The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Guest davidwhangchoi

congrats on getting one, now you don't have to feel so rotten for the weekend:) good story

got an e-mail from TRU that my second one just shipped w/ tracking. (order was from yesterday)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Not sure how much time y'all are willing to spend on this hunt, but here's some intel for those still looking for the Hasbro MP Soundwave.

Over the last 3 days it is coming in very limited stock in between 2:00 and 3:30pm EST.
I narrowed down the time based on reports at TFW2005 and Seibertron..
I missed it for a couple of days because of work, but Today I was prepared.
You can use a free Chrome extention called Easy Auto Refresh... It automatically refreshes a browser window for you so you don't have to keep pressing f5 or opening a link. I set mine it to refresh every 10 seconds and went about my day at work keeping the browser window visible on the corner one of my monitors.
As soon as you see the bright pink ADD TO CARD button you are literally running against clock. Stock seem to be very very limited, so I recommend you use Chrome autofill tools to autocomplete as much stuff as you can. I had my credit card info on an open notepad, so I could easily just copy and paste the info.
TRU checkout is long and messy, goes for about 4 pages, but with autocomplete and notes took me 23 seconds. I recommend practice first with another item so you can get used to.
This strategy worked for at least two other folks @ TFW2005. Hope it helps and good luck finding the guy!

Well it's starting to show up for $180 shipped on eBay so people are definitely getting them. With today's long window and more being in actual stores over the last few days, I suspect we'll see it at $150 shipped. At that point I might just go the eBay route if I haven't grabbed one at a store.

Which store did you grab it at? Were you there right when it opened? I'm trying to get a game plan on hunting the local stores.

My coworker has family that works at the San Leandro TRU. He said he can get me one which includes the employee discount.

Lucky me.

My coworker has family that works at the San Leandro TRU. He said he can get me one which includes the employee discount.

Lucky me.

Networking... I should go hunting down TRU employees on LinkedIn!

They've been in the bay area but they sold out everywhere same day. More are en route though. I'm hoping each store gets more than 2 or 4 this time.

A lot of MP10s on ebay for $150 shipped right now... since some were saying it was hard to come by earlier.

A lot of MP10s on ebay for $150 shipped right now... since some were saying it was hard to come by earlier.

Link?

I see one for $140+ shipping and the guy ripped out all the tapes.

All the rest I see are $180 with and without shipping.

I know it cost closer to $140 in the store with tax. Online is def. the cheaper option.

Edited by Gakken85

Well, I got my Soundwave from my buddy tonight. The gold paint around his chest-hole is much less yellow and much more gold than in promo shots of him. He's my second-favorite Masterpiece, behind MP-01. I think bot mode is just as good, but details like the side-view mirrors on Prime's truck mode vs. the big, obvious gaps on the back of Soundwave's alt mode make Prime the favorite.

Soundwave himself is mostly all good. His hip joints are a little too tight, and his index fingers pop off with the gentlest of force, but I can't complain too much. My Ravage, Rumble, and Frenzy seem fine, too. I'm constantly terrified I'm going to accidentally pop off the fins on Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw, though, and I find it impossible to get their heads out of cassette mode without the aid of a tool. One of Lazerbeak's feet is really, really loose, too.

I'm constantly terrified I'm going to accidentally pop off the fins on Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw, though, and I find it impossible to get their heads out of cassette mode without the aid of a tool. One of Lazerbeak's feet is really, really loose, too.

Look at the black square that's supposed to be the tape window in cassette mode. There's a little cut out through which you can push on the top of the head.

Look at the black square that's supposed to be the tape window in cassette mode. There's a little cut out through which you can push on the top of the head.

Oooooooooh...

earlier tonite from tarjey...

I'm glad to see those guys are finally showing up. Not sure about Orion Pax, as that particular look is like a one-off in the IDW-verse, and I'm not really a fan. I kind of want Trailcutter, though, because he was pretty cool in the More than Meets the Eye series (although he's kind of been a non-player lately). I'm more interested in Bumblebee, to have a Classics version visually distinct from Cliffjumper (although I may just wait for the Goldbug repaint), and Megatron, because I dug that look in the comic book.

Yeah.

Megs and Bee were pretty meh to me so I passed on them. OP and TC were kinda ok, so I got 'em.

I was actually looking for the new Kreon-combiner Defensor, but that was the second tarjey I went this week that didn't have any kreo at all. I got my wave-2 kreons from them a couple of months ago or so.

Lots of newer predakrap stuff, tho.

Edited by treatment

Saw a guy on the TF forums post pics of broken buzzsaw wings. Seems to be that their QC is a bit spotty.

Dude, dafuq?

We've read reports of broken Laserbeaks and scarfaced FRumbles when TT-SW came out.

Let it go already. It's tiresome and annoying and unwanted. Blog it somewhere else other than here and TFW.

Not sure what you're talking about.
The only thing we should let go of are bronies haha. What's tiresome is when people get butthurt over listing toy defects because their piece of mind is tied up into it.

Anyway, you might want to check your feet too.

JsLKbxxl.jpg

9hyJFYol.jpg

Looks like the connector on the feet are different sizes.

Anyway, here is a whole thread:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/948234-hasbro-mp-soundwave-qc-issues.html

Treatment likes to troll but whatever.

Edited by Gakken85

Well, there are already 4 Lamborghini releases in almost one year! haha. I have a feeling they will milk the rights into the ground.

I'm sure they know fans want it, but it would take a little re-tooling. I bet we'll see one next year.

Edited by Gakken85

A little retooling? Completely new mold from the ground up. You can't even make a VF-19F from a YF-19, and they have very similar robot modes and transformations. Sunstreaker has the hood for his FEET.

Anyways----Sideswipe has repaints/remolds---Red Alert, G2, and even retro-canon Tigertrack.

But Sunstreaker? Absolutely no official variants AFAIK. Even Red would be a non-TF, like Shackwave.

I agree. Plus those ribbed arms. That's probably why it will take awhile. They can release other variants without retooling and makes as much as they can off the lambo body frame.

I'm down though.

But Sunstreaker? Absolutely no official variants AFAIK. Even Red would be a non-TF, like Shackwave.

Before there were Transformers there was Diaclone. Some of the E-Hobby Exclusive Autobots were based off of Diaclone paintschemes (Tigertrack, Deep Cover, Clampdown, Black Protect Ironhide, Screech).

The Diaclone Countach LP500S was released in a Red and Police paintscheme. All it would take is for Hastak to make up new characters to legitimize them.

diaclone-car-robot-assortment.png

Before there were Transformers there was Diaclone. Some of the E-Hobby Exclusive Autobots were based off of Diaclone paintschemes (Tigertrack, Deep Cover, Clampdown, Black Protect Ironhide, Screech).

The Diaclone Countach LP500S was released in a Red and Police paintscheme. All it would take is for Hastak to make up new characters to legitimize them.

diaclone-car-robot-assortment.png

Haha, I love your signature man!