DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

My own opinion is that while I expect a Yamato production would be better than the Bandai DX version 2 offering, I do not expect the difference would be dramatic (such as that between v1 and v2).

Better paint job, better plastic, more durable joints, etc... But otherwise in terms of the anime adherence, transformation design, I have no complaints on the version 2 DX.

The difference is so small that it may not justify for Yamato to invest in the license or the line, given that MF hype has come and gone.

Depends what happens at Macross 35th or 40th Anniversary maybe.

Truth be told, I'm not so crazy about MF, probably because of the mediocre plot (May'n's Sheryl was awesome, though). While the VF-25F is a must-have, I just don't feel that same desperate urge to own any of the others the same way I want a VT-1 or VF-2SS. Sure, I'd happily pre-order the VF-25G if my hobby store brings it in, but it's just not worth moving heaven and earth to get, stalking online stores and all that sh!t.

If Yamato decides not to make any, so be it. So long as they eventually get around to reissuing that VT-1 with non-cracking hinges and making a 1/60 PT toy of the VF-2SS.

As opposed to the amazing plots of Macross II, 7, and Zero? :p

EDIT: Oops, I left out Plus. How could I forget such an unforgettable story like that? :p

LOL! Well, at least you left DYRL and SDF out of this, the former of which happens to be my all-time favorite...although I only watched it last month for the first time.

BTW, what's so bad about MacPlus, plot holes aside?

http://collectiondx....renewal_version

stuff on my robot dot com

Great review, Veef. Just the right ratio of pics and description.

You mentioned something about propping up the backpack with the GERWALK struts. I understand this is to relieve stress on the hinges. Is it necessary for Super Parts as well? I've got a VF-25F with Super Parts installed, and I wonder if I should do the same.

Great review Veef (I want one even more now - I didn't know that was possible)!

How I'd love to do an oil wash, light weathering and matte clear-coat on that baby and zoom it around the room!!

I just wished I had gotten my hands on one, now at over $600 is just too expensive to justify. I hope they do a re-issue with the armor at a reasonable price like $400 :wacko:

Edited by wm cheng

Great review, Veef. Just the right ratio of pics and description.

You mentioned something about propping up the backpack with the GERWALK struts. I understand this is to relieve stress on the hinges. Is it necessary for Super Parts as well? I've got a VF-25F with Super Parts installed, and I wonder if I should do the same.

Cooooouldn't hurt XD

Has anyone mentioned that the little red hinge in the chest armor is painted, and not molded that color? You could probably just plunk it in some rubbing alcohol and the paint'd peel off, if you want it grey. (for screen accuracy, it should really be mostly grey with "fold quartz magenta" in the middle)

Been keeping up with this topic for a while now. I got the email from Nippon Yasan today as well. It said I had till the 25th to complete my pre order. I think I'm gonna hold off till then and keep checking the other few sites before I commit. Definitely don't want this one to slip by though 8(

Are there still no pics yet of the VF-25G? Seriously, Bandai, it's like you don't even care about your own products, or you're just convinced that the only people who would buy them anyway already pre-ordered.

It shared a full page with the 30th Anni YF-29 in September's Dengeki Hobby Mag... Nothing really new tho.