DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Posting this here, if you've got an auto-refresh script, keep this page up.

http://www.hlj.com/s...eleaseDate+desc

When the VF-25G goes up, it should appear at the top of that list, unless they've screwed up their release dates for preorders.

Also, provided I can get an order in, I will get three, but if not, I will buy one and split the HLJ shipping with anyone who can get multiples to resell.

And whether they get updated today or not, I'm not going to chance it. I plan on being up all night tonight and possibly tomorrow night as well with friends online anyway, so it's a perfect opportunity to camp HLJ. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

And whether they get updated today or not, I'm not going to chance it. I plan on being up all night tonight and possibly tomorrow night as well with friends online anyway, so it's a perfect opportunity to camp HLJ. ^_^

Dude, for your sake, I really hope you get an order in. Good luck man

After reading the last two pages, the VF-25F sitting on it's flexi stand next to my monitor is starting to look like a gold brick from fort Knox. At this point, I think I'm just going to see if I can trade it for an Ozma and be done with this whole silly affair.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Damn! Missed this one also... here's hoping for HLJ or some kind soul on these boards here to order an extra (preferably in Toronto - I'll give a tour of my models/collection as incentive ;-)

Eh, don't rush things too much, I think this is going to turn into a re-release waiting game. The only way this "marketing strategy" even works in Bandai's favor is if they string out a series of re-releases. They're building up a ton of hype over these releases... not because the product is so much better, but because they're shafting the collectors who want these by producing them in such limited quantities.

Thing is, you can't pay salaries on hype. In fact, they might be doing themselves more harm than good, because in the end, people are going to get fed up, and stop caring. Yes, they're selling out, but they're not selling nearly as many VF-25s as they could, and the only people profiting are the re-sellers.

Nippon Yasan hooked up my 25Fsuper parts order perfectly, so I'm pretty confident in them to follow through on my 25G pre-order (as well as my 25F&S armor parts orders). 25S just arrived today from Japan, 171EX pre-order is in, and the YF-29 isn't on my radar, so I'll be kicking back and sitting out the drama until an RVF pre-order announcement drops. =)

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered there as well. You guys have been saying they are a reputable place and $236 shipped registered airmail is not that bad...not great but not the worst either! And at least I don't have to prepay. If I can get at HLJ then all the better! if not, then I should have one secured.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered there as well. You guys have been saying they are a reputable place and $236 shipped registered airmail is not that bad...not great but not the worst either! And at least I don't have to prepay. If I can get at HLJ then all the better! if not, then I should have one secured.

Chris

That's exactly it... everyone seems to get up in arms when they can't grab things at MSRP and miss out, but I'm content with the price just being reasonable if I can get one locked in. Nippon Yasan has come through for me before and they don't charge in advance. Win win in my book.

That's why I pre-ordered one. I've missed out on all the Frontier releases and so just having one that I'm likely to get is a plus. And since I'm not billed at the time of the pre-order I can save long term for it. The fact the G looks really nice doesn't hurt either.

Was an MSRP for the 25G even announced yet? Seriously, given all the drama and scarcity surrounding Bandai's Frontier line, I look at anything under $300 shipped as being reasonable... lol.

Punching myself; caved and bought the in-stock Durandal from Nippon Yasan. Couldn't resist the thought of the blue 25G and the red YF-29 standing next to my blue and red M&M 1/60's... :p

eh, as bad as I want one, paying an extra $70 over retail during a PRE-ORDER window does not sit well with me. As long as people are willing to cough up the extra cash, then I guess I cannot fault businesses for taking advantage of it. However I do applaud places like HLJ, AmiAmi etc that, despite something being a hot item, they generally stick near the retail price anyway.

Anyways, it's not a game I am willing to play.

Yeah, I think I'm going to just grab as many as I can from wherever I see them available, and resell any extras I get here. Got one at Nippon Yasan preordered, and I'll keep my eyes on HLJ and BBTS for when they open up, but I'll likely only order multiples from HLJ.

Given the recent shenanigans with undersupplying, I'm not even betting I'll get one from Nippon Yasan, but it's worth a shot.

I can't wait for Bandai to be done with these so I can get back to collecting Yamatos. :p

Edit: And actually, the reason HLJ and AmiAmi get hammered so fast is that they offer pretty decent preorder discounts.. especially AmiAmi. Giving people 25% off on a preorder is why they sell out so quickly. Everyone goes there first, and since they're open to both markets, they'll sell out to Japan before we ever see it.

Edited by Chronocidal

eh, as bad as I want one, paying an extra $70 over retail during a PRE-ORDER window does not sit well with me. As long as people are willing to cough up the extra cash, then I guess I cannot fault businesses for taking advantage of it. However I do applaud places like HLJ, AmiAmi etc that, despite something being a hot item, they generally stick near the retail price anyway.

Anyways, it's not a game I am willing to play.

I get what you are saying.....and even agree with it. Problem is it gets worse once they are out....ie..the 25s and f, 29, and 171. Or the horrible scalper eBay prices too. That's why I figured this price was doable, like I said not really great but not horrible either. Still cheaper than a Yamato too. ;)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Problem is it gets worse once they are out....ie..the 25s and f, 29, and 171. Or the horrible scalper eBay prices too. That's why I figured this price was doable, like I said not really great but not horrible either. Still cheaper than a Yamato too. ;)

Chris

This is the truth right here... bleed a little now, or full on exsanguinate later.

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but I got an email from BigBadToyStore.com and they said they will not be carrying the preorder. Here is the email:

Hi Rob,

It looks like we might not have preorders for that item.

--

Thanks!

Nick

BBTS Customer Service Manager

www.BigBadToyStore.com

I asked them if it was due to a shortage, but they never respoded to that one, so Ill keep you updated...I guess now we wait for HLJ

I can't wait for Bandai to be done with these so I can get back to collecting Yamatos. :p

Haha, QFT... this is exactly what i'm thinking. i've been holding out but have my sights on the 17D, 19P and VF-4 (if i'll like the scheme and if i can afford it)... I just want this 25G after i get my 29 next week, then i'm done (unless a CF 171 comes along). I don't think i'll even bother with the super packs.

Edited by m0n5t3r

Pain in the ass....should of kept the preorders when I had the chance. But by god the prices were just to astronomical for me during that time. Now it's 3 times worse. Bandai needs to get off their asses and produce another set.

Thanks - got an order in. Is this place legit? Kind of pricey but I need to go back to sleep for a bit. Got it for $220 shipped with airmail and tracking

Link for the lazy

http://www.nippon-ya...al-version.html

I just got my 25S and Super Parts from them. Armored parts are on order. No problems at all.

I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but I got an email from BigBadToyStore.com and they said they will not be carrying the preorder. Here is the email:

Hi Rob,

It looks like we might not have preorders for that item.

--

Thanks!

Nick

BBTS Customer Service Manager

www.BigBadToyStore.com

I asked them if it was due to a shortage, but they never respoded to that one, so Ill keep you updated...I guess now we wait for HLJ

This doesn't really surprise me, I think they got hit with some kind of cease and desist a few years ago regarding Yamato Macross products. While they seemed to still stock certain items BBTS hasn't been to great for Macross items since. I just really hope Nippon can fill my pre-order. The more I think about it, the more I'd really love to finally have a Frontier release.

fully honesty guys, would you pay over 300 dollars for one of these though?

nope, i have four 25 renewals and never paid over 300 for each.

edit: 5 renewals forgot to count 1

Edited by Murphy

fully honesty guys, would you pay over 300 dollars for one of these though?

Most I'd pay is $250 shipped. And that's for an Ozma or Alto. That's already getting into Yamato 19 and 17 territory and while the renewals are great, the Yamatos are better.

I think I'd call it quits at about $225 personally. I want this 25G, but I'm more excited for the 171EX and I'm not paying more than $195 for it.

Edited by anime52k8