The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Couldn't decide to pre-order it on NY or HLJ. They NY shows the EMS costs 2040yen. Similar weight and dimension item cost around than 1450yen (EMS) to ship from HLJ. Does anyone order MP-19 Smokescreen or similar from HLJ using EMS and care to let me know about the shipping cost?

Guest davidwhangchoi

wait, yours didn't have name tags? :huh:11967708444_3ce0de9b07_b.jpgdecepticon corporate training day by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

I think you got the order of names backwards. From left to right it should be rumble and frenzy. I've never heard soundwave say frenzy and rumble ever. I should start a new camp debating the order of casette namecalling. That should settle who is who.

I think you got the order of names backwards. From left to right it should be rumble and frenzy. I've never heard soundwave say frenzy and rumble ever. I should start a new camp debating the order of casette namecalling. That should settle who is who.

They're standing in the right order; they obviously just switched nametags. :p

To I received my MP Soundwave yesterday and I have an issue with his left thigh joint. It seems unable to ratchet one click back. It's really scary because I fear it will break like the knee joints on my MP-09B because it looks fairly similar. Now the thigh is always at this weird angle.

Has anyone had the same issue? I guess I have to take it apart an see whats wrong with it. Maybe sanding done the pin of the ratchet.

As a general observation I'm once again slightly disappointed by the MP figures from Takara. Especially the gate marks stand out. They just look terrible to me. The one on the thighs are stand out the most I guess. The whole figure feels a bit off.

I think of all of my MP figures MP-10B is still the best even if he has the limited articulation. My MP Streak is a great toy also but he has the painted on tail lights and the red plastic just feels wrong for a high end toy. Luckily you can't see the red plastic that much in bot-mode.

After all this nitpicks I have to say that it is a fun toy to play with and honestly I play with my MP Transformers much more then I do with my collector Macross toys. I really like the double jointed elbows and knees. Even if I think that they are only there because of transformation and to allow for the gimmick to operate his own tape deck instead of allowing for a expressive toy. Also Condor is a great little treat (he also has gate marks that bother me to no end).

I often think that I'm the only person that is bothered by the quality of the Takara Masterpiece toys. Of course it doesn't help that I received my first Aracdia VF-1S at the same day because they are just awesome.

I cancelled my Grimlock pre-order.

It's a budget adjustment and the price for MP-08 is a little too high this time out with the other stuff I have on order. If the box thing is any indication that Hasbro US might reissue Grimlock, then I'll just wait for that. I guess I'm not as interested in transforming dinosaurs as I was when I was a kid. :unsure:

Edited by technoblue

Still debating on the Grimlock reissue. It's odd because TFsource posted a picture

That showed Takara Tomy Grimmy's in Hasbro US cartons.

Not sure what's up with that.

I find it curious why only TFSource and BBTS seem to stock the MP Grimlock. None of the other etailers I checked (and know off) have this release.

So I second that:

The MP cars are like 45$ retail, and not really high end.

Still debating on the Grimlock reissue. It's odd because TFsource posted a picture

That showed Takara Tomy Grimmy's in Hasbro US cartons.

is it an actual takara release? or a hasbro asia issue of the takara release? i have a feeling if you see it at bbts and tfs but not say hlj, amiami, or other jp based etailers than it is a hasbro asia release (much like the recent mp-11 reissue was a hasbro asia release of the takara version as well as the recent hasbro asia takara version mp-10 reissue that included a stand (not in box but separate). i could be wrong but that is my guess

Finally got my Smokescreen out and gave him a quick transformation. Really well done, and I love the paint job.

It feels like the gun hand is a lot more firm on him than even Prowl.

The blue on him really breaks up my autobot shelf too.

Also, no word on the Bumblebee that was suppose to come out around the same time as WJ? Guess he got pushed back.

Edited by Gakken85

On the one hand, I figured this would happen. I think the only reason it didn't with Sideswipe is because of licensing issues with the Volkswagen Group. And I'm kind of glad I waited, because I never thought that Prowl (or any of the MP cars) was worth the cost of the Takara version + import-related costs.

On the other hand, I'm not really convinced he's worth $59.99 at US retail, either. And another TRU exclusive means he'll be in short supply, making it a huge pain to actually find one on, and probably jack cause TRU to jack the price up even more.

On the one hand, I figured this would happen. I think the only reason it didn't with Sideswipe is because of licensing issues with the Volkswagen Group. And I'm kind of glad I waited, because I never thought that Prowl (or any of the MP cars) was worth the cost of the Takara version + import-related costs.

On the other hand, I'm not really convinced he's worth $59.99 at US retail, either. And another TRU exclusive means he'll be in short supply, making it a huge pain to actually find one on, and probably jack cause TRU to jack the price up even more.

see this is why i say for MP car bots...ALWAYS ALWAYS preorder from a jp retailer. NO WAY would i pay the bbts $80-90 price on a mass release MP carbot. And as we see now....Even the hasbro TRU exclusive price is higher. if you preordered from anime export, prowl was ~$52 shipped all the way from japan, even less each if you ordered more than one! its a $45ish dollar toy in japan, so with preorder discounts and cheapest registered shipping it makes sense to import mp cars in my opinion. I do GUESS and this is only a guess based on the price point that the previously amazon exclusive launchers will come with US MP prowl (it better for that price and whatever TRU marks it up to). I also guess that they will change up the deco ever so slightly...hopefully for those waiting for a US version it won't be too bad.

Yeah the HLJ price if you ship smart is cheaper than the TRU cost.

People waiting around for a cheaper price didn't win out here, not to mention the increased risk of bad paint and qa from a larger Hasbro run.

Edited by Gakken85

Bad paint and floppy joints. Hell I bet the Ko's will end up having tighter joints then any Hasbro release.

After Floppy leg Prime, Grimlock, Thundercracker and Soundwave. I'm not intending to miss Takara releases for Hasbro.

Price < Quality

Edited by skullmilitia

It's sad too. The KO's of grimlock have killed the mold. Takara released another version just to try to get some of that cash back and I've seen people's grimlock where the arm just fell off. haha

If you buy KO's you hate Freedom.

Edited by Gakken85