The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

3P can and will never beat Takara at their own game.

The closest were the iGear seekers. However they really don't count

Because they were not only KO's from the Hasbro molds.

But the design was originally designed by a forum members customs.

I believe the designer of MP-12 had stated he had been working

On designing MP Magnus. So it will probably beautiful!

Also, it's likely they will use runners on the top to add to the legs.

You might be able to put the Autobot boys on the carrier!

Edited by skullmilitia

If someone put up preorders at $400 for an Arcadia YF-19 before the price was announced Arcadia wouldn't use that information for anything... because they don't have any idea how many preorders are selling. They're not going to say "Hey, a few stores think we're going to charge this... so we should!" It works the other way around. Big retailers hear from industry sources pieces of information that they can then use to estimate a price. They'll hear something like "Price isn't final yet but expect it to be higher than Y because few units are being produced." BBTS basically said that with their announcement today. So retailers will get screwed occasionally, especially if they jump out as far ahead as BBTS is, but the other side of that equation is that BBTS may have a very reliable source. We've seen BBTS be wrong a few times so we know they're not setting any prices or dictating production numbers... especially for a company like Takara which I'm sure care 1000x more about domestic stores.

I just can't fathom a decent-looking trailer coming from that. I'm thinking they completely sacrificed alt-mode in favor of bot mode---even more than they did for MP-01.

There might be seams and kibble that were omitted from that art. It's what happened with the MP Rodimus concept image. Couldn't imagine it transforming for the life of me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it'll be the ultimate MP ever. (i am hoping) i was so tempting to get mp-2 but held out thinking after mp-4, ultra magnus' cab is not too far behind. never happened... so i'm excited with this release. i wonder how many cars can fit on the trailer. it's be cool if i can fit smoke, prowl and streak on it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

3P can and will never beat Takara at their own game.

They can if TakaTomy never makes updated combiners, or an Arcee, or updated Shockwave, etc.

I just wonder if MP Magnus will stick with the G1 formula of having a white Prime "core" or none at all. Heh, now this rejected storyboard from the movie can be recreated:

Nevermind, we still don't have a MP Tracks :p.

Edited by Valkyrie Hunter D

If there is money in it.. TT will do it.

I bet money their will be a MP combiner in the next few years.

I'm not a huge Magnus fan... but I think if they do like a VF-1 with armor parts kind of detail and retain articulation.. it will be sweet.

Edited by Gakken85

Begs the question, can Takara get the licensing from the US auto companies without

stepping on Hasbro's territory.

There's only two of the originals that were US models right?

Hound and Tracks.

Also I'll say right now BB won't be super deformed.

I think it will be a VW Bug. The deformed look just doesn't

Work. Besides it was just Diaclone storied by Hasbro that made

BB an SD turd.

If there is money in it.. TT will do it.

I bet money their will be a MP combiner in the next few years.

I'm not a huge Magnus fan... but I think if they do like a VF-1 with armor parts kind of detail and retain articulation.. it will be sweet.

According to some of the insiders, there's already a Swindle and Blast-Off

Mocked up on someone's desk. That if they make a combiner the first one will

be Bruticus.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Rather have Bruticus than Devistator, personally.

Never had him as a kid haha.

i thought he was the best combiner bc they were all military (except blast off, but he looked cool) he was the closest combiner i completed on my own non gift set. but i borrowed vortex from a friend and he ended up giving it to me. but i was missing his weapons. in the show, i thought they made him weak with the turn off switch shooting him in the back and Menasor hitting him with one punch as shown here

but definitely would get him over Devastator.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I agree that the mock up photo looks lazy. The fists are not articulated. The feet don't have ankle tilts. And there are so many gaps in the chest area. I also don't like how primes legs are backwards and I can see the screws and such. They better polish this up before they show any more protos.

I agree that the mock up photo looks lazy. The fists are not articulated. The feet don't have ankle tilts. And there are so many gaps in the chest area. I also don't like how primes legs are backwards and I can see the screws and such. They better polish this up before they show any more protos.

just an FYI, that image has been around since before MP-10 came out. It's something the lead MP series designer cobbled together while working on MP-10 proper.

thats a shame. if this news is correct, its going to be at least 15 months before those of us who want MP Jazz can get our hands on him....that is if Jazz is even in the works.

I would much rather see takara focus on and crank out all the season 1 autobot cars and afterwards turn their attention to season 2 characters, TFTM...etc.

If someone put up preorders at $400 for an Arcadia YF-19 before the price was announced Arcadia wouldn't use that information for anything... because they don't have any idea how many preorders are selling. They're not going to say "Hey, a few stores think we're going to charge this... so we should!" It works the other way around. Big retailers hear from industry sources pieces of information that they can then use to estimate a price. They'll hear something like "Price isn't final yet but expect it to be higher than Y because few units are being produced." BBTS basically said that with their announcement today. So retailers will get screwed occasionally, especially if they jump out as far ahead as BBTS is, but the other side of that equation is that BBTS may have a very reliable source. We've seen BBTS be wrong a few times so we know they're not setting any prices or dictating production numbers... especially for a company like Takara which I'm sure care 1000x more about domestic stores.

There isn't one giant distributor for macross like BBTS and TFsource... so the idea that they COULD set an inflated price isn't possible. In this instance the PO would be up before there is even an allocation amount from the distributor... so of course nobody knows how many will be sold. Also the market for TF vs Macross is apples and oranges. TF's are 10x larger in scale and popularity. From what I've been told Takara isn't giving out any price information, they can't. It's too early. BBTS is just pulling crap out of their ass and affecting the market. They know that Prime and Grimlock sell for around $300 on ebay, so they think they should get Ebay prices too. BBTS isn't really getting screwed because people are lazy and will PO this early for no good reason. It's like how christmas advertising slowly appears sooner and sooner each year.

Point is, these will sell regardless.. Macross probably won't if the price is too inflated. A lot of people are talking about passing on the YF-19 at it's current price. Imagine if the largest retails of Macross... there isn't one.. but if the largest one added $60 on top of retail it would take forever to sell. If Arcadia doesn't sell well out of the gate they lose a lot of money. Takara is going to make all their money back and then some. BBTS is just price gouging by about $60-70 dollars on top of their profit.

That doesn't look right..? What's the source? :unsure:

That's just some mock-up some guy posted on his blog and everybody is using it. It has nothing to do with anything.

Again, we don't even have pictures of Wheeljack yet.. and he is suppose to come out months before UM. I'll bet they don't even have a fully functional prototype yet.

Edited by Gakken85

That's just some mock-up some guy posted on his blog and everybody is using it. It has nothing to do with anything.

Again, we don't even have pictures of Wheeljack yet.. and he is suppose to come out months before UM. I'll bet they don't even have a fully functional prototype yet.

Okay, cos that's exactly what it looks like.

thats a shame. if this news is correct, its going to be at least 15 months before those of us who want MP Jazz can get our hands on him....that is if Jazz is even in the works.

I would much rather see takara focus on and crank out all the season 1 autobot cars and afterwards turn their attention to season 2 characters, TFTM...etc.

They've said they are going to do 2 "big" MP's a year and still churn out the "Smaller" releases like wheeljack. Jazz will probably be out late summer.

Sorry Gakken, that still sounds like a tiny shop with sour grapes more than economic reality there... regardless of the comparative market size of TF vs Macross. In order for the theory that BBTS can set a price with a guess at preorder prices ignores that there would need to be an oligopoly and that Takara could care less what international vendors think a toy should sell for. It ain't happening.

Good news... just don't preorder until closer to release date and by then actual information will be flowing.

EDIT - We can actually get to the bottom of this. Lunar priced almost identical to everyone else. Ask him if that's because he did a huge mark-up to match everyone or if that's because that's what the fair price actually was. If that's what the fair price actually was then we know the early preorder companies didn't mess anything up.

Edited by jenius

Guys, Manufacturers set prices well in advance of marketing to distributors.

BBTS/TFsource/RK is not a direct buyer from Takara and has zero influence over releases.

They are given the cost for a freight forwarder to squire the goods, and shipping.

Let me make this crystal clear. When you see the Pre-Order for any item.

It means the Manufacturer, in this case Takara has already set a finished price.

That prices is MSRP. They then tell the distributors this is the MSRP price, this is your price,

And this is map price.

After that is done. The Distributors open up preorders to their customers,

Which include retail shops, direct to consumer, wholesaler's and freight forwarders.

END Japan domestic market-

Frieght Forwarders / wholesaler's offer product to outside markets

Enter BBTS, TFSource, Robot Kingdom.

So you see, there is zero influence by outside markets on product pricing.

If your in doubt, this is also my personal job.

My company, though a different product is the manufacturer.

All pricing is set in stone before ever offering product to distributors.

Eh, I'm done talking about it. I'm not sure how to explain it in any simpler terms.. and I'm not really sure where the desire to white knight for a company that charges too much comes from. No price has been set.. from anybody. Distributors/wholesalers.. whatever. Any price at this point is make believe. When you set an expectation $60-80 dollars above retail ay year out, you're gouging. Simple as that. And yes, it does affect what smaller stores who can offer better prices can and can't pay.

And it's not about me... just a general discussion. I'm not going to get it from BBTS anyway. Everybody is free to get whatever they want wherever they want. haha.

Also, this video is awesome:

If somebody can KO ratbat they will make a crap ton of money, that's for sure.