Dunno if I wanna even bother with DLCs... Sheperd's dead at the end anyway, everything's blown up - just makes you feel like "why bother".

Yup, still bitter.

LOL

Technically speaking, I believe Shepard only dies in the synthesis ending. His mind is aware in control, and he is physically alive in destroy.

Personally, my Shepard is alive.

Bitter comment incoming:

My Shepard died the moment I put the game in. The importer totally borked him and the "fix" did nothing. I held out hope for Bioware's fix and by then it was too late to return it. For I series I enjoyed so much, I didn't even get past character import on 3. I've basically washed my hands of Bioware and EA at this point.

Bitter comment incoming:

My Shepard died the moment I put the game in. The importer totally borked him and the "fix" did nothing. I held out hope for Bioware's fix and by then it was too late to return it. For I series I enjoyed so much, I didn't even get past character import on 3. I've basically washed my hands of Bioware and EA at this point.

Cut off your nose to spite your face...

Eh, when you characters face doesn't import right AND several decisions didn't carry over either. Wrex being dead for example despite my saving him and talking to him on Tunchanka in 2 and also having crew members dead when I had dedicated so much time to save them all.

It was just a sloppy effort for a keystone feature. And while I waited for the importer fixes, the endings basically got spoiled despite my attempts to avoid any. Finding out everything boiled down to A.B or C regardless just put me off the whole experience. ME3 wasn't myonly reason for not buying Bioware anymore, it was just the final reason.

I realize my importer issue is fairly uncommon, but it left an extremely sour taste in my mouth from the moment I put the disc in.

My Shep(s) have never imported correctly face-wise (ME2 and ME3), though plot stuff seems correct. I'm just fortunate enough to have written down exactly what positions each slider was on in the first one, so I can re-do it exactly every time.

Finding out everything boiled down to A.B or C regardless just put me off the whole experience.

I have to admit, on reflection that's a very valid point. I was hoping for some widly different endings depending on the choices I made. Humanity standing alone against the Reapers or with a combined fleet to meet them head-on? Would humanity be the sole inhereters of the wasteland that was the galaxy after the war or what? How would giving Cerberus the Collector Base in 2 affect 3? Would I be working with Cerberus in one playthrough and against them in another?

I think the thing that annoyed me the most is how many of my decisions in 2 seemed to be reset to default in 3. "Cerberus are the baddies, check. Geth are the baddies, check. Rachni are the baddies, check." Amusingly enough, the Extended Cut DLC really addressed all my issues with the stock endings, but now that I think about it the basis for the game itself isn't quite what I was hoping for.

That being said, ME 1-3 is the most satisfying gaming experience I've ever had. Minor nitpicks aside, and they are minor ones, I still believe that the universe Bioware created is far superior to any other fictional universe in any medium, save for Star Wars :)

I have to admit, on reflection that's a very valid point. I was hoping for some widly different endings depending on the choices I made. Humanity standing alone against the Reapers or with a combined fleet to meet them head-on? Would humanity be the sole inhereters of the wasteland that was the galaxy after the war or what? How would giving Cerberus the Collector Base in 2 affect 3? Would I be working with Cerberus in one playthrough and against them in another?

I think, to be fair to the writing team, the decision we individually made in ME2 did make a difference -- if you chose to make your squad loyal in ME2, a lot of the cameo that the squad makes in ME3 will come out different. Important ME2 plot points did make a difference for ME3, such as the Collector Base -- it does change the "default ending", if you chose to go back to Earth with very low military backing.

The problem is twofold -- one, lazy (or rushed) writing to some degree, no excuses there -- and two, that from Shepard's perspective, s/he will never see the differences the choices made. Partly because the writing team made the differences very minor (

"Oh, if you made XXX loyal s/he lives but won't be your squadmate.", "oh, don't worry about saving or shooting the Rachini, the difference will be which queen you talk to", "Oh, don't worry about the Geth, regardless whether they are friendly or not, they'll still be shooting you, except the story might get a bit easier with Legion around and if you made Tali and Legion "friends"".

), and partly because

Shepard really doesn't live to see the consequences

So what if Shepard doesn't get the Salarian fleet support? (I didn't, still went in and kicked butt.) What happens if Aria never got the mercs together? What happens if the Krogan didn't get what they wanted? The difference in choice boils down to a number (military strength) and there's nothing emotional to bond the player to the game. I really don't have any interest to replay the game just to see a blip in the number...

Idling thoughts on how I'd have wrote ME3 (tired at work and trying not to fall asleep). Spoilers ahoy.

• Focus of the game is on delaying/ denying Reapers, not the Human Civil War.
  • Player should get the choice of what races s/he can recruit, not locked into the "We must have Turians, Turians must have Krogan, so we must have Turians and Krogans" route.
  • The use of Effective Military Strength is ok, but the story should allow Shepard to liberate Earth once the minimum EMS is met, not locked into the Turian-Krogan-Asari-Quarian path. (Right now I have such a high N7 Squad EMS that I can, once I get off Mars, start the Earth liberation immediately... except I have to go the TKAQ path...)
  • Recruiting certain races should have Paragon/ Renegade requirements and add more towards Paragon or Renegade. For example, recruiting Aria T'loak's mercenaries should raise more Renegade points, as it is more along the "ruthless" path a Renegade Shepard would take.
  • Decisions regarding ME2 squad mates should come into play during racial recruitment;
    • If Tali and Legion are ok with each other, it makes a Quarian-Geth alliance more possible; otherwise, Quarian and Geth is probably exclusive.
    • If Miranda and/ or Jacob survived, they should be able to reduce the effectiveness of Cerberus, and possibly convince Ex-Cerberus to join up as military assets for Shepard.
    • Garrus already serves as a bridge into the Turian military, so he works.
    • So does Wrex for the Krogan, if he survived. Mordin Solus however, plays a major role here and should stay. Grunt can play a bigger role for the Krogan though.
    • Jack doesn't have much hooks into big military, so her current existing role in the Academy works quite well.
    • Samara can play a bigger/ more visible role with the Asari. The Asari government might not want to get involved with Shepard, but the Asari Justicars are a different kettle of fish...
    • Legion current plays a somewhat "central" role (haha).. to be honest could be better written.

[*]Use of the MacGuffin (Crucible) is probably necessary since militarily, it's going to be very unconvincing for the Citadel and non-Citadel races to be able to go toe-to-toe with the entire Reaper armada.

[*]Start of game is ok as is. A bit over-dramatic so might tone down a bit. The Mars arc serves as a good intro to the MacGuffin, so should stay.

[*]The whole Cerberus arc should be toned down. While it is perhaps inevitable that TIM will be indoctrinated, it may be better to run with the Omega storyline rather than make Cerberus the central bogeyman.

• Aria T'loak get dethroned from Omega, goes to Citadel to seek support to retake Omega. Shepard has a choice -- trust Aria and help her take back Omega (and the Cerberus base beyond the Omega-4 Relay) and in exchange get access to the mercenary fleet, or take Omega (and the Cerberus base) for the Alliance as a base and earn Aria's emity.
      • If Aria is denied Omega, a possible consequence is mercenary interference on certain missions further down the road. This can hinge on Zaeed's survival/ loyalty too.

[*]The whole Sanctuary arc can be relegated to a sub-plot, since it doesn't actually materially adds much to the Reaper invasion story. It can be a good plot point to drive Cerberus fully into co-opting with the Reapers though, and can lead up to the Cerberus attempt to take the Citadel for the Reapers. Thane Krios can again be called to make the ultimate sacrifice here.

[*]The Turian arc is a bit meh, but workable. At least that has a major Reaper footprint...

• Potential is there for a Volus or Elcor interaction rather than a Normandy scan mission. A Volus/ Elcor representative that throws in support based on Shepard's Renegade or Paragon actions.

[*]The Krogan story arc is well written and IMO should stay. Depending on the route you take on the recruitment, the Krogan can turn out to be a Paragon or Renegade choice, and the attitude you take should pass on to the relations that the Krogan has with other races.

[*]The Rachini double cross is a nice plot twist that should have a greater impact. Even if Shepard might not be on hand to deal with it, we should see a cut scene rather than read about it in the War Room... if you ever read it at all!

[*]The Quarian/ Geth war is.. debatable, especially since it started about or after the Reaper invasion. If kept, I would prefer to have a Quarian Civil War soon into the Quarian attack as the "peace" faction and the "war" faction falls apart, with a mad Admiral Xen leading a splinter sect to ally with the diminished Geth. The Quarian-Geth arc can then be remade into a quest to reunite the Quarian and to find a solution (peace or genocide) with the Geth -- possibly as a small-scale test with the Crucible.

• Reuniting the Quarian can result in Tali becoming a major leader of the Quarian. "Installing" Tali can result in increased Quarian involvement with the Earth Liberation.. but logically that would mean the loss of Tali as a squadmate.
    • Recruitment of Geth would obviously drive the EMS up heavily, but the loss of Geth should have expanded consequences; perhaps the effort and casualties taken would diminish Quarian involvement, or if bungled badly, force the Quarian off the galatic stage in a pyrric victory.

[*]There should be a Batarian arc, to drive home the threat of the Reapers. A side mission to the Batarian homeworld to retrieve technology and/ or survivors to drive home the "evils" of what the Reapers are doing. This is to reinforce to the player what is at stake on Earth and in the Galaxy.

[*]There should be a expanded Salarian arc. Possibly one where Salarian interests in keeping the Krogan off the galatic stage ends up triggering a Krogan-Salarian war that requires Shepard to intervene, particularly if Shepard recruits the Krogan and the Salarian tries to reintroduce the Genophage.

• Since Mordin would likely die on Tuchanka, there is little "hooks" for Shepard to manipulate the Salarian government. As such, Shepard can be largely powerless to stop the infighting -- unless Shepard can convince the dalatrass or remove her. This could result in either a change of Salarian Government, Krogan occupation of Sur'kesh, or a protracted shadow war between Salarian STG and Krogan military that saps the EMS.

[*]The Asari arc is workable; the search for knowledge to complete the Crucible can work. However the Reaper assualt on Thessia should be ramped up; while a Cerberus interception of the prize might be workable, it feels more correct for a Reaper assault to come close to destroying the information, for which a companion might sacrifice his/ her life to get the information for Shepard. This is to drive home how critical the information is; possibly, this can be Samara if she survived ME2.

• In addition, the Reaper invasion of Illum can become a mission by itself, as Shepard fights to gain information from somewhere in the planet. As Illum was a major location in ME2, it serves as a link for players to look back on.

[*]The Reapers, acting on information gleaned from Thessia, attacks the Citadel, possibly with involvement from Cerberus. Thane Krios, Udina, Bailey and Jalenie will probably die here, delaying the attackers long enough for Shepard's team to get off the Citadel. It should be a bloodbath, to remind the player that the Reapers don't play fair, and Cerberus isn't a friend.

[*]The final Earth Liberation assault is workable (though I'd prefer to rework the colour palette.. blue is quite terrible to game in). However, I'd prefer to have a major Cerberus prescence, acting probably as Reaper collaborators. A push towards the beam, then a heavy fight through the Citadel until the player confronts TIM.

• After the major fight, leaving Shepard mostly shredded, it falls upon Shepard to fire the Crucible. Same choices, mostly, but without that annoying Starchild to make the noises. Or set it up so that the amount of Renegade or Paragon scores to that point makes the decision -- the ending depends on the consistency of the player's action in the whole game, rather than a last decision point. Shepard then dies, leaving the ME world to move on without a super-overpowered god/dess.
    • After which, some closures:
      • The outcome of the Salarian-Krogan war -- Shepard's choices would make some difference. Key would be how massive the Krogan armies would become, and how devastated the Salarians would be. A possible Krogan occupation of Sur'kesh has a lot of implication for future Mass Effect games.
      • The end for the Rachini -- the post-war years would likely allow the Rachini to survive a bit, but no sane Citadel race would let them survive that long... if they can muster the armed forces to go after the Rachini
      • Aria T'loak and her mercenary army. Depending on choices made, Aria could become the next heroine or villianess. Whatever happens, she would likely be assassinated (possibly by the Alliance) and Omega falls into a vicious devolution that eventually falls apart. The legend of Aria T'loak however, will live on, as would the Human Spectre who helped/ denied her the Omega Throne.
      • The Asari homeworld is probably devastated and the Asari too scattered to remain a major power. How they fare would depends on what choices Shepard makes during the last days of Thessia -- for example, if Shepard decides to hide the Asari Protean Conspiracy or not.
      • The Turian would likely survive ok, if diminished. The subsequent Salarian-Krogan war and their "peacekeeping" efforts would likely drain them badly. However, the Turian would survive and continue to serve as a pillar (if somewhat smaller pillar) of the Galatic community.
      • The humans would survive somewhat, and as a result of the Galatic Reset, end up assuming a bigger role in Galatic matters. This would result either in gratitude or resentment based on how Shepard handles certain choices, and increasingly over the next centuries fracture lines would form amongst the races.
      • The Batarians are a non-entity immediately after the Reaper War. Depending on how Shepard handles the Batarian arc, they will either wither and fade away, or rally and re-establish a Batarian Empire again.
      • The Quarian/ Geth would resettle Rannock, and it remains to be seen if the two races can coexist (if the Geth survive). Depending on which sect Shepard supports and certain decisions, the Geth can ranged from extinct to overwhelming strong, and the Quarin from in control to dying race.

TL;DR: A lot of ideas.. ah well.

Good stuff, there.

It may be selfish of me, but I want more storyline involving Ashley. Liara already had some character-specific DLC, so now it's Ash's turn... right?

No. Liara is an integral part of everyone's game; for some people (me included), Ashley has been dead since ME1.

So any first impressions of Leviathan? I keep comparing it to Shadow Broker, which I loved, mostly because I was instantly drawn into the story and content. So far I'm not as impressed, or engrossed, with this one.

And on a cooler note I just got my payment notice from AmiAmi for Play Arts Kai Shepard, Ashley (mine lived, Kaiden sucked and deserved to be nuked :p ) and Garrus.

-b.

Since Shadow Broker is the greatest DLC ever, and better than many "regular" storylines in ME, it can't possibly compare.

I too am curious. I don't expect mind-blowing awesomeness like LotSB, but if it's "good" I'm interested.

Anything in it for EDI? I'd love more EDI. :) (and on that note---how come no play arts Liara or EDI?)

Since Shadow Broker is the greatest DLC ever, and better than many "regular" storylines in ME, it can't possibly compare.

I too am curious. I don't expect mind-blowing awesomeness like LotSB, but if it's "good" I'm interested.

Anything in it for EDI? I'd love more EDI. :) (and on that note---how come no play arts Liara or EDI?)

Re: EDI, you'll be happy with the first parts of Leviathan. I've been taking my time only playing a little here and there so I don't know how much time she'll eventually have. I found her along with a few other ME Characters that didn't make it pretty interesting and thought it sucked that I couldn't reconcile them living or dieing with the ending I wanted.

Hopefully with future waves we'll see a Liara and EDI, they'd also be must buys.

-b.

Finished Leviathan, initial impression is the DLC was both too short and too easy (at least w a Level 60 Shepard and Level 10 weapons).

Thought it added some interesting elements to the Mass Effect mythos but it could have used more content. I could see the combat being challenging for those with lower level characters and/or weapons, but all in all I finished it feeling kind of "meh".

Hopefully more DLC's to come with this one being analogous to Firewalker or Overlord (the two weakest DLC's for ME2 IMHO) and the newer DLC comparable to Lair of the Shadow Broker and/or The Arrival.

-b.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, my Play Arts Kai Garrus and Ashley came in.

Overall they're ok. Good mobility/ posability, but as usual some joints are weak; ankles, usually. Also, the guy at the local store I ordered at warned me about sticking joints, saying that Play Arts Kai is a bit hit and miss. Turns out quite ok, except that one sticky foot -- on both. Annoying foot.

Each comes with one pair of extra hands and two weapons. Happily, all weapons looks to be interchangable, though not all are ideal -- will get to that. Ashley came with the Avenger AR and the Katana shottie, while Garrus came with the Vindicator AR and the Incisor SR.

Time out. Incisor SR for Garrus? Oh come on. A Mantis or Viper would have been better...

Anyhow.. Ashley first.

63C0C162-0FD5-419A-90A7-606C83703F55-3759-0000081C782398ED_zpsa7146e5e.jpg

Here is the lovely Ms. Williams with a "borrowed" Vindicator. As can be seen, she can't quite flex the lower arm back, but the wrist helps to cock the weapon back fully. The Vindicator grip actually feels a bit too big for Ashley's smaller hands, since they came from Garrus' big mitts.

712607CC-A213-44C3-9BCE-2A87EEE7C034-3759-0000081C97FC95F4_zps1d7cb4bd.jpg

Here she is with the Incisor. I prefer Ashley with SR, pity about the Incisor, but still. Details are nice, the silly thing about Ashley is that her front skirt is from some rubbery plastic which has a tendency to curl... up. So, upskirts galore in the future, not that there's any details underneath.

Another angle, more action-y:

3CCF91DE-316D-4B9C-8D92-A24727537F34-3759-0000081C90F6F6C3_zps8b9951d6.jpg

Ashley could grip the Incisor fine, the problem is that the stock is just a tad bit too long and she can't actually shoulder the weapon well. Other than that, it's a good match.

What does the back look like? Well:

325D6C55-DD6F-43F1-B246-A82126692CAD-3759-0000081C9FF70379_zpsd92e1940.jpg

The shirt/skirt lays over the armour, so not very much there.. shoulders are interesting, the upper part is actually a separate plastic "U" shape with a pivot so that you can get the arm up, and there is considerable forward swing at the shoulder that I didn't see on Ashley at first (it's obvious on Garrus).

One major problem is that the makeup is a bit odd:

D2F8CF62-C494-4928-B419-1BFDCDA3B5D5-3759-0000081CA4EA5474_zps0c9660e7.jpg

When I first saw it I was quite thrown off. It looked like a movie star dressed in combat armour -- very off-setting. After looking at it on and off, it sort of remind me more of Jessica Chobot than Ashley Williams... Incidentally, the hair is not very flexible. It works ok when the head is tilted down or level, but tilting the head up brings the curled hair along, so a bit odd.

On to Garrus:

D949EC47-FB7C-4348-B274-F172B2D4BAEB-3759-0000081CAA5AFB3E_zpsaaf5e1d1.jpg

Do you feel lucky punk? Well do ya?

Garrus with Ashley's Avenger:

2668E648-865C-4B45-9B7C-6D92C2161819-3759-0000081CB0F6B8AD_zpsf43b35fe.jpg

The thing is, I didn't realise this in game, but Turians have very odd feet. It's reverse-articulated but very short at the ankle -- that meant that Turians need to hunch a bit to stand normally. The big clumsy boots that Garrus is wearing makes it obvious -- and he's difficult to balance partially because of the leg layout, and partially because he's massively top heavy.

His top is really a bit barrel. Wonder what's inside...

BC76473A-F3FB-4B64-B7C5-D807335C5B84-3773-0000081E526DC273_zpse94bc5af.jpg

Back look. One slight problem is that Garrus has two joints in his belly, so sometimes the belly misalign.Also, his groin armour feels quite loose, as though he's going to drop his pants at any time....

Because of generally the top heavyness of humaniods, I find that these are better posed in a crouch:

A1653248-0063-462F-B74C-B7F75D8EA85B-3759-0000081CB77A216F_zpsb83c1c83.jpg

Garrus with Ashley's Katana.

Just to note, it's not often seen in the game, but Garrus is a BIG boy:

2FB37E07-1355-404B-857D-22A4985BCDA0-3759-0000081CC0C993FD_zps0695d77f.jpg

Ashley's not a small girl by any description, but Garrus is at least a full head above her. He's big!

As stated, I find the pair better in crouches. Firstly, top heavy. Second, Garrus has a weak ankle and Ashley has small shoe size. Low contact points.

6AA3B8B1-04F3-4869-8D8C-F5A5ED681E03-3759-0000081CC8D3DA87_zps73481482.jpg

Included an extra shot to show that you can line up the head with the scopes... about just... and Garrus I think can pretty much forget about aiming:

708ABCCA-21A6-4DD1-86E5-DA10221B9178-3759-0000081CCE51AD99_zps41c3c75d.jpg

Lastly, a bit of artsy-fartsy with Ashley:

CDF5C787-7948-41BB-924C-577605A10991-3759-0000081CED3DC6A5_zps66a65990.jpg

Lemme know if you guys have any questions about these two.

• 2 weeks later...

So what are the chances that the Mass Effect Trilogy pack will include all the DLCs 1 and 2, the free ones for 3 at least, and a graphics upgrade for 1 and 2 as well?

My personal preferance, and I know some people will flame me for this, would be update all three to the ME3 engine, at least graphically if not gameplay wise, keeping the hacking, decrypting and exploring mini-games in 1.

Bishoujo Femshep turned out a lot better than Liara did:

https://www.facebook...22915089&type=1

She turned out really cute. The head alone makes me want one and I don't even care about the character/game :wacko:

BTW, is there any possibility that they'll make a play arts kai Legion figure? I keep seeing this figure of him at TRU for like $20, and while I don't have any interest at all in Mass Effect the game/franchise, he's got a creepy robot head and a gaping hole in his chest and I think he looks really cool:

mass_effect_legion.jpg

aparently these toys are DC direct molds though and that instantly makes me not want to have anything to do with it.

• 3 weeks later...

So what are the chances that the Mass Effect Trilogy pack will include all the DLCs 1 and 2, the free ones for 3 at least, and a graphics upgrade for 1 and 2 as well?

My personal preferance, and I know some people will flame me for this, would be update all three to the ME3 engine, at least graphically if not gameplay wise, keeping the hacking, decrypting and exploring mini-games in 1.

Dunno if that is practical with ME1. Its definably practical for ME2. after all the PS3 version of ME2 was on the ME3 graphics engine.

Personally I wish they would slightly reprogram the games to use some of the better unused audio that actually explains more about the main plot and reapers. For instance in the main chamber of the Collector base EDI was supposed to explains that the reapers break organics down to a atomic level merely so they can upload there memories to the Reaper neural network.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found something I never found something before in Mass Effect 3. If you drink enough in the bar you black out and all kinds of hilarity ensues. The first time my BroShep woke up next to freakin' Aria and the next time poor Shep was curled up in a corner of the elevator with a salarian giving him a dirty look. Oh Shepard, what do you get up to when you're drunk? :D (and HOW does he/she get drunk with all those cybernetics?)

• 3 months later...

I am about finished with a new playthrough of ME3 I started last weekend, with all three story DLCs installed. Not that it wasn't a hell of a ride before (whatever your opinion of the ending, old or expanded), but it is now easily one of my favorite gaming experiences of my life. Levianthan adds an integral piece of lore to the Mass Effect universe, and MUST be played if you are a serious ME fan. Omega is a fun actioner, but light on any major story bits. Together these two DLCs add 6-8 hours onto your play time. But the gem, the real piece of excellence, is the Citadel DLC that came out on March 5th. It was crafted with love by everyone involved in the ME trilogy, for those of us who have been there since the beginning. You can call it fan service, you can even call it out of place, but it is without a doubt the most epically awesome DLC I have ever had the pleasure of playing in any game. It is pure joy, wrapped in a cheeseburger of drunken revelry.

If you are a ME fan and don't get the Citadel DLC, you are missing out on what is the perfect send-off to the characters we all know and love. You HAVE to play it. HAVE TO. And by play it I mean squeeze every ounce out of it. If you don't you risk missing out some truly wonderful moments.

I leave you with this taste (awesomeness spoiler, but not a story spoiler):

For anyone playing the Citadel DLC here is a warning. DO NOT do the pull up challenge against James. Other than that this new DLC is really awesome and well written. The jokes that the characters make go all the way back to ME1 and as Duke Togo said this is for all the hardcore fans.

I am about finished with a new playthrough of ME3 I started last weekend, with all three story DLCs installed. Not that it wasn't a hell of a ride before (whatever your opinion of the ending, old or expanded), but it is now easily one of my favorite gaming experiences of my life. Levianthan adds an integral piece of lore to the Mass Effect universe, and MUST be played if you are a serious ME fan. Omega is a fun actioner, but light on any major story bits. Together these two DLCs add 6-8 hours onto your play time. But the gem, the real piece of excellence, is the Citadel DLC that came out on March 5th. It was crafted with love by everyone involved in the ME trilogy, for those of us who have been there since the beginning. You can call it fan service, you can even call it out of place, but it is without a doubt the most epically awesome DLC I have ever had the pleasure of playing in any game. It is pure joy, wrapped in a cheeseburger of drunken revelry.

If you are a ME fan and don't get the Citadel DLC, you are missing out on what is the perfect send-off to the characters we all know and love. You HAVE to play it. HAVE TO. And by play it I mean squeeze every ounce out of it. If you don't you risk missing out some truly wonderful moments.

I leave you with this taste (awesomeness spoiler, but not a story spoiler):

Very nicely stated DT, I agree wholeheartedly

Finally finished my ME3 insanity run. Waited till all the DLCs were out so this is also the first time I've seen the extended ending...

I choose the synthesis ending and loved that they had EDI begin the epilogue with "I am alive", echoing Caprica Six asking, "Are you alive?"

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished my ME3 insanity run. Waited till all the DLCs were out so this is also the first time I've seen the extended ending...

I totally didn't put that together. Did you start off with a level 1 Shep or did you run through with a high level one?

I actually started the whole trilogy over. Did two runs through ME1 to get lvl 60, and a single run through ME2 and then ME3. Stopped right before Sanctuary, which is when bioware announced the extended endings. Then I just waited till all the DLCs were out and then finished.

I only got the BSG reference because I had just marathoned the series.

edit: the weapon packs and new abilities breaks the game. Insanity on ME3 with a harrier and dominion or flare isn't very difficult and I found myself cutting down banshees and brutes like they were nothing.

Edited by eugimon