DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

12 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Shipping something the size of a VF-25 should cost around 3500 yen via Fedex/DHL, give or take, from HLJ. 

$5 or $10 in either direction makes little difference to me when I'm spending over $200 already. I just want my stuff... and I want it noooooow! :lol:

Ok ok. Got it! :lol: I know we want our new stuff to be delivered yesterday. :good: 

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Yeah, the design of the ball joints (specifically hips and arms) on the VF-25/27/29 are pretty awful.

Kiki's tightening service is basically a necessity. They should do a collab and include a complimentary bottle with every purchase 😛

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

15 years later we're finally getting the Frontier toys we should have gotten in the first place. Only took three trips to the well! Thanks for the triple dip, Bandai! :good:

To be fair they've only triple-dipped in Japan.  This is only our first official release elsewhere.

• 5 months later...

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I just encountered a breakage on the c-clip hinge of my DX VF-25A's gunpod. I have the small piece that broke and tried using Mr. Cement S (which is what I use on my Hasegawa models) but it didnt stick. Any advice on what product to use or any alternate ways to make the gunpod work again? 

20230418_203813.jpg.e7a99770b00d92e5ccf546dda5c6509a.jpg

7 minutes ago, TommyWMan said:

My apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I just encountered a breakage on the c-clip hinge of my DX VF-25A's gunpod. I have the small piece that broke and tried using Mr. Cement S (which is what I use on my Hasegawa models) but it didnt stick. Any advice on what product to use or any alternate ways to make the gunpod work again? 

20230418_203813.jpg.e7a99770b00d92e5ccf546dda5c6509a.jpg

I think there was a replacement piece you could get from Shapeways. I've had this happen to 2 of my vf-25 gunpods. Both A models I think. They made them super tight that they break when you try to open them. Not sure if the item is still in shapeways. It was years ago it was offered.

52 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I think there was a replacement piece you could get from Shapeways. I've had this happen to 2 of my vf-25 gunpods. Both A models I think. They made them super tight that they break when you try to open them. Not sure if the item is still in shapeways. It was years ago it was offered.

Thanks for the help! I think I found the part. https://www.shapeways.com/product/STXS9DCFM/macross-vf-25-gun-attachment?optionId=42656222&li=shops 

I'll keep an eye on it as a backup plan ... I'm hoping to find something that will weld the parts together with a strong bond.

• 2 weeks later...

Hm... I didn't preorder the Alto as I already own the Renewal. I wonder if the engineering has been changed enough to improve the hips and shoulders... Or is the VF-25 design just impossible to recreate in figure form without joints that get loose over time?

I'd justify my distaste by saying it's not very lineart accurate (and it's not), but really, I think it's just an ugly, unpainted part right in the front of the VF. Weirdly, I actually think it's the one spot where the Renewal is a step backwards from the V1 - I think the V1's plate is both more accurate to the artwork and more visually appealing.

It's not a huge sin and I love the VF-25 despite it, but it's definitely the place I would have refined a bit given the opportunity.

I stick by my original theory that the crotch plate was always meant to be colored/textured but the CG guys ran out of time so they said "F it, it's gonna be hidden in fighter most of the time anyway" and left it essentially blank. And now the uncolored crotch plate is canon.:fool: