The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

why are preorders back open? i thought tru hasn't even fulfilled the original preorders that were made in late september.

Again, TRU doesn't know their head from their asses even when that said head is up their ass.

As of Monday all preorders for the time being are being fullfilled and even allowing people to order now. Which irks me a tad cause I spent 165 on Optimus after all the reports were saying "NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! NOPE! OUT OF PRODUCTION!". There's even a store locator now for it, but no where in my area shows it's in stock. Either way I got it coming so I'm done griping, but I do suggest Hasbro and TRU get their acts together.

My wife and I went out to dinner with my parents, and they asked if we could stop at Target. I wasn't expecting anything, but they actually had Prime Ultra Magnus and Thundertron. I passed on Thundertron for now... the figure looks decent enough, but I don't have any attachment to the character.

I did pick up Ultra Magnus, as there was a certain novelty in buying one that isn't a repaint of Prime (or a Leader class).

I can say that I dig the head sculpt and colors. The hammer is a nice Animated homage, and I wish he had came with two guns so I could peg them onto his shoulders. There's really nothing else about him that screams "Ultra Magnus," and in fact, there's elements of him that actually remind me a tad of DotM Sentinel Prime.

Posability is ok. He's waist turns and he's got ball-joints for hips, but some truck kibble on his back hampers him a bit. His shoulders are on ball joints too, but they're a little loose, which screws with his ability to hold his hammer. I guess he's kind of so-so, but since Target is still selling voyagers for $20, I'm not going to complain too much.

I got an awesome package today, my Prime First edition reissue's from BBTS arrived. including my arms micron deluxe Megatron and the GDO Cliffjumper I picked up last week, I've now got every FE mold except bumblebee and deluxe two-pack prime.

all and all, I'm impressed. I've actually liked all the PRID toys I've picked up so far, but these definitely feel more substantial and have far more complex transformations. retrospectively, I don't think any of these where worth the ridiculous scalper prices they where going for earlier this year; they're good toys but not $50+ for a deluxe good at all.

Oddly enough, Now that I've got FE bulkhead, I really want to grab a powerizer bulkhead to go with it. I've got a I've got prid versions of every other FE character and I find it fun to be able to compare both version, see how the engineering is different and just have alternate versions of all the characters.

I got my first taste of the first editions yesterday too. They are surprisingly good toys. I also bought the toon accurate custom blasters from Dr Wu and they really complete my Optimus Prime. I got an RID Megatron so Optimus could have someone to play with. While not as good as a FE toy, it'll do for now until Has/Tak ever makes a better voyager Megatron. Overall I'm very satisfied with the FE Prime toys, unlike that piece of junk MP Sideswipe/Lambor that I also got.

Wow...Takara having bad QC for the MP figures?

BTW US MP-10 shipped and arriving 11/13.

I was starting to get nervous, since I never even received an order confirmation. Then I hear a truck, and I figure it's the mailman. I go outside to get the mail, and there's a big UPS box on my front step. Inside is my MP-10. Good times. Now I have to give it to my wife so she can wrap it and give it to me for the holidays. :(

What? Blasphemy! Just ask your wife for an advance on your holiday goodies! Waiting two months is too long to handle MP 10. That toy just rocks.

You know, when I saw pictures online, I wasn't convinced for the need of a new MP Prime. But seeing him in the box in person, he just blows MP-1 away. He's simultaneously more detailed in some areas and less in others, and the result is so much more dynamic.

How about, with MP-10, instead of Takara re-releasing it as regular Optimus Prime, battle-damaged Optimus Prime, clear Optimus Prime, Nemesis Prime, dead Optimus Prime, and Paint-him-white-and-call-him-Ultra-Magnus Optimus Prime, I'm kind of hoping for an MP-10p... Pepsi Optimus Prime.

Got my MP Prime today. Protip: Do not attempt to screw the infamous windshield screws in futher to make them flush to avoid scratching the bumper--you'll end up with stress marks on the front of the chest. I actually ended up filing mine down. (I suspect simply removing them and gluing the parts would be sufficient, as many people report it's ok with the screws simply removed---but I wouldn't trust that alone due to the amount of stress those parts are under---but gluing clear plastic near visible areas is always iffy)

But yes, most definitely inspect the windshield screws before you EVER close the chest halves up. Even once can f*** up the bumper.

Picked up Prime Arcee and FoC Jazz at TRU last night. Arcee is a decent figure, nice transformation. Jazz is a nice toy, if it came in a McDonalds Happy Meal box. Seriously, I was insulted I paid $15 for it.