DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Yeah I'm not as hyped about Michael. he was awesome in the show when he died, but since he survives in the films, he lost all his dramatic cred. Now he's just sort of... hanging around. So while I was eager to get an extra 25S/F for myself, I'm sticking with my lone 25G. I'd personally pay what you said, $225 shipped for Michael. that's the max.

Edited by pud333

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

F U BANDAI!

Since I have to be up in about 3.5 hours anyway, I'll just stay up playing iPad games while my computer constantly updates HLJ in the vain hope they might put up the 25G preorder. <_<

Also not as excited about the 25G as I was about the F and S, but I'm just too deep into the Frontier line now to not complete it.

12:30 am here in California. Nothing yet. Oh and to Lolicon, I feel the same. I too feel like I'm now invested in the line so I feel compelled to complete it, at least Vf-25s, f, g, and luca's. 171 is still up in the air. The funny thing is all I ever wanted was the 25s and now look at me.... spending tonight refreshing my stupid computer.. This is so retarded I could laugh. If my anger ever overcame my lack of self restraint I'd be out of this hobby already.

Edited by mass driver

You know, this may seem kind of silly but has anyone considered contacting the websites directly and asking exactly when they will post their preorders so there would be no guessing games and the buddy system could actually work? Too late now but something to think about for the future RVF

Did anybody here get an AmiAmi preorder???

By the way, if anyone's interested, there are a few up on eBay for $259.99 shipped...

http://www.ebay.com/...b5#ht_500wt_922

http://www.ebay.com/...7#ht_4730wt_689

Not sure if I can handle another eBay preorder since my YF-29 eBay preorder was just canceled. I'm just not ready for more heartache a few months from now. Still, that's a pretty good price...

Are retailers really flying completely blind when it comes to pre-orders? I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no access at all to Bandai and some sort of estimate (even a rough one) of how many the company is looking to produce.

For comparison and shits/giggles sake, so far, since I started collecting Frontier renewals about 2 months ago, my scoreboard is at:

VF-25F = $260 shipped (MW Forum)

VF-25S = $275 shipped (From Japan auction)

YF-29 = $270 shipped (Nippon Yasan)

VF-171EX preorder = $260 shipped (ebay)

VF-25G preorder = $226 shipped (Nippon Yasan)

... ugh. Yeah, slightly painful... but once again, all part of the deep pockets collecting game I suppose. Please announce the RVF Renewal Bandai so I can go back to a nice blank WTB list... :(

** On the brighter side, just picked up this sexy bird from the post office today. Funny how the arrival of things you buy soothes the pain... :)

gallery_14163_548_339084.jpggallery_14163_548_366636.jpg

Are retailers really flying completely blind when it comes to pre-orders? I find it hard to believe that they have absolutely no access at all to Bandai and some sort of estimate (even a rough one) of how many the company is looking to produce.

For comparison and shits/giggles sake, so far, since I started collecting Frontier renewals about 2 months ago, my scoreboard is at:

VF-25F = $260 shipped (MW Forum)

VF-25S = $275 shipped (From Japan auction)

YF-29 = $270 shipped (Nippon Yasan)

VF-171EX preorder = $260 shipped (ebay)

VF-25G preorder = $226 shipped (Nippon Yasan)

... ugh. Yeah, slightly painful... but once again, all part of the deep pockets collecting game I suppose. Please announce the RVF Renewal Bandai so I can go back to a nice blank WTB list... :(

** On the brighter side, just picked up this sexy bird from the post office today. Funny how the arrival of things you buy soothes the pain... :)

Holy crap!!! I've been trying my hardest to avoid this situation. I got my invoice for the VF-171EX, but debating if I should get it for myself, or give it up to someone else. As for the 29, I just can't get interested in that valk. I had the first release, and it just didn't do anything for me as far as spark my interest in it. I've been lucky with the 25F and S, so I'm camping at hlj and ami ami in hopes of the opening. I guess like many of you, I'm pot committed, and sticking this out.

Sweet display Ultramanzoffy. Anyway, on an unrelated note I heard that those flexi displays with the clear tips can suck the paint off some yamato valks. You might want to consider displaying your valuable VF-25s on something other than the flexi display. This is of course unless I am way behind the times and the maker of flexi stands corrected this flaw.

Edited by mass driver

You might want to consider displaying your valuable VF-25s on something other than the flexi display. This is of course unless I am way behind the times and the maker of flexi stands corrected this flaw.

Dang, thanks for the heads up m.d.! For some reason I think maybe it might've been the older stands that did that, but I'll earthquake putty the tips of the VF-25S' stand just in case.

Ultraman we demand pics of your collection!!

I posted a couple of pics in the macross collection display thread a while back, so check that thread out to see part of what I have. I'm all across the board with the toys I buy though; definitely not macross exclusive like some of the other folks on MW. My detolf setup changes each time I buy a "high end" piece, and right now, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out what to do once a 171, 25G, YF-29, and future RVF-25 show up. I think I'm finally screwed for Macross space and will likely have to put all the Frontier valks into battroid to fit them into their section.

Well, the problem with the version one flexi stand was the black stoppers degraded over time leaving unsightly black marks on the toys. The problem with the version two flexi stand was that the plastic on the clear tips had a chemical reaction with the paint on some yamato valks. You had MWer's telling horror stories of the paint on some 1/48 Low Viz being damaged due to this flaw. I can't find the original post I suspect because of the recent website overhaul. Someone back me up on this..

Well, the problem with the version one flexi stand was the black stoppers degraded over time leaving unsightly black marks on the toys. The problem with the version two flexi stand was that the plastic on the clear tips had a chemical reaction with the paint on some yamato valks. You had MWer's telling horror stories of the paint on some 1/48 Low Viz being damaged due to this flaw. I can't find the original post I suspect because of the recent website overhaul. Someone back me up on this..

between what I've seen happen to other people and my own personal experience, I'm thoroughly convinced that Flexi display stands are just crap all around and I intend never to use them again.

At some point I'm just going to get some cheap mini tripods and scrap acrylic blocks and make my own stands. <_<

One of these days, I'm going to just start drilling holes into the feet of my valks, and mounting them like I do model aircraft.. right through the engines with a metal shaft. Though, given recent developments in ankle joints.. that might not work so well anymore.

Seriously though, I might start looking for random spots that make good obscure points to mount standard display stands. As nice as it is to have stands that all use some kind of common adapter... Yamato never seems to mount them anywhere near the center of mass, and every valk is back heavy on the Yamato stands.

I like the Bandai stands. They hold the item securely in all modes and allow for some decent poses (except for fighter mode). The stands aren't overly large like the Yamato launch arm style.

I agree that clear or smoke would be nicer. However, some clear plastics tend to develop ugly hairline fractures over time.

Man, what a debacle! And I thought trying to keep up with Yamato's releases would be hard on my wallet. I missed out on the Renewal's and just can't bring myself to pay the scalper prices for them. Having to play early bird for the newer releases is ridiculous as well. I'll just be happy with the VF-27 Brera/Grace Valks I was fortunate to get for Frontier. I'm sure Bandai will reissue these later or years from now for an anniversary. Maybe Yamato will get the license once Bandai is done with it.

After checking my stands, I think the paint rub issue with the flexi stands would likely have been because the 1/48's were so damn heavy... none of my 1/60 toys are putting that much pressure on the stands, so I don't think it'll be an issue. I never concern myself with resale value on my toys; as long as there's no breakage or a deep scratch, I'm content. :)

How about spraying clearcoat on the tips themselves?

I would think it would eventually work its way through the clearcoat and you would have a gunky mess on the tips that you wouldn't want in contact with your valks.

At least it doesn't react with the plastic wrap and the plastic wrap itself will grab onto surfaces so you don't have to worry about things sliding off.

Yep that was my Low viz it ate into :angry:

Hi Guys

This is my 1st time posting here, I'm recently just able to afford collecting the macross and now trying to completed the entire squadron of macross frontier series.

here so far i have collected

100_5548.jpg

100_5549.jpg

100_5550.jpg

134_5440.jpg

134_5431.jpg

134_5428.jpg

PICT2189.jpg

PICT2183.jpg

super pack attacted

100_5636.jpg

100_5614.jpg