The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I hear rumblings that Galvatron will be announced soon, but who knows.

I think one of the interviews mentioned new cepts.

All reports are that the mp-08x re-issue is nice and tight in the legs. Happy to hear that.

Also, check out UM's transformation, looks like beagle cyclone ride armor levels of suck. Well, maybe not that bad haha

10606363_867529373258956_373951608231295

Edited by Gakken85

MP Galvatron would be AWESOME!

MP Ultra Fat-ta-us's BUTT-FLAP cold easily be modified, just need a hammer and a chisel! :lol::blink::ph34r:

Actually, that butt-flap is toon acurate, but it's oversized. Look at the drawing #4 from the above image, you'll see the butt-flap.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

The problem with MP-03 mold, it could not stand on it's own too well, it's not toon color, and it got side kibbles remind me of the ninja swords.

I need MP Galvatron and a new in scale MP Hot Rod, just Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime.

Funny, I've got an MP-11 based Thundercracker on my shelf right now. I wonder how that got their if they haven't made one? :huh::rolleyes::p

I meant, the TakTom release, not Has! :D

The Hasbro exclusive TRU Thundercracker could use a Takara release. I think the colors are off. :p

The problem with MP-03 mold, it could not stand on it's own too well, it's not toon color, and it got side kibbles remind me of the ninja swords.

Form what I understand, MP-11 makes compromises in jet mode to create a better robot and MP-03 makes compromises in robot mode to make a better looking jet. With Acid Storm and old Starscream, I see that both are very good at what they do, but I like a better jet. ;)

Edited by technoblue

I need MP Galvatron and a new in scale MP Hot Rod, just Hot Rod, not Rodimus Prime.

I meant, the TakTom release, not Has! :D

I sort of have a theory regarding Takara's reluctance to release Skywarp and Thundercracker.

MP-11 came with a crown and cape, and they were able to find an excuse for Sunstorm to have the accessories due to his bio. Skywarp and Thundercracker have no reason to sport a cape and crown.

Maybe they'll try to find some other accessories to use the plastic quota on.

The Dinobots look great as a group:

I wish I could buy them in a brick and mortar but I can't find them in my place of the world and I'm not buying whole case assortments with Transformers I don't like and don't want. :p

The Hasbro exclusive TRU Thundercracker could use a Takara release. I think the colors are off. :p

Form what I understand, MP-11 makes compromises in jet mode to create a better robot and MP-03 makes compromises in robot mode to make a better looking jet. With Acid Storm and old Starscream, I see that both are very good at what they do, but I like a better jet. ;)

I've been told that the unique elements of MP-03 aren't accurate to any variant of the F-15 and that the MP-11 version is closer in overall shape to an actual F-15C.

How so? To me, both have the profile of an F-15. MP-03 looks like an imaginary single-seat F-15E. And, as you say, MP-11 looks closer to the F-15C or maybe the F-15A. Both Transformers have kibble around the thrusters and afterburner section that make the back end chubbier (in profile) than it is in real life.

Edited by technoblue

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. I simply don't see what anime52k8 sees and want to better understand his point. I ran a quick Google search, but didn't come up with anything.

And I stand by what I wrote. Both MP-11 and MP-03 are good transformers, I just like MP-03 more. :)

The CFT's on MP-03 are too blended up front. There's no "crease" where they meet the intake/wingroot. There should be a deep, obvious groove molded in below the gun port. This makes the "intake/shoulder kibble" even bigger than it would otherwise be, as there's too much mass in a place where a real F-15 is "shaved away" there.

(plus it's got a tailhook fairing, which the F-15E never had and just gets in the way of posing/standing)

I want something other than a seeker.

I'd love to see blitzwing. That's a grail for me.

I don't think we'll be seeing any triple changer anytime soon, but if I'm wrong, then let me be the first to place my preorder. :p

Blitzwing is my second fav, but Springer would be my triple changer holy grail.

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to start anything or be a jerk. I simply don't see what anime52k8 sees and want to better understand his point. I ran a quick Google search, but didn't come up with anything.

And I stand by what I wrote. Both MP-11 and MP-03 are good transformers, I just like MP-03 more. :)

Like I said, I was told this (by david). I don't really see it either.

Thanks, everyone, for getting me up-to-date. I would have continued to miss the CFT placement issue without David's input. It doesn't bother me too much, but now I know that it's there. The tailhook was always a bit baffling for a fighter that was picked up by the USAF. IIRC, the US Navy turned down proposals to integrate a "Sea Eagle" twice.

Gakken: I agree with you on introducing a new MP seeker mold. I think doing that with the coneheads would be choice.

Like I said, I was told this (by david). I don't really see it either.

Yeah, this one needed prompting. :)

I want something other than a seeker.

I'd love to see blitzwing. That's a grail for me.

Agreed, him and Astrotrain are probably the two 'cons I'd like to see the most in the MP line.

Them and, I am almost ashamed to say, Dark of the Moon Megatron. I loathe the movies but I'm a sucker for that Megatron design.

I see no reason Takara couldn't do a triple changer. Unless they keep cutting corners and they can't afford to do the engineering.

I guess they are in scale, but honestly they weren't that big compared to the autobots.

I think they are a little tall... but scale is kind of out the window with ultra fattimus.

Edited by Gakken85

Ultra Magnus is definitely out of scale but to be honest he was destined to be. One way or another one of his modes is going to be out of scale unless he was a parts formers which defeats it being a masterpiece. I overall don't mind except the butt flap issue. That could've been avoided with better planning