The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

This is a little off topic but... Id love to see a Delorean transformer.

Have it transform a bit like Pointblank. Have the front open up into shoulders, and the distinctive backend become toes and feet - then work the wings into the back a la grimlock.

I wouldn't want it to be a cheesy tie-in with Back to the Future or anything, maybe a subtle nod... but a distinct character with it's own identity. There are so few distinctive cars anymore it would be nice to see.

Actually... the more I look like it... Point Blank looks a lot like a DeLorean... haha

G1_Pointblank_boxart.jpg

G1-toy_Pointblank.jpg

ScreenShot2014-07-23at113831PM_zps2c103e

Edited by Gakken85

A little late to the party, but damn, I'm glad I have my MP-10.

The whole "wearing dead seekers" thing kind of reminds me of this:

526x297-PRi.jpg

Speaking of which, why does every non-transforming G1 Optimus figure have to be based on MP-10? Might have piqued my interest if it were the IDW version.

Speaking of which, why does every non-transforming G1 Optimus figure have to be based on MP-10? Might have piqued my interest if it were the IDW version.

Better than being based on MP-01 like they were for a while...

But that's my whole point these last few posts---the MP figures are not "perfect" representations of bot-mode, so if you're doing a bot-mode only figure---don't copy the MP's! Do better! Like, actual truck parts, non-transforming joint/hinge designs, etc.

Sometimes I'm surprised they don't put in the screws that the MP's have, they follow them so closely...

The HOTTOYS OP does make me want to do a paint job on my MP-10. I love the silver touches, but I MUST agree. 98% of my transformers transform, and I want to keep it that way...

Edited by vlenhoff

Better than being based on MP-01 like they were for a while...

But that's my whole point these last few posts---the MP figures are not "perfect" representations of bot-mode, so if you're doing a bot-mode only figure---don't copy the MP's! Do better! Like, actual truck parts, non-transforming joint/hinge designs, etc.

Sometimes I'm surprised they don't put in the screws that the MP's have, they follow them so closely...

There were statues and non-transforming figs based on MP-01? I'm glad I never saw those.

But yeah, I totally agree with what you said. I can understand that they're trying to give it the illusion of being able to transform, but they're going about it in a very wrong way. Like you said, where they should be using real vehicle parts or adding wires and tubes where appropriate, they simply copied the MP-10 toy, compromises and all.

But don't be surprised if this actually sells. Somewhere out there, there are rich TF completionists waiting to throw somecash at any new TF product.

This is a little off topic but... Id love to see a Delorean transformer.

Have it transform a bit like Pointblank. Have the front open up into shoulders, and the distinctive backend become toes and feet - then work the wings into the back a la grimlock.

I wouldn't want it to be a cheesy tie-in with Back to the Future or anything, maybe a subtle nod... but a distinct character with it's own identity. There are so few distinctive cars anymore it would be nice to see.

Actually... the more I look like it... Point Blank looks a lot like a DeLorean... haha

G1_Pointblank_boxart.jpg

G1-toy_Pointblank.jpg

ScreenShot2014-07-23at113831PM_zps2c103e

i've wanted a delorean transformer since the 80s! lol. personally i'd love a BttF tie in. just make the Bttf removable, and make it a powermaster or something like that. throw in a doc brown and mcfly driver and that' d be awesome. th ewheels must also rotate to face down for the delorean flight mode!

It seems that TFW's getting hammered right now, but here's their Generations Superion official images page:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc2014-transformers-generations-2015-aerialbots-official-images-180792/

Yeah. Slingshot's now a chopper instead of a harrier jet.

WTF, Hasbro?!

:angry:

In contrast, there are now apparently six Stunticons as the Generations Menasor seems to have added a new member and Wildrider's now some kind of a sport-truck thingy (?) called Offroad :

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc2014-transformers-generations-2015-stunticons-official-images-180793/

:huh:

Edited by treatment

well, they both look better than foc Bruticus at any rate. and there Superion doesn't seem all that much worse than uranos given the price difference. but I think I'd go with Fans project's menasor.

I reckon they're intending to make both Generations Bruticus and Generations Defensor to re-use these new members of the Aerialbots and Stunticons.

Alpha-Bravo (Not-Slingshot) will be recolored as Blades and OffRoad (Not-Wildrider) will be recolored as Swindle.

I honestly wonder who at HasTak approves these - my god. They're going to have to lift their game especially as they look like they're trying to cover 3rd party releases... Or maybe they're resigned to the prospect of appealing to only kid collectors or 'regular' people/customers.

If I were at HasTak - I'd be saying 'we can do this better', especially with all their experience and moolah to back them.

The 3rd party combiners are on another level in reagrds to posability and sculpt, in most cases.

Third party groups don't have to work to a restricted budget. They create scout-sized toys that cost $60, and are aimed at adult collectors with disposable incomes. Hasbro have to get theirs on pegs at Walmart for under $10.

Third party groups don't have to work to a restricted budget. They create scout-sized toys that cost $60, and are aimed at adult collectors with disposable incomes. Hasbro have to get theirs on pegs at Walmart for under $10.

Which just strengthens my point. Why buy toys made for kids?

I collect things that are made for adults because I want a nice product that I can display and really enjoy as an person with an older mind.

But yeah 3rd parties do have budgets. They aren't making it for free. They have to stay in business.

You act like it's a free-for-all and they are putting light-up gimmicks and using titanium.

The truth is that Hasbro cuts corners to maximize profits to sell to children. As it should be I guess, more so than 3rd parties go buck wild. They have more passion and less restrictions.

I don't understand buying little pieces for $20 bucks over and over when you can have quality for $100-150. Idk if it's impulse control or what.

Edited by Gakken85

It seems that TFW's getting hammered right now, but here's their Generations Superion official images page:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc2014-transformers-generations-2015-aerialbots-official-images-180792/

Yeah. Slingshot's now a chopper instead of a harrier jet.

WTF, Hasbro?!

:angry:

In contrast, there are now apparently six Stunticons as the Generations Menasor seems to have added a new member and Wildrider's now some kind of a sport-truck thingy (?) called Offroad :

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/sdcc2014-transformers-generations-2015-stunticons-official-images-180793/

:huh:

Oh, FFS... Even though the official pics look a ton better, this quote alone illustrates how little Hasbro's bean-counters understand the Classics line. Maybe the idea is to take a potentially good combiner and kneecap it because they know 3rd party companies will create figures to replace the components Hasbro screwed up. Onslaught comes to mind.

Oh, FFS... Even though the official pics look a ton better, this quote alone illustrates how little Hasbro's bean-counters understand the Classics line. Maybe the idea is to take a potentially good combiner and kneecap it because they know 3rd party companies will create figures to replace the components Hasbro screwed up. Onslaught comes to mind.

That's a very good point. Hasbro always has that ONE thing.

Or two

Or three :blink:

I'd say that 'largely self-funded' = restricted budget.

But anyways, I'll pass on these for my collection - but perhaps a set for my son - who keeps eye-balling my Not-Menasor :D

So you're telling me that when you made your Transformers Shapeways parts you were doing so on budgeted time frame? Really?

Fortunately, I design mine taking however long I want.

The 'restricted budget' I was initially referring to is the amount of money Hasbro allows their designers to use for each toy or wave. A third party does not have the same constraints. When Shogo Hasui was designing MP Lambor he was expecting a price point of 10000jpy, when he was told they would be 6000jpy he had to simplify it to make that goal. A 3P maker wouldn't be constrained by that.