The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

David, where you ordering it from?

NY and hlj as backup but it looks like NY and AE was the cheapest so i'll prob pay for my NY and cancel hlj. i locked in the price at NY for 129usd, instead of yen bc i suspected the dollar is dropping against the yen.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So, no comments that the voyager-class x6, Devastator giftset is all but confirmed now? (the fact that a Titanium-class Devy is coming is confirmed---the unconfirmed bits would be that it's G1, and made of six Voyagers---but so far everything else has turned out true, so I vote that what was leaked/rumored about this release, was correct)

I can't see how 6 voyagers = Titan class considering that 6 voyagers is exactly what Hercules is made up of and is nowhere near Titan sized.

Keen though :)

Edited by Silverstreak

I can't see how 6 voyagers = Titan class considering that 6 voyagers is exactly what Hercules is made up of and is nowhere near Titan sized.

Hercules pieces were under the voyager line. Plus some of the new Voyagers have been pretty tall.

Still, it's Hasbro, it'll be loose, wobbly and have terrible paint apps.

Regarding MP-10... I got the Hasbro Asia release one a few months ago, and it is fine. No loose joints, just a tiny minor scratch on the silver paint on the rib, but everything else is perfect. But, however, I was impressed with this mold so much that I am actually interested enough in comparing the Takaratomy one, so I just pre-ordered one... I have two Fire Valks, one Yamato and one Arcadia, for the same reason, I just really love that mold. I didn't use to be like this! :(

Edited by Renato

Regarding MP-10... I got the Hasbro Asia release one a few months ago, and it is fine. No loose joints, just a tiny minor scratch on the silver paint on the rib, but everything else is perfect. But, however, I was impressed with this mold so much that I am actually interested enough in comparing the Takaratomy one, so I just pre-ordered one... I have two Fire Valks, one Yamato and one Arcadia, for the same reason, I just really love that mold. I didn't use to be like this! :(

LoL. Alas, I'm right there with you. I cannot resist my favorite molds.

I've got 8 MP-10s including an unopened Hasbro and an unopened Takara. If anyone would rather trade for an MP-10 some of their existing MPs or anything Macross instead of spending money on a new one, let me know. -

wow! 8?! Curious to see your display. :)

Latest news I saw was that one of the figures is Leader-sized, the rest are Voyagers, and the quantity of bots is not for sure... I plan to get it either way, but there may be some wailing and gnashing of teeth among the purists unless it fits the very specific IDW setup with Long Haul being larger than the others. Of course, I haven't seen a Titan Metroplex in person yet, so this one may end up as another white whale for me.

Even with one of the bots being a leader... I just keep looking at my G1 Fort Max and thinkng there is no way in hell 5 voyagers and 1 leader combined would be that big (and Fort Max is shorter than Metroplex too) _Maybe_ Armada Unicron is a closer comparison.

The funny thing is that you can't even bring this up without getting shot down. On one TF forum I actually was accused of not "being an enthusiastic enough fan" for not taking this all as fact. I want it to be true, but I don't just instantly believe every rumor I like the sound of.

Edited by Silverstreak

FYI, HLJ has MP-22 back in stock with a decent deal. I picked one up for ¥16,780 including shipping to USA. I think its a little blocky but want to see in hand. I guess If I don't like it, I'll sale it.

Im def not in love with mp-22. As far as I'm concerned he's the worst masterpiece since Megatron. The main issue with me is the lack of mobility. very stiff figure. looks ok I guess in the 2 poses he can pull off.

I've been surprised by what the big guy can pull off. I've put mine in running poses, commanding poses, and I've seen a bunch of good ideas popping up on tfw2005 while lurking there. Like MP-10, MP-22 has a nice, straight-forward transformation. and a few fun gimmicks. I'm happy with the articulation, even though it is limited.

I might have a different opinion if I paid US prices, though.

Because of the lack of detailing, MP-22's blocky, cartoon aesthetic is toyetic. I'm not really happy with the cost-saving compromises (backpack cab, questionable diecast usage), especially with the attention that TT is giving Star Saber. I wonder how close we were to that line where time and money would've allowed an MP-22 of MP-10 quality? Oh well...

FYI, HLJ has MP-22 back in stock with a decent deal. I picked one up for ¥16,780 including shipping to USA. I think its a little blocky but want to see in hand. I guess If I don't like it, I'll sale it.

That was quick, HLJ sold out the MP-22 already.

Rumor has it that the next MPs will be Tracks and Ironhide. Still no word on Jazz

Welcome news. Having missed out on iGear's version, I need an Ironhide. And Tracks is one of my favorites.

With all the unofficial Mirages and not-Suntreaker on the horizon, I figured those two would be next.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm beginning to think that Jazz will have to come from a 3rd party at this point. Hound too :(

On other news, I just read that TF Prime will be removed from Netflix in February. Rescue Bots too.

yeah, i was looking for g1 randomly and they already took that off. time to dust of my old dvds.

i was reading tfw2005, up on the mp tracks rumor. i rather have ironhide as the next one. i guess the rumor of mp galvatron as the next is just a dream.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm beginning to think that Jazz will have to come from a 3rd party at this point. Hound too :(

On other news, I just read that TF Prime will be removed from Netflix in February. Rescue Bots too.

I watched one episode of Rescue Bots, because Transformers and Levar Burton. Yeah, it's a little too kiddy for me.

Bummed about G1 and Prime, but I have the G1 DVDs and Prime on Blu-ray, so it's really more of a "why do I keep Netflix when it seems like they've been losing more content than they've been gaining?" and less of a, "I can't believe I won't be able to watch that anymore!"

If the rumors are true, I hope they tackle Ironhide first. It'll be interesting to see how they translate ideas from both the G1 toy and the animation model. My one hope is that he can deploy his cannon out of his back like in the third part of the original 3 part pilot, and still retain it in his van mode as well.

That second pic looks REALLY fanmiliar for some reason, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Is it a Gundam homage of some sort?

It looks familar because it has a lot of resemblance to the Legioss that Char crashed into NERV headquarters.

Edited by eriku

Yay Tracks! *waves flag*

It's funny how I was just thinking how cool it would be to have MP Tracks. I love that flying car, but not so much about his personality. But I'd be more excited if we get the Triple Changers, like Springer, Blitzwing, or Astrotrain.

MP:今年预计就发5个,mp25和某宝放出的预定款一样,配件是洛尔和收音机,大家去看看52集就懂了, 只看了灰模貌似可动性又提高了不少。21G没有斯派克改成飞行背包了比较坑,但官方介绍会降低 售价。

MP: there will be 5 MPs this year. MP25 is the same as the rumors going around (tracks/ironhide). accessories include.....something (my guess will be Raoul and a radio (blaster) in reference to season 2 episode 36 "auto-bop"). they showed a gray prototype and looks posability is good. MP21G (G2 bee) will only include a jet pack replacing the exo-suit, but the price will be adjusted and reduced

Edited by Gakken85

Guest davidwhangchoi

cool!

according to the same tfw2005 report.

g1 encore reissues:

tripticon, coneheads, blitzwing & Astrotrain bundle, Perceptor & Blaster bundle.

well i'm excited they're coming out with more G1 reissues! yeah baby yeah