The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Finally got MP Prowl ($60 shipped with the launcher-not too bad!). He's great, really makes the G1 fanboy in me squeal with glee. The only thing I had an issue with is the thick layer of white paint on his head; it's not evenly applied and results in a bump on his forehead. Despite that, it's a wonderful toy and gives me a lot of faith in the upcoming MPs.

At $ 500 or less sure, but $ 800 for a cool (articulated or not) statue - pass.

And on that note, any chances that Hasbro will do another run of the MP-10? Would love to get my hands on one at, or as close to retail as possible.

-b.

Finally got MP Prowl ($60 shipped with the launcher-not too bad!). He's great, really makes the G1 fanboy in me squeal with glee. The only thing I had an issue with is the thick layer of white paint on his head; it's not evenly applied and results in a bump on his forehead. Despite that, it's a wonderful toy and gives me a lot of faith in the upcoming MPs.

I got my copy of MP Prowl too. Instead of having a white paint defect, mine has a black/gray paint defect out of the box. One of the rear tires was missing the top coat of black paint in one section and was showing flecks of gray underneath, or maybe the gray for the wheel wells was applied sloppily and got onto the tire treads. I'm not sure how the paint is applied at the factory.

Anyway, I fixed it with a plack paint marker that I had on hand. I can tell where I applied the fix, but it is practically unnoticable unless I look for it. Otherwise, the toy is great and has a fun transformation. I may haul out my G1 Red Alert and take some photos of the pair together.

MY MP prowl had some of the black paint missing on the door. I'll have to touch it up with a paint marker. I should get MP streak delivered on Monday or Tuesday. Too bad I'll be out of town all week.

Really wanted to get Ultimate Prime, specially since there could always be the possibility of an Ultimate Megatron but that price is automatic nono.

Also, for that price the inner detail should be epic, not just a Gundam knockoff. It is a transformer, the inside should look unique not just pistons everywhere. At least have the two frontal wheels show up inside the chest somehow; showing just back wheels in the back of the leg is not enough.

Also, for that price the inner detail should be epic, not just a Gundam knockoff. It is a transformer, the inside should look unique not just pistons everywhere. At least have the two frontal wheels show up inside the chest somehow; showing just back wheels in the back of the leg is not enough.

Ditto.

The internals seem to make no reference to the fact that he's a Transformer. And what are those leg vents for if the only thing behind him are some pistons?

If it was a new, unique take on Prime, or the internals gimmick had been thought out at all, or if it was way way way cheaper...eh, still probably not though. Never really liked Prime.

Yeah, to justify the price he should actually transform. They'd need to give him the mechanism necessary for transformations. Then they could dress up those mechanisms and make them look super cool and futuristic. Then they could fill in all the empty space with pistons and other mechanical details.

I do all my online toy ordering through AmiAmi and HLJ...neither of which has Ultimetal Prime listed yet....but it is still very early.

Anime Export has it for $886. Ive never done business with them...are they good people do deal with?

I've never had a problem with AE.

Robot Kingdom have it for $799 with a December release date. AE's release date is June... :unsure: Check out those shipping estimates tho. :o

Maybe if they release a black repaint...

...and if i'd have won the lottery till then....

...and I don't even play...

...man, those odds.

I don't get it. How tall is he compared to the SoC Mazinger Z? Does it come with a trailer base, a light up feature, what are the accessories? Does it turn into charcoal when shot with a gun?

Can someone tell me how they justify the price tag?