DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

10 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

Geez, that is almost double the MSRP of the VF-25F at release.

if you mean in 2011 when the renewals came out you are about right.  with discount i got mine for 10150 yen, that was with amiami's PO discount - not sure on percentage.  Assumign that was 10 percent it'd be 11280 yen msrp roughly....so you're right on!  then agan, that was in 2011.   and sorry i'm gonna be very america centric  here but for me what mattered was in 2011 one dollar was about 80 yen so msrp was about $141 for us.  today its one dollar being 114 yen so the 22000 price is $192...so yeah its more expensive for me or 1.36X the cost...which is why the "double" comment had me checking.  you were basically right but when i converted in my head i was like "yeah under $200 not so bad" and i roughly remembered paying 150ish (really it was less) back in the day.  the 1.36X number doesn't even take into account how much more stuff costs in general now then 10 years ago.

1 hour ago, Mac said:

Does this mean we will see this available to purchase on USA P-Bandai site soon? I just pre-ordered a metal composite Wing Zero Gundam on P-Bandai.

Highly doubtful since according to the item description page before it got taken down it says it's a ‘general store’ release and not Tamashii Web Shop exclusive.

Edited by no3Ljm

Pretty steep price increase for a repaint of an already-developed 10 year old toy with generally inferior engineering to the Delta-era toys.

I'll still end up buying one because of course I am.

Really dislike the nose though. Making it grey when the rest of the valk is white with blue/black trim really looks out of place.

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Pretty steep price increase for a repaint of an already-developed 10 year old toy with generally inferior engineering to the Delta-era toys.

Really dislike the nose though. Making it grey when the rest of the valk is white with blue/black trim really looks out of place.

$141 in 2011 would be approx $173 today, vs the current price of $192. It's a bit of an increase, but not going to complain if they're using better plastic this time. Especially with how FUBAR'd supply chains are at the moment.

7 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

i think its blue because max.  we've only recently learned he lived at least until during the frontier and delta timeframe.  the deco is reminds me of vf-1EX from delta or like you said macross the first.  also seeing the old school skull (vs. the sms bullhead skull) on a frontier era valk is cool as hell.  WWM?  coulnd't care less about it. haha  agree macross kite woulda been nice on the wings or something.

Gonna be cynical and say it’s blue cos bandai has the blue 29 also as a release option and, can save costs using the same blue paint...😆

6 hours ago, crackpot said:

Before the listing was pulled down, the description stated it was blue to symbolize the earth and its worldwide release. 

Somebody in marketing was smoking something? 😅

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

This! The nose was bugging me too..

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

No matter how much the prices increases, the outcomes are still going to be the same -- it's going to be hard to secure a preorder and it still going to sell. :rolleyes:

Gonna take the opposite side and say it might be hard to order(tho relatively much easier than the usual) on preorder day but maybe very easily available on release day and after..just because of the price and the lack(?) of a full set parts release like alto’s 29..

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, RealJayDee said:

Has the time come for the HG embargo on all valks outside Japan to end??

It depends....if you are referring to any non-SDFM/DYRL VF...yes, since the BW/HG "agreement" it was just a matter of time......

If you are referring to ALL valks including SDFM/DYRL VFs....nope.....not unless BW has allowed Bandai to play with HG or, if given permission by BW, Bandai even wants to play with HG

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Are you going to get one? 

No, sir. I'll skip this one. ;) 

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Gonna take the opposite side and say it might be hard to order(tho relatively much easier than the usual) on preorder day but maybe very easily available on release day and after..just because of the price and the lack(?) of a full set parts release like alto’s 29..

Now that you mentioned Alto's 29 release with full set parts, yeah, it would be nice as a special event that this one should come with a paired Super Parts.

2 hours ago, seti88 said:

Gonna be cynical and say it’s blue cos bandai has the blue 29 also as a release option and, can save costs using the same blue paint...😆

Somebody in marketing was smoking something? 😅

This! The nose was bugging me too..

It reminds me of the YF-29 30th anniversary version but better. Maybe they were going for some kind of Ozma/Michael-style different colored nose? But Ozma and Michael have those colors all over their units. 

20211119_104253.jpg.d628a796229b441ea8efc842425a1ee8.jpg

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No, sir. I'll skip this one. ;) 

Now that you mentioned Alto's 29 release with full set parts, yeah, it would be nice as a special event that this one should come with a paired Super Parts.

You ask too much of Bandai. :lol:

I'm  very excited to see some Frontier deculture ! I have zero issues with the grey nose. Or the price, all things considered. 
I'm planning on removing the wwm's from the front , left shoulder and both wings. Will replace with squadron and NUNS markings instead.  I'm all good with the other markings.🙂

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

That definitely is one of the best anniversary schemes they've done on any valk.

Also is it just me, or did they give this one a matte finish as well now?

It's completely subjective, but I also think it's probably the best commemorative livery. But that wasn't exactly a high bar to clear. :p

12 minutes ago, jenius said:

Is the UN Spacy kite off limits as being from SDF Macross?

I don't believe so, since it's also inherently part of Macross Plus, but I really don't know where the lines of that particular copyright battleground are drawn.  

They did advertise the YF-19 as a potential international release, and Macross Plus is getting a limited theater run in the US, so who knows at this point.

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

^ Agreed. Would've loved to see a UN Spacy kite instead of WWM

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Is the UN Spacy kite off limits as being from SDF Macross?

50 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't believe so, since it's also inherently part of Macross Plus, but I really don't know where the lines of that particular copyright battleground are drawn.  

They did advertise the YF-19 as a potential international release, and Macross Plus is getting a limited theater run in the US, so who knows at this point.

I remember the recognition the UN Spacy kite had after Macross ended the late 80's. Folks i knew of who never were into anime, started recognizing it immediately as associated with valks, mecha and such. It held its own, like a niche cultural phenomenon back in the day.

Then of course the wrangling with HG/BW minimised its visibility and the rest was history.  

Thats why when bandai did a VF-1J DX few years ago, I was more happy for the sight of the kite, because the kite was back again on a Bandai DX toy after 10-20 (or more?) years...