The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Nah this stuff isn't that expensive. It's a value proposition. Hasbro releases have really been what they're worth and have been pretty good. The limited nature has made some of these cost more than they should, which shows room for at least another domestic release (aka Grimlock going for 4-5x retail on the secondary market only a few years after release) while overestimating the 3rd/4th reissue in less popular colors of others (Skywarp, Thundercracker).

Importing brings costs of it's own, most notably the horrible exchange rate and relative value of the USD.

That's rather elitist of you. Don't be fooled into thinking you can praise asinine behavior like paying a 300$ mark up on a MP grimlock, but say it's wrong to under pay by 12$ on a KO of the Sideswipe mold.

Hasbro Asia is laughing all the way to the bank thanks to the elitist fools running around on the TF boards praising paying a huge mark up

on what essentially is a 60$ mold. When it comes to these discussions it should always end with do with your money as you want.

However don't say one side is wrong, when the other isn't. The KO companies are taking advantage of a market Takara didn't.

Hasbro Asia is taking advantage of a market Takara didn't.

only difference is, one is raping wallets, the other is helping. It's just capitalism at it's finest.

So much of this doesn't make sense.... I wonder sometimes where you get your numbers from...or your opinions.

Just because TRU's Grimlock retailed for $65 dollars three years ago doesn't mean: A. that's what he is worth now, and B. that you'll ever find one for that price in the real world. So it's pointless to mention other than to recognize that the price has inflated over the years.

I'd love to see you find any MP Grimlock MP for $60 bucks. Jesus fookin christ, the FOC grimlock costs $60 bucks to import ($35 bucks+20 shipping)... hahaha. I'm amazed that collectors think that if they missed and item as MSRP years ago, it's horrifying to have to pay the current going rate.

It wasn't a $300 dollar mark-up. That's asinine to suggest. The retailers that got the AE grimlock at the convention had to pay close to $200 dollars. Lunar sold his for $250-270. The rest went up on ebay with a $100 dollar mark-up, which isn't strange or out of the ordinary of ebay, especially considering they charge sellers 15% percent fees. Grimlock is a $300 dollar toy now. (08x being a $800-$1000 toy) Trying to attack people because they could afford to buy one, and also deride them because the Hasbro version was $60 dollars 3 years ago is a waste of every ones time.

The other factor is that more people collect MP's now, so the demand is even higher.

Its also asinine to not be able understand the difference in paying $50 bucks to a KO outfit rather than paying money to Takara to support their business. If you're "too good" to pay for the real deal because it has no value for you, why do you even collect them? If you're that hard up that you can't spend $30-40 more bucks to buy an official licensed product, then it is what it is. Some people are excited for new releases and don't mind paying a reasonable price, and some people can't wait to complain about anything.

Prices only go up.... Til they come crashing down with the next improved version or reissue.

Well that's up to you to keep up with the cycles if you're trying to make a profit or something. But still - even the older MP's still hold their value. You can get what you put into them. MP-01 still sells for $100-130. Transformers never really lose value, because it's such a huge market. I got exactly what I put into my Generations starscream and it's just a loose chug.

But my point is the cost of production and the MSRP's will just keep going up, not that their aftermarket value will always continue to go up. These things always go in peaks and valleys.

I think the black sneaker feet sold me on that SoundBlaster. I'm a sucker for black sneakers B))

You could paint a small white circle on his ankle and give him chucks :D.

Chucks1.jpg

Also, new pics of Bluestreak and Prowl!

bluestreak-5_1379513503.jpg

prowl-5_1379513503.jpg

Maybe if you guys wait six months you can find a KO version and save $20 or 30 bucks and really stick it to the man!!!!! :rolleyes::DB))

New images of Prowl and Bluestreak! Those are old images that they compile together and re-release it again now. If you look at Prowl, it still says "Highway Patrorol" instead of Highway Patrol.

CoryHolmes: It's nice that you scored a MP-10, I found my booklet in the back of Prime. Your box, they guy might have resealed it and forgot to include the booklet.

MP-10 is notorious for "hard to find" instructions. There are layers and layers of carboard inside, mostly decorative. Have you completely opened every single flap, undone every piece of tape, and taken apart every little cardboard insert inside? Simply opening it "enough to slide out the toy" isn't enough. I think mine was inbetween a grey piece of cardboard, and a white box of carboard--which were both behind the colored "background display" piece of carboard.

Gakken- I hope you realize it's just discussion, I'm not actually targeting you.

More of the guys I used to argue with on the TF boards.

I pay for Tak stuff, if it's worth it. MP-12 was worth 50$ ( what bought it for )

But not 160$ ( at the frenzy ). Honestly I don't think it's worth 80$.

HLJ now shows 9/26 for Prowl!

Could it be finally?

I think I'm warming up to FJ Prime. (The non-RC one, mind you) I like the sculpt, but if TakaTomy is gonna sell it as Prime, they could've at least made it in red and blue. Alternity Prime was in red, why not have the same thing for this FJ? I could easily see it as being some other rugged Autobot though, Roadbuster perhaps?

YES, come to papa!

Prowl is one of my all-time favorite toy and I still love the G1 toy. I love the shoulder cannon on the G1 toy and I was hopping the MP would have the same design.

Man I wish TakTom would do an MP Galvatron, always wanted a Galvatron, but the G1 toy didn't do justice for me. MP Ultra Magnus with trailer/full body armored would be my second wish.

I see lots of customization needed for MP Prowl. Can't wait for Dr. Wu to release the shoulder missile launchers. I can't believe Amazon Jap Exclusive only comes with one shoulder launcher, what where they thinking .

Not a big fan of Wheeljack or BB, but will get one each just to complete the collection. Unless after seeing the images, I might.... :rolleyes:

Edited by Valkyrie2008

Yeah there was interview somewhere stating they had gotten the rights for Bumblebee and Jazz through a apparent

Long time TF fan that's been hired recently for PR.

They also said the sponsors of the Wheeljack body and Sunstreaker apparently

We're found and Tak given the thumbs up to go whatever as the design rights are long

Gone.

I don't think they can make a "Good" Ultra Magnus.

His trailer is great for a cartoon, but lacks real car ramps.

I never liked the g1 trailer as a kid, and not since.

It needs to be useable and practical enough to warrant it.

Personally after WJ and Sunstreaker I'm hoping we get a

Build by figure combiner MP. Designer said Bruticus would be first.

The idea would be to release a new figure every 3 months until the combiner is complete.

I'd be down!

SCORE!

Walking through TRU looking for a b-day present for my neice, happened to wander over to the Tf section. Tons of Acid Storms on the shelf, but when I looked in back there was a lone Soundwave. Wife is super PO'd right now, but she'll get over it. Thought'd I'd never get one at retail.

AWESOME!

It's all good. She'll just be expecting a great x'mas gift in return. :D

Yeah there was interview somewhere stating they had gotten the rights for Bumblebee and Jazz through a apparent

Long time TF fan that's been hired recently for PR.

They also said the sponsors of the Wheeljack body and Sunstreaker apparently

We're found and Tak given the thumbs up to go whatever as the design rights are long

Gone.

I don't think they can make a "Good" Ultra Magnus.

His trailer is great for a cartoon, but lacks real car ramps.

I never liked the g1 trailer as a kid, and not since.

It needs to be useable and practical enough to warrant it.

Personally after WJ and Sunstreaker I'm hoping we get a

Build by figure combiner MP. Designer said Bruticus would be first.

The idea would be to release a new figure every 3 months until the combiner is complete.

I'd be down!

Menasor and Bruticus are the only 2 combiners I have any interest in. I'd be all over those, I almost broke down and bought the 3rd party not-Menasor, but thats a road I dont need to start down .

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mirage was my first and only G1 toy as a kid.

you must've had strict parents... jk,

i only kid bc my father was very strict and cut off the tv in the house. i only got transformers 2x a year. one for my b day and once for Christmas so i had to make it count.

so my deprived childhood is showing up w these mp toys

just curious why no more than one g1?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

My parents didn't approve of kids owning toys, but one year my mom allowed me ONE TOY from the Sears catalog for X-mas; G1 Thundercracker was the greatest part of my childhood...

My parents didn't approve of kids owning toys, but one year my mom allowed me ONE TOY from the Sears catalog for X-mas; G1 Thundercracker was the greatest part of my childhood...

It was the best-looking G1 toy period, IMHO. Still my all-time fave. You got a good one. :)

Guest davidwhangchoi

during the rest of the year i could afford small pieces of the combiners, so i saved my lunch money and brought swindle, blastoff and brawl. Onslaught, i had to get a parent to buy it. i never brought vortex i couldn't save enough... i had to borrow him from a friend...

so if a MP Combiners of the Combaticons come out i'm going to make sure to buy vortex to make up for my past...

Hasui: We hope to release 2 larger and 2 smaller MPs this year as well. There are some characters already named as possibilities, but my personal favourites are Meister (Jazz) and combiner Bruticus. I recall saying the same thing 2 years ago at a toy show. (*laughs) I do want to make them come true, but it is hard to accomplish.... Although I am working with the intention of releasing all characters eventually.

- Now that Soundwave is out, how about Laserwave (Shockwave)?

Hasui: To be honest, what I'd love to release most is Ultra Magnus