DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

yeah i got lucky with a yf 29 preorder from them about a few weeks ago too. I had been checking the site frequently and i guess someone cancled their preorder since there was only 1 avaliable (you can see the max number avaliable just add a random large amount to shopping cart). I jumped on it immediatly. BBTS is pretty reliable ive had no problems with them. I saw a vf-171 avaliable a few days ago too.

That is good to hear. Thanks for the validation.

Thanks for the welcome Bridge Bunny.

Hello all, I have been a lurker for a while and just had to post the strange luck I think I may have had this evening. This is my first post on MW, btw.

I was looking for a chance to get the YF-29. I recently was able to procure the VF-25F renewal for a decent price and was hoping I might get a chance to luck into a decent price or, if things worked out right, I might stumble on a pre-order that opened up for the YF-29. While looking at the sites that offered pre-orders in case they show a little stock after the release, I stumbled on a pre-order available on BigBadToyStore for 259. Needless to say, I jumped on it as it is significantly less expensive than eBay or elsewhere. After I got the confirmation e-mail, I went to my account on BBTS and had to verify that I successfully made the order. I was not imagining it. However, I have since checked BBTS again and they are now marked as sold out again. Is there a likelihood that I may still not get it? I am still holding out hope that it doesn't fall through. Just thought I had to share with others who might appreciate the situation. What do you think?

You should be fine so long as BBTS did not overestimate their ability to get stock like they did the VF-25S.

In the ever-evolving nature of language, the meaning and pronunciation of a word is whatever the vast majority of people accept and understand it to be.

But for David's sake, I won't end this post with a preposition. That's the kind of tomfoolery up with which I shall not put!

In the ever-evolving nature of language, the meaning and pronunciation of a word is whatever the vast majority of people accept and understand it to be.

But for David's sake, I won't end this post with a preposition. That's the kind of tomfoolery up with which I shall not put!

The whole "can't end sentences with preposition" rule is false, by the way. Very popular among pseudo-grammarians though!

Ver-nee-ays! Not ver-niers. It's one of the world's many French aeronautical terms, like pitot and canard. :p

Ver-nee-ays? That’s not correct either. If you want to pronounce it correctly in French you should drop the S, even for the plural.

Just got my Alto super parts today, and I gotta say, 1000% better than the previous. I know the complaints of the intake covers, but while mine are loose like everyone else, it's not as loose as some. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the set. I didn't go with the Ozma super parts, as he hardly used them, and I want variety in my display, so I I do have the armor pack on preorder.

BTW, I don't want to look through a ton of pages, but has the RVF, or Michel's version been confirmed?

Glad to see all are happy with the Super Parts. I held out for the Armored Parts for Ozma since I only managed to get the VF-25S...but last week I got lucky; a friend of mine asked to look for somebody who would like to buy his VF-25F Renewal for less than USD160...Needless to say, I'm a happy man right now. :)

I have been MIA lately popping up here and there but mostly due to financial woes I had to avoid the site because it showcases all I couldn't get. Guess what? Time to get back in the game. I just ordered my armor pack but the one thing that upsets me more than anything is that unless they rerelease him I am going to have to shell a freak loud out for Ozma as I couldn't get him during the release. But to prepare I will get his Armored pack as soon as I can even before getting him so as not to make the same mistake.

Glad to see all are happy with the Super Parts. I held out for the Armored Parts for Ozma since I only managed to get the VF-25S...but last week I got lucky; a friend of mine asked to look for somebody who would like to buy his VF-25F Renewal for less than USD160...Needless to say, I'm a happy man right now. :)

Nice, and congrats.

Michael's has, RVF has not (yet)

Well, that's a good sign. I think I'm gonna go with the Tornado pack for that one, should it be released.

Ver-nee-ays! Not ver-niers. It's one of the world's many French aeronautical terms, like pitot and canard. :p

Yes, that may well be, but it's still considered a treasonable offence in the UK to pronounce the language of the ancient enemy correctly!

Remember Agincourt!......Mwahaha :p

Ver-nee-ays? That’s not correct either. If you want to pronounce it correctly in French you should drop the S, even for the plural.

Well, the "aerodynamics in modern English" way does pronounce the S for the plural form. I think.

Regardless, it is a long-established aerodynamic term, and you can't debate the correct pronunciation or claim "it's whatever the majority say it is". Because frankly, a couple of people on MW do not constitute the majority among people in the world using aeronautic terms. It'd be like saying you want to pronounce wing with a long-I sound, or flap with a long-A. "Deploy flapes!" Or "rooder" instead of rudd-er.

Kind of like when you hear someone say they have Nike shoes, and pronounce it exactly like "Bike".

Finally got around to watching Frontier for the first time and I'm disappointed by how much I've missed the boat with these renewal pieces. Since I hadn't seen the show I hadn't really kept a pulse on the toys, boy how I wish I had. I'll just have to really start paying attention to subsequent releases and see if I might be able to add one of these to my collection.

Well, the "aerodynamics in modern English" way does pronounce the S for the plural form. I think.

Regardless, it is a long-established aerodynamic term, and you can't debate the correct pronunciation or claim "it's whatever the majority say it is". Because frankly, a couple of people on MW do not constitute the majority among people in the world using aeronautic terms. It'd be like saying you want to pronounce wing with a long-I sound, or flap with a long-A. "Deploy flapes!" Or "rooder" instead of rudd-er.

Kind of like when you hear someone say they have Nike shoes, and pronounce it exactly like "Bike".

People in Greece pronounce Nike, like Bike indeed. I personally think Nikeee sounds cheap, as if its a knock-off brand of Nike. lol

Actually, if enough idiots keep saying it wrong the term does officially become flapes if only because nobody will know the correct way to pronounce it. I'm about ready to start shooting people who say/type "wala" instead of "voila" as it's becoming far too common an occurrence now.

ITT, David doesn't know how to read Katakana

I can translate it, but it takes so long that I have to have a vested interest in attempting it.

Plus, frankly---I don't think very many Japanese people know the "correct" pronunciation of western aviation words---they just do strict transliteration of the letters seen in books etc. How well does "Illinois" come across?

Actually, if enough idiots keep saying it wrong the term does officially become flapes if only because nobody will know the correct way to pronounce it. I'm about ready to start shooting people who say/type "wala" instead of "voila" as it's becoming far too common an occurrence now.

How about bookay? (bouquet). See that nowadays too. On a related note, way too many "people who should know better" (like journalists) are popularizing "aircrafts". Aircraft is already plural, like deer and sheep. "4 aircrafts" is just as wrong as "4 sheeps".

I'm curious how folks keep the armored intake covers from falling off while in gerwalk mode? These pieces don't have anything to hold them on other than the small magnets (which don't seem to work in this mode).

My right one stays on just fine, even during transformation. The left one will come off if I try to transform it or play around with it too much.

I'm curious how folks keep the armored intake covers from falling off while in gerwalk mode? These pieces don't have anything to hold them on other than the small magnets (which don't seem to work in this mode).

I think it's just very random which ones do and don't like to stay attached.

There are small tabs on the corners of the pieces that should clip around the intakes, and sort of hold them on.. but as I ranted about in another thread, Bandai's stupid obsession with making random pieces diecast metal really hurts the way these can attach.

The tabs are very small, and are meant to clip around the edges of the intake. That all would be fine, except the edges of the intake aren't exactly sharp, and the clips will slip off without much pressure. It's just the nature of how diecast parts are made, they're not going to have very sharp edges.

People have resorted to a few types of materials to hold them on, but I wonder... Given how Shapeways seems to keep solving problems with Valks, I'm tempted to see if I could make a custom set of intake cover replacements that would just glue into the backs of the hip armor, and give the armor a decent mounting point.

You'd just have to remove the intake covers, and snap the hip armor in where they go. Between that connection and the existing clips, that might be enough to keep them on better.

There are small tabs on the corners of the pieces that should clip around the intakes, and sort of hold them on.. but as I ranted about in another thread, Bandai's stupid obsession with making random pieces diecast metal really hurts the way these can attach.

Ok being diecast has nothing to do with the sharpness of the parts. It's really just an issue of design here. As noted, with the intake covers removed, there is a choice slot in the top of the intake. Why they didn't do anything with that, I have no idea.