DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I don't care what it takes, but I'm gonna get this pre-order in if it's the last thing I do. I will be starting to study for the MCAT next Autumn, so late night studying should keep me fueled until the wee hours of the morning when the pre-orders for this thing will go up.

I've always wanted to be one of the pro's that got a Bandai DX for super cheap from AmiAmi, so I hope this will be it...

I think being on the west coast gives me a bit of an advantage. I don't usually have to stay up past midnight. So far I've had awesome success, snagging the 25F/S, 29 and 171 all from Amiami with no issues. Hopefully my streak continues! :D

I really want the VF 25G and I hope I can get a pre order from BigBadToyStore since I know HobbyLink Japan as well as AmiAmi will probably be long sold out by the time I get to the site. I also hope BigBadToyStore can fulfill all those pre orders for the VF 25G.

Actually, the original pre-orders for the 29 didn't sell out in a minute either. It was only after the movie was released and the second run was put up that there was a mad rush for it. There isn't a guarantee the G will be hard to nab.

The thing is that while they are rare and go for a lot now Alto and Ozma's 25's did not sell out in minutes like the 29 and 171. The 29 and 171 are new/unique whereas Alto's and Ozma's 25's, while higher quality then the V.1's, aren't "new" to most people. The G might sell out faster simply because we all now know they don't make many of these things and anyone who wants one isn't going to wait but I have a hard time believing this is going to be another 2 minute sell out like the 29 or 171 were.

Actually, the original pre-orders for the 29 didn't sell out in a minute either. It was only after the movie was released and the second run was put up that there was a mad rush for it. There isn't a guarantee the G will be hard to nab.

I passed on the initial 29 release because previous DX toys (and Bandai's entire history with the franchise) had pretty craptacular, and I wasn't confident that Bandai could produce a valkyrie toy that didn't suck. I'm sure there are others who felt the same way.

Even after the 29 came and went, I was very cautious about preordering a 25F. It was only after I had gotten the first one in my hands and found that it was a POS that I ordered a second one.

And you're right; Ozma didn't sell out in minutes. It sold out in hours. Which is hardly an improvement. I only managed to get a preorder in when someone canceled theirs about two weeks before release. (Thanks David! I'm really enjoying it.)

But now that people know these toys don't suck, there's going to be a rush for them from collectors and scalpers alike. If you don't think the 25G will sell out fast, fine, that's your prerogative. However, I'm not going slack off and let the preorder window slip by if I can help it just because I think it's going to sell out much slower.

I passed on the initial 29 release because previous DX toys (and Bandai's entire history with the franchise) had pretty craptacular, and I wasn't confident that Bandai could produce a valkyrie toy that didn't suck. I'm sure there are others who felt the same way.

Even after the 29 came and went, I was very cautious about preordering a 25F. It was only after I had gotten the first one in my hands and found that it was a POS that I ordered a second one.

Exactly that. Now that the cat is out of the bag that Bandai can make an awesome valkyrie, all bets are off with the 25G.

And you're right; Ozma didn't sell out in minutes. It sold out in hours. Which is hardly an improvement. I only managed to get a preorder in when someone canceled theirs about two weeks before release. (Thanks David! I'm really enjoying it.)

But now that people know these toys don't suck, there's going to be a rush for them from collectors and scalpers alike. If you don't think the 25G will sell out fast, fine, that's your prerogative. However, I'm not going slack off and let the preorder window slip by if I can help it just because I think it's going to sell out much slower.

That's a good point. I still wonder if the G will be as popular just because it's not Alto or Ozma.

Can't know for sure how fast it will sell out until preorders go up. But if you really want one, best to just hedge your bets and jump on that preorder grenade as soon as it's thrown. :)

I hope Bandai releases G super parts too. Looks so underdressed without them...

This is why I'm thinking we should use some kind of buddy system for the preorders. :lol: I just want to know when the preorders will start appearing, and if I know when that is, I'll plan ahead to be up late enough to get one. Problem is that not every site gets them at the same time, so you gotta spend multiple nights wearing out your F5 key.

Nope, they just screwed up the paint. The crotch plate is mostly gray, but the border is a darker shade, and it looks like they didn't bother to paint any detail at all on it.

They might have decided it would just get scraped away though, and decided not to paint it at all. Given where that panel winds up in fighter and gerwalk modes, I can't really disagree.

Still looks lazy though. <_<

Bandai factory worker #1: Hey, what's all this extra paint doing here?

Bandai factory worker #2: I thought you were gonna paint all those crotches.

Bandai factory worker #1: No, YOU were supposed to paint them.

Bandai factory worker #2: Quit joking, they were already shipped.

Bandai factory worker #1: That's not funny.

Bandai factory worker #2: Uh oh. If the boss comes around...I'll be on my lunch break.

Glad I passed o the Alto super parts. That crotch piece is hideous. Not to happy with the ozma crotch but it does look better than Altos. Im usually not a stickler on colors but his just draws your attention and looks unfinished. maybe it will look better in person.

Edited by ErikElvis

Bandai QC Rep: Hurry up and show me the prototype!

China Factory Boss: Well sir, here it is in airplane mode, if you wait a second I will transform it for you to inspect...

Bandai QC Rep: No Time!!! I have my happy endings massage in 15 minutes...It is good enough...

China Factory Boss: But sir, we have to have to approve the final colors

Bandai QC Rep: No Time!!! Only suckers will buy this Macross crap anyways, where are my Gundam toys....

It's also off-white in the anime, but it looks like it should be the same color as the hip plates. It doesn't stick out as much in the anime because of the lighting/shading used and they seem to go to some lengths to hide it from the camera, like the VF-27's tail. :)

I think using a wash will greatly improve it's appearance.

Those plates really stand out and look bad if you ask me. I'm no fan of the Super packs on the 25 anyway so it doesn't affect me but I think, even if it's relatively accurate to the anime, it was a bad call to go ahead and make all of them off-white instead of molding them in whatever plastic color would match the Valk it was going with.