The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Hunh.

BgAcKQICIAAKkIF.jpg

He's an F-14/F-15/F-18/VF-1...

The tailplanes having a greater span than the wings looks really really weird with the wings swept back though.

I can see the f14 and f18 (with some stealth characteristics like the intakes on the f22) but can not see the f15 in it though

I don't know, it looks kind of fake to me. Toon-accurate bot mode that transforms into neither the toon jet nor a VF-1, but an F-14-ish jet painted like the toy? Unless it's fake jet parts on robot mode, the cockpit and nosecone don't match in form or paint. It's also kind of weird that this is supposed to be Leader class in a line that, since 2006, hasn't had a Leader class, or that Hasbro would decide to use Jetfire for the first CHUG Leader instead of more marketable characters like Optimus or Megatron.

it was accidently leaked by hasbro back in october that there would be a 30th Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Megatron link tfw2005

Edited by altermodes

That Jetfire jet mode is a bit of a Frankenstein's Monster. I wish they'd just made an animation faithful Skyfire figure. The bot mode looks pretty good, and the fighter's ok, but still not quite "there". However, unlike the CHUG version, at least they tucked the arms away on this one.

I'm holding out hope for a new Roadbuster toy that's at least as well done as the new Whirl. I've wanted a fully transformable and poseable Mugen Calibur toy since the 80's, so a Generations Roadbuster would suit me fine.

I'm holding out hope for a new Roadbuster toy that's at least as well done as the new Whirl. I've wanted a fully transformable and poseable Mugen Calibur toy since the 80's, so a Generations Roadbuster would suit me fine.

You know CM's already did a Mugen Calibur toy years ago, right? and if you can't find that there's always the one that fansproject is doing:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/fansproject-warbot-revolver-colored-prototype-pics-178807/

Wow.. I'm kind of blown away on how involved the transformation on this Metamor Force Dino Getter is....

I know it's not a transformer brand... but it's a transforming dinosaur robot.. so close enough.

Pretty excited.

I think this.. FT Slag, and the Star Saber release will be the best transformers of the year. (If Saber comes out)

Edited by Gakken85

anime52k8, thanks for the info. I was aware of CM's Calibur a few years back, but I passed on it. I think it was a financial choice at the time, and other things won out. I've seen Fan's Project's version before, but I'm not crazy about their take. I don't want a halftrack Roadbuster. Anyway, given that Takara/Hasbro have produced a pretty-close-to-G1 Whirl, I figure Roadbuster will get his turn eventually, and hopefully it will be well executed. I do sincerely appreciate the information, though. Thanks!

As a character design... I guess it's not too bad.

As a toy... please tell me that's a Legends-class...

EDIT: Nope, found out that Hasbro actually thinks that piece of junk is worth $80.

I also saw Hasbro's new line of "One Step Changers". Push a button on the vehicle, and bam, robot. As you might imagine, they all look like crap. But the worst thing I saw today was Drift's box art. He's a samurai robot... with a goatee.

Edited by mikeszekely

Well, robot mode looks fantastic, you just have to live with the fake cockpit just hanging below the plane :lol:

post-2996-0-63528800-1392498321_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-83303800-1392498342_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-80426400-1392500286_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-26198600-1392498396_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-45468200-1392498410_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-39935400-1392498572_thumb.jpg

And the Grimlock from some posts back is not the Leader version. Looks like that one is the giant super pewpew verision that is close the the Unicron toy in size.

The real Leader version actually looks nice:

post-2996-0-54005700-1392498943_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-39264700-1392498999_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-70863500-1392499011_thumb.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/toy-fair-38/toy-fair-2014-transformers-from-hasbro-event-179295/

Still don't like the design. To feathery and human like.

It's like they took inspiration from the pretender line... which is terrible. But then again none of the movie designs are worth a damn haha.

Pretender_Grimlock_toy.jpg

That's a good jetfire toy though. Best one made so far.

Edited by Gakken85

Hm the bottom of the plane looks cleaner than I would've expected. I'm interested in knowing if the back of the robot-mode is made out of aircraft kibble. ^_^

Oh I'm looking through the images over at TFW and I don't like anything I've seen until now. I will look through the rest of the images maybe I find something interesting. The toys on the images Twoducks posted look ok but all the TF4 stuff I've seen looks terrible. At least to me.

[edit:] The Construct Bot Grimlock looks kinda cool. Or what ever this is. It says Roughtneck Dino

Edited by Scyla

Well, robot mode looks fantastic, you just have to live with the fake cockpit just hanging below the plane :lol:

TF-2014---Transformers-179_1392494670.jpg TF-2014---Transformers-453_1392496576.jpg

I'm I just really behind on tf news or something, because that looks like Generations roadbuster, and more importantly, MOTHER F**KING SKY-BYTE!!!

Leader Jetfire really is the best Jetfire figure to date. Glad they went with normal-ish looking jet instead of spaceship. For a Hasbro, plane it looks very nice.

Rattrap is another cool figure.

The movie stuff is really kid oriented. Leader Grimlock is the only one I find nice. That said, the amount of hollow parts on the toys is too much. One thing is making them more little kid friendly and another to cheap out so much on the toy. Jetfire is also sporting some heavy holes.

So after skimming through all the images I have to say the only TF4 toy that does anything for me is this metallic Grimlock.

The Jetfire toy looks pretty cool I wonder if they release a black repaint in Japan as they did with the Classics Jetfire toy. I'm still curious about the back of the bot. :p

Am I the only one that thinks that Prime/Convoy has to have a faceplate?

I'm down with the new Roadbuster and Sky-bite. Jetfire is a big ol' meh for me, though. The jet mode fixes the obvious arms, but introduces its own problems with the underside fake cockpit, and the bot mode looks like it's going to be wearing a kibble backpack. Al so he can have an F-14 alt mode that is faithful neither to the cartoon or a the VF-1 that was his toy. I think they'd have been a lot better off if they'd just kept the animation aesthetic for both modes.

Hey, don't forget toys aren't the only announcement! New video game Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark was announced for PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, and 3DS. No idea idea what if any differences besides graphics there will be between platforms, nor do I know who's developing it (fingers crossed for High Moon). What's interesting, though, is that the trailer shows both Age of Extinction and Fall of Cybertron characters, including both Optimus Primes, and ends with the words Two Worlds.

I'm surprised nobody here has caught on that the new Roadbuster is based on the G.I.Joe Vamp. Kinda like the awesome Snowcat from years back. :)

I do like the skyfire, and plan on getting it. In the wake of the SDCC skystriker incident it is interesting to note for me how his paint scheme has been altered to remove the black stripes and his "fast packs" look nothing like they do in across. My biggest complaint is that I would like a vehicle mode based on the tv version also. I have to wonder if a some point when designing it they had maybe a punch/counterpunch design in mind.

Roadbuster is a definite must-buy. Still undecided on Sky/Jetfire--those thruster feet make him look flatfooted, but it could well be a case of being lazily transformed.

"Evasion mode" leader class Optimus is a mixed bag. The general proportions in both modes are good, but the plastic looks very cheap, and the arms are ugly. He's going to need a ton of silver drybrushing, weathering and some custom parts to look presentable--good news for professional customizers, I guess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/02/15/transformers-rise-of-the-dark-spark-revealed-at-nyc-toy-fair/

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, or if it's already been mentioned. But I'm excited!

i thought it belonged here. That's why I brought it up.

Bummer to hear that it's not High Moon, by the way. But it's pretty awesome to hear that the 3DS version will be a strategy RPG.