The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

It looks familar because it has a lot of resemblance to the Legioss that Char crashed into NERV headquarters.

Worst episode of Voltron EVAR!

MP:今年预计就发5个,mp25和某宝放出的预定款一样,配件是洛尔和收音机,大家去看看52集就懂了, 只看了灰模貌似可动性又提高了不少。21G没有斯派克改成飞行背包了比较坑,但官方介绍会降低 售价。

MP: there will be 5 MPs this year. MP25 is the same as the rumors going around (tracks/ironhide). accessories include.....something (my guess will be Raoul and a radio (blaster) in reference to season 2 episode 36 "auto-bop"). they showed a gray prototype and looks posability is good. MP21G (G2 bee) will only include a jet pack replacing the exo-suit, but the price will be adjusted and reduced

So assuming Exhaust is not included, would that mean Tracks, Road Rage, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Blaster?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Worst episode of Voltron EVAR!

So assuming Exhaust is not included, would that mean Tracks, Road Rage, Ironhide, Ratchet, and Blaster?

if we're going to include exhaust, have to count in g2 fake gold bug

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, we'd have to exclude Goldbug too.

oh, i got confused bc you listed roadrage, then roadrage needs to be excluded as well :p

the tfw2005 forums were including the g2/ diaclone variants:

exhaust

star saber

g2 bumble

tracks

(either road rage or iron hide)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm hoping that Ironhide, and Ratchet by extension, are truly getting the MP treatment. Tracks seems an odd choice to me, since he was more of a side character, esp when there are still quite a few of the original and better known characters (Jazz, Hound, Cliffjumper, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, just to name a few) that still need their own MP versions.

Rumor from the UK Toy Fair says the new Devastator is going to be Titan Class, but due to aiming across multiple age groups, the bots will be pretty simplified. My thinking is, make two versions: a simplified version to go along with the rest of the 1-2 step TFs, and one for the Generations line with a little more complexity to the transformations. I personally hate the new trend of taking the transformation out of Transformers; to me, that's the allure. While I can't stand Bay's TFs, I have to say that many of the toys that came out of at least the first two movies were amazing little feats of engineering. I'm not saying that the Generations line needs to have that kind of complexity, but I'd hate to see what I consider their main line of TFs to be reduced to 2-3 step changers with little to no real transformation involved. :angry: At that point, I guess I'll save a bit of money and concentrate solely on the MP line. <_<:(

I'm hoping that Ironhide, and Ratchet by extension, are truly getting the MP treatment. Tracks seems an odd choice to me, since he was more of a side character, esp when there are still quite a few of the original and better known characters (Jazz, Hound, Cliffjumper, Mirage, Sunstreaker, Trailbreaker, just to name a few) that still need their own MP versions.

I think licensing plays a big part in what MP's get made nowadays. And Chevy+Transformers=easy license.

^ ^ ^ Then we should get a great Tracks! While I agree on Jazz or Hound being first, I always though iron hide was like 2nd in command type of character, maybe I'm wrong. Do they even need to license a van?

I really hope they giveTracks a decent flight mode, but I'm holding my hopes at 5%...

When I heard about Bumblebee, I really though Jazz, being a Porsche would be next. (things are never like we want them to be...)

Edited by vlenhoff

i actually think tracks is a good choice for...takara tomy

they cannot just do all the heavy hitters and super popular characters first. for example if we already had megatron and galvatron already lots of people would buy them and call it quits! at that point trying to get people to buy minor characters is gonna be a bummer. same idea...if we had the entire ark crew already....lots of people...would quit. giving us tracks....he is a marketable sports car (corvette...and a classic stingray model at that!) an important enough character (at least people rmember 1 or 2 tracks centric episodes) and has one built in repaint ( i mean who doesn't love a red corvette?). it makes total sense for them. that being said....as aging collectors kinda want to have a complete set of "core" characters ASAP. lol

Guest davidwhangchoi

damn i want g1 thrust so badly, i wanted him as a kid and looked at his box everytime i went to the toy store...

seeing his reflection on prime's grill was awesome. (i think kickback knocked him a few as well in the series)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I prefer if takara-tomy take their time and properly engineer G1 toys. All these repaints may buy them time to give us fun and detailed G1 masterpiece products.

BTW i am only getting Exhaust because it reminds me or Ayrton Senna's livery, nothing else...

Edited by vlenhoff

I was finally able to pay shipping for UM, BB, and a Onepiece Issho [megahouse] figure a friend ordered on my HLJ account. We saved 20 bucks at least doing it together. I can hardly wait...

Funny, I only had "white" Optimus as a child. I can't believe i am so excited about UM, being just by himself. I must say the original UM gave hours of entertainment, and it was the only way I was able to have Optimus Prime! Now i have MP-10[hasbro] and Nemesis Takara! [Nemesis was a bday gift!!!!]

I sense a group shot coming up in 8 days xD

Edited by vlenhoff

^^sweet!

For those into Combiner Wars, Takara is getting into the game with Unite Warriors Superion:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/1032071-takara-superion-slingshot.html

Even better, no strange Alpha Bravo 'bot.

Not even slightly surprised, as that mold was always Slingshot's alt-mode to begin with. It's like 90% Sea Harrier, 10% (if that) F-4.

How long of a wait am I expecting with SAL shipping from HLJ? Japan to California....

w00t!

Finally got my mp-22 today delivered today, along with some other stuff:

rtnmKaHl.jpg

Can't deal with any of it right now, tho...

:bump:

Please let me know your impression of MP-22.

Slingshot? As in the Harrier? Then what was all this helicopter business about?

Money money money money MON-NEY!

Yup. You can have 4 Aerialbots NOW if you buy a helicopter. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a while, until the very tail end of the line, to get the 'real' team. Same for Wildrider/Stunticons.

Yup. You can have 4 Aerialbots NOW if you buy a helicopter. Otherwise, you'll have to wait a while, until the very tail end of the line, to get the 'real' team. Same for Wildrider/Stunticons.

But in reality you will never see either set in the wild and will have to pay eBay scalper prices regardless.

On a less cynical note...

Haven't had time to mess with it, yet, but here's an initial shot...

XHQiQ9Ll.jpg

He's got the touch.

And the minion...

:D

I did that with Primus and a Micromaster. Turned out the old Micromasters are exactly the right size to sit in the palm of his hand, and the police car one I dug out looked just about perfect while doing so. Hip and knee joins in the right place so his feet dangle off the edge like he's sitting on a park bench.

post-720-0-39374000-1422000803_thumb.jpg

Edited by JB0