DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I mean.. I love what they've done with the VF-25 renewal, but actually transforming them just isn't fun for me. I actually do enjoy transforming my Yamatos every once in a while, but with Bandai's stuff, I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to break something, or scratch off paint, or whatever else can go wrong. Might be due to the more complicated transformation with the VF-25, but the way all the parts hang off each other going to battroid just feels like it's asking to break apart.

I just recently transformed my 25F from gerwalk to battroid for the first time (w/ the super parts on), and I'd have to agree: it was not a fun experience. Crap flying off left and right, having to strong arm the chest, shoulder, and "backpack" pieces into proper position while dealing with the neck plate and worrying about breaking or tweaking stuff... after I was finally finished, I grabbed one of my 1/60 Yamato's and messed with it for a while as a palette cleanser. lol Bandai renewal 25's have officially joined my 1/48 Stealth valk in the "high frustration handling" category of my collection.

I was informed that YF-29 reissue was also massively under produced.

Do contact your pre-order location to ensure you are allocated a unit.

Damn, just got an email from the guy I preordered from on eBay and he says he can't get the YF-29 but he's gonna check other distributors. I guess this just isn't meant to be...Yamato take my money!!!!

Damn, just got an email from the guy I preordered from on eBay and he says he can't get the YF-29 but he's gonna check other distributors. I guess this just isn't meant to be...Yamato take my money!!!!

Follow up email from my seller says all his local stores in Hong Kong are also sold out. Unbelievable!

I love what they've done with the VF-25 renewal, but actually transforming them just isn't fun for me. I actually do enjoy transforming my Yamatos every once in a while, but with Bandai's stuff, I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to break something, or scratch off paint, or whatever else can go wrong.

Totally agree. My issue with the VF-25S is that it requires a lot of squeezing and tightening to get it back into plane mode. Yamato VF-1 v2 nicely clips into place.

Nice toy, but really does have the Bandai mass-production feel.

Did Bandai have to close a bunch of factories recently? None of their production decisions seem to make a lick of sense lately.

Try Kotobukiya figures. All of their top sellers are once off productions. Their still very available figures still get re-releases... :angry:

Must be a personal Japanese joke against the world.

If anyone is interested...

http://jungle-scs.co...etail&id=516679

$302 US is still a hefty price but Im just paying my information forward

I did see on the second page they have 2 Yamoto Yf-19s for $155 US which seems to be an awesome deal.

Edited by buckethead523

I did see on the second page they have 2 Yamoto Yf-19s for $155 US which seems to be an awesome deal.

Ouch!!! I hope you guys find what you're loking for, for much cheaper.

Does anyone know how strict they are with the B grading? One of their staff told me that if there are no comments i can assume that there is not noticeable flaw but what is noticeable to me is often not noticeable to many others. :-)

Does anyone know how strict they are with the B grading? One of their staff told me that if there are no comments i can assume that there is not noticeable flaw but what is noticeable to me is often not noticeable to many others. :-)

I would assume that their grading is done very strictly given the nature of japanese quality standards. I have not bought from Jungle before, but from my numerous experiences with mandarake, they are very stringent with the grading. Minor damage is basically non existent considering i am quite picky with having pristine box conditions.

Edited by shawnlee1981

Guys 1 week ago I paid for a renewal version of ozma at Nippon-yasan for 260 euros, what i got is the OLD ARMORED VF-25S!!!! Anyone else got this issue?

Mine arrived from Nippon-Yasan today and thankfully it is the expected 25S Renewal and Super Parts. Haven't had a chance to do anything more than peek into the box.

Whew. Those preorders closed fast.

Who got else got one?

Oh that's just not right! LOL....

you're a funny, funny man....evil... But still funny :p

I really like that sniper prone position picture. I also really hate Bandai because now we have to go through the whole insta pre-order nonsense again.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

You know, of all the things Bandai had to finally get correct.. why'd they have to make the underside of the nose blue? It just looks stupid with just the landing gear doors white, canon or not. <_<

On the other hand, I'm cautiously optimistic that it looks like they did change which parts are molded in color this time. You can see a little of the inner surface of the lower wing glove, and it looks white. I don't think they bothered to paint the inside of Ozma's, so it's looking like they finally used the right color plastic.

Is it just me though, or did they color his crotch plate wrong?

K then, I guess I might have mixed up the parts on my 1/72 kits, because I was sure Michael's crotch had the center plate white. :p

By the way, I'm going to put this idea out again.. I'd be happy to participate in a group pre-order of these. Basically, assuming I actually can make a pre-order, and can get more than one (probably through HLJ, since AmiAmi tends to limit you to one), I'm going to buy as many as I can with the intention to sell the extras at cost to other members who can't get a preorder here, splitting the shipping. I can probably only get a couple to resell at most, but if we get several people doing it, it might make this preorder nonsense a little easier to deal with.

I might start a new thread in the sales section if anyone else wants to do the same. I'm just concerned that a lot of people might miss the preorders due to time zone issues again, and would love to set up a "designated buyer" system so people who can't be up mashing the F5 key can potentially get a preorder in with the help of someone else who can.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help out with that Chrono. My bed time is 9 pm mountain and I pretty much miss all of the pre-order stuff. The 29 I'm not concerned with but the 171 is totally up in the air now.

By the way, I'm going to put this idea out again.. I'd be happy to participate in a group pre-order of these. Basically, assuming I actually can make a pre-order, and can get more than one (probably through HLJ, since AmiAmi tends to limit you to one), I'm going to buy as many as I can with the intention to sell the extras at cost to other members who can't get a preorder here, splitting the shipping..

If Bandai ever does a VF-25F Alto re-issue, I'd be appreciative of this, if you do one then.