DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Someone here said they got a refund from NY before on a pre-order, just can't remember the details.

I was able to get one for an RVF-25 order and I know someone else was able to as well. The better the reason you can give for why you want to cancel your order, the more likely they are to go ahead and do it for you. (FYI, saying "I found it at a better price somewhere else" is not a particularly great reason to ask for a refund).

If there's a markup that I'm iffy about I don't even bother preordering. Didn't bother preordering that crazy 210 dollar VF-25 because that's like 250 shipped O_o

Cancelling preorders like that and using NY as a "just in case" ordering method and then screwing them on stock they may have already secured is mean, and will most likely have them change their preorder policy to anime-export / Cd Japan style later on.

Edited by Duymon

If there's a markup that I'm iffy about I don't even bother preordering. Didn't bother preordering that crazy 210 dollar VF-25 because that's like 250 shipped O_o

Cancelling preorders like that and using NY as a "just in case" ordering method and then screwing them on stock they may have already secured is mean, and will most likely have them change their preorder policy to anime-export / Cd Japan style later on.

It maybe mean, or even unethical, but Money is Money, and the world economy sucks.

When there's a over 100$ difference on a 130$ item.. Yeah don't care about mean.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i agree. stop defending NY who mark up prices within hours of pre-orders to take advantage of peoples fear due to the lack of stock. then they go through local shops to get their supply later. if they choose to mark them up before banking on low supply + people's fears of missing one. then it's fair game that they lose pre-orders when scalper no longer is needed

and if they start asking people to pay upfront well then just pay for it up front... since you're not going to cancel anyways

Not to derail the thread too much, but I just wanted to take a quick trip down memory lane.

5 years, 9 threads, 433 pages, and 14,905 individual posts ago:

062.jpg

:edit:

it's really amusing looking back at all the discussion/arguments trying to rationalize the design decisions bandai made on the v1 DX-25's when it turns out Bandai just didn't know how to build a decent Valk toy 5 years ago, and with enough time and effort it totally was possible to build a toy that was unequivocally better than their model attempt.

Edited by anime52k8

Bandai made such a huge improvement on the renewal version.

Now if only they could solve the problem of the self loosening hips and shoulders and add hard points on the wings, it would be the perfect VF toy.

(Oh, and produce enough so that scalpers don't drive up the price) :p

Graham

I had a SW in my cart during the sporadic restocks in the morning but screen blanked once I hit submit order. Oh well. Still have the Takara version anyway.

I have a feeling there is a huge stock coming. Just look at Acid Storm. Gone in a couple hours, yet Thundercracker lasted months. So huge stock is bound to come up.

The only thing speculative is vf-27 now. While vf-25f was highly sought after, many people had it before the re-release. vf-27 super is the only popular character that has the first renewal release this year.

Hopefully bandai will produce more vf-27 than rvf-25. but the high price of 20000 may deter some people from buying multiples. We will see.

I had a SW in my cart during the sporadic restocks in the morning but screen blanked once I hit submit order. Oh well. Still have the Takara version anyway.

I have a feeling there is a huge stock coming. Just look at Acid Storm. Gone in a couple hours, yet Thundercracker lasted months. So huge stock is bound to come up.

I got the acid storm too, I didn't bother with soundwave because I have the Takara too

I got acid storm and SW last night. I missed the restock at HLJ.

I got my NY invoice notice just now... I'm seriously considering asking them to cancel it. If they cancel all my preorders and shut down my account.. oh well. I haven't had a hard time securing preorders in the last few months and I haven't needed NY nearly as much.

It's just way too high to pay 250+ bucks to ship a 140 dollar toy. It sort of made sense back when that might be the only chance to get one but...things have changed in the market. I used to defend NY but they aren't changing with the times to stay competitive.

Anyway, I've got like a week to decide.

It's funny to note too. I got an invoice to buy my SRC gunbuster limited last week and I've got until the 27th to pay. I got the Alto invoice tonight and they are giving me til the 25th.

Edited by Gakken85