DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

You know what would be absolutely hilarious? If Bandai decides to use one of the odd decos exclusive to the Master file book as the basis for a tamashii web exclusive repaint, and that one ended up being more plentiful than any of the canon show schemes because it was the only one anybody could actually get a preorder in on.

I'd call that more hilariously awesome, and I'd order 4. :p

Actually though... I REALLY hope that happens, for one main reason: If they actually issued a Tamashii exclusive, then they'd have no excuse for underestimating the demand on these, and they might reissue them when they realize they could still sell a lot more.

Seriously, I have this awesome picture of a bunch of Bandai execs facepalming in the midst of a veritable tornado of exclusive order requests, when they realize they've gotten twice as many exclusive orders as they produced of the non-exclusives. :lol:

I'm really kind of counting on them making exclusives, because I really want one painted red as that hypothetical Klan VF-25S. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm really kind of counting on them making exclusives, because I really want one painted red as that hypothetical Klan VF-25S. :)

I'm all good with exclusives too if it means we get odd ball stuff. I'm all about the Master file schemes though. I'd totally buy versions if they came in the 'ripsnorters' scheme, or sword dancer, or pixie squadron, or sword dancer. have I mentioned that I really want that sword dancer VF-25E?

Edited by anime52k8

Given Bandai's history involving anything related to paint, I'd actually prefer a kit version so I could paint it and seal it myself, but I really can't see that happening. Yamato kind of went out on a limb to give us the VF-1 kits, but I think that was more for the overwhelming popularity, and crazy amount of custom designs that people have made over the years. None of the other VFs has anywhere near as many "official" custom schemes.

I'd love to see more mold milking, but I'm pretty well set with the 1/100 fighter mode kits to do any scheme I really have to have for myself. They're still 600 yen at HLJ, and I plan to grab a couple more if they're still in stock around the time my DYRL CF order comes around.

I thought/wished that appeared in the movie before I watched it.

A shame it didn't. After my Spartan, Phalanx and Minmay Guard on the wish list.

Rimshot!!!...

I went to that site when it was still up, but I passed since, at 5000-5500 Yen over MSRP, the total after shipping would have been very close to $300.00. I absolutely refuse to pay that much for a toy, no matter how cool or how much I may want it... $230.00, shipping included, is my cut-off limit on these things, Bandai or Yamato.

Edited by mechaninac

I almost bit the bullet on a $300 Alto but Im almost positive they will be re-released in the future. so I quelled my impulsiveness with a vf-27 grace instead. Im pretty sure if they do re-release the grace it would be a long ways off if ever.

I'll be curious to see if the upcoming G release is easier or harder to come by than Alto's or Ozma's. On the one hand, since it isn't a "main" valk the prices on it post release might not go through the damned roof. On the other hand, Bandai might (stupidly) anticipate even less demand than it has for previous release and make less.

I've eyeing on the alert also, but I'm going to sleep now, but sill keepig the alert on though. Got my laptop next to my bed, but I'm a deep sleeper, if I miss it, oh well.

What I need is something that will shock me, not just a sound alert. :5::D

Finally bothered to run alertbox. The damn price tweaks....

I've got the alert monitoring the "Order Stop" text, so I don't get a ton of false alarms with price changes and stuff. Though, one time they added another space to the text field for some oddball reason. :lol:

I got an email from a HK online store i ocassionaly get stuff and preorder from that said that they are not going to accept preorders for the VF-25G and to just check back when the product becomes available. So it's possible that you guys are camping out for nothing and will be camping out again on September for a mad dash at getting a VF-25G.

F U Bandai!

I got an email from a HK online store i ocassionaly get stuff and preorder from that said that they are not going to accept preorders for the VF-25G and to just check back when the product becomes available. So it's possible that you guys are camping out for nothing and will be camping out again on September for a mad dash at getting a VF-25G.

F U Bandai!

Then why would they even put up the item this early on HLJ? That wouldn't make much sense, but if that were the case, I'd give a big F U to HLJ as well.

I assume HLJ also would just say they weren't going to take pre-orders. People have emailed them about it, there's no reason to dance around the issue if they aren't going to be doing a pre-order. BBTS said they weren't when someone emailed them about it.

Then why would they even put up the item this early on HLJ? That wouldn't make much sense, but if that were the case, I'd give a big F U to HLJ as well.

The HK online store i mentioned also put up the VF-25G up on their site, but like HLJ, it's at 'no stock' or 'order stop'... But yeah, this is scewed up. They're creating a frenzy by putting it up but won't take preorders coz of "unstable supply." Isn't the purpose of having preorders to guage the demand??? I swear, Bandai is fcking w/ me and the rest of the people who bash their Tamashii Limited sales strategy.

I've sent an e-mail few days ago to HLJ, asking whether they were planning to limit preorders to 1 or 2 items per person, as to get more chances that everyone gets his own Valkyrie. They told me:

"We'll do what we can to grab as much stock as we can!"

I understand they really plan to open preorders sometime, but are probably just waiting information from Bandai as how many items they can order.

They could just place a small number like 10, which should be easy to fulfill, but instead are trying to secure a higher number of preorders to sell. Which is good news, I think!

So, it seems it's not their fault. We should calm down and wait... ;-)

Edited by mgmalheiros

F U Bandai!

That was the answer I got from most HK retailers I emailed re the VF-171EX. They didn't want to put up an order until they knew exactly how much stock they could get.

Not exactly on the defense of the HK local shops, but here's what actually happened:

- The YF-29 was re-issued in May (or early June?). Local shops accepted pre-orders, as usual.

- It turned out that distributor?/Bandai? did not fill the orders. Some shops only got one or two units. Estimated only 10%-20% of the orders were delivered.

- The local shops could not honor the pre-orders for the customers. Including certain reputable shops. The shops had to refund to the customers. One of the shops even refunded with extra compensation (approximately US$13).

- I eavedropped (removed my shoes, sneaked around the shop and hid in the shadow) that after this incident, the local shops are now reluctant to accept preorder for valks. Once bitten, twice shy. Especially the version 2 valks are "proven" to be hot cakes (maybe not for RVF-25, but safe for VF-25G).

Therefore I expect no shops in Hong Kong are going to accept pre-orders.

For those who are going to pre-order online, try the Japanese sites.

Edited by ff95gj