The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Never enough space brick.

Just opened Wheeljack. Beautiful piece. The best Car they've done yet. Car mode is just a pleasure to look at. Love the big thick wheels and the paint job.

The Transformation is really elagant and satisfying. Everything feels blocky and secure, unlike a few spots on Lambor and Prowl. The ankles are a little open but overall it's a tank.

Also, seems they fixed the gun locking issue in the hands. The blaster is in there super tight. I think they made the groove deeper and a bit longer on the gun itself.

Great paint job. Great head sculpt. Everything is super tight.

Very pleased.

7rxPdSA.jpg

0veyCFn.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Just brought MP Wheeljack back from the store. There's a bit of "fuzzy" overspray on the top of the Alitalia A logo on his right door. It's the hazy lines customizers purposely try to achieve when painting cammo patterns on a tank by keeping the stencil a small distance above the surface.

Does anyone know if methylated spirits are strong enough to remove TF paint? I'm planning to mask the part up with tape and carefully swab off the overspray with a Q-tip dipped in methylated spirits or whatever that's not too strong for the plastic.

@Gakken: I wish I'd pulled the trigger on the TT Grimlock reissue, or at least got the TRU Grimlock. He'd make the perfect accompaniment to MP Wheeljack. FOC Grimlock's way too small.

Edited by GU-11

Good stuff Valk08 :D

I really like these Act 4 stands to show off my Destron Tapes. Only really need 2 and I can use the other one for something else. Maybe Spike when he comes in?

Anyway, for 10 bucks it's the only way to fly.

Finally got a pose out of Soundwave that I love too.

R00EyEH.jpg

As much as everyone loves Jazz, I could live without, but if TakTom do release one in the future, then I will definitely pick one up. ;)

Now I wonder what MP will be after Star Saber. I would love to see the triple changer, especially Springer and Blitzwing.

Springer would certainly grab my attention, I think TF:TM needs more attention from the Masterpiece line (Rodimus and Ultra Magnus aren't enough).

Blitzwing and Mirage are my two big wants next.

Jazz is a close third.

I'd love to see more official Dinos and a new Megatron/seeker set.

Jazz, Mirage and Hound + updated molds from Megatron and the Seekers.

Insecticons

Those too.

Screw it -

Takara, just do everyone in MP form.

-b.

Action Masters

Considering how many people ask for hyper-articulated figures that compromise EVERYTHING for the looks of robot-mode, that's not far off from what some people want.

They're all "Ultra Magnus doesn't even really need a trailer, much less a working one---he's just going to be in robot mode all the time anyways". :p

I think the next release should be Long Haul with an accurate Alt mode.. Same size as Ultra Magnus on Alt mode, and you can just fold his load area over 5 or six times to make him to scale with Lambor.

The fanboys will love it.

4.+Cami%25C3%25B3n+minero.jpg

Edited by Gakken85

Neat! I wonder if these will fix the last of the fiddly bits or if they are just straight repaints of KO version 2?

That's cool :D

Damn that EVA MP-10 KO is even uglier than the real one.

I think that picture of the Bape is the legit one...

The white "UM" might be worth grabbing as it will never be made. Maybe somebody can cut up a spare MP-Ultra Magnus and make an armored version that looks good.

Would be a hell of a project.

Edited by Gakken85

Considering how many people ask for hyper-articulated figures that compromise EVERYTHING for the looks of robot-mode, that's not far off from what some people want.

They're all "Ultra Magnus doesn't even really need a trailer, much less a working one---he's just going to be in robot mode all the time anyways". :p

Honestly, it's what I've always wanted from Transformer toys. It's why I like the DMK releases from Takara so much.

I don't really care about rolling a truck around on the floor, or running around the house with yet another jet. Not as a kid and certainly not as an adult. I want Transformer robot modes that look exactly like they're shown on the cartoons or on the big screen.

-b.