DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I only own own three VF-25s, all renewals: Alto's 25F, Ozma's 25S, and Michael's 25G. Of these, I only bought Super Packs for the 25G, which I have on display with the 25S. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough room in the Detolf, so Alto's 25F is snug as a bug in its box. 

1 hour ago, M'Kyuun said:

I think I'm a bit of a lone dissenter in that I don't really care for the massive Armor Pack on the VF-25. I love the 25's lanky proportions, so if I choose to armor it at all, I go with the Super Pack, which leaves most of that beautiful battroid mode bare.  I still feel the same way towards the VF-1- I never cared cared at all for the GBP armor, but I love the look of the FAST Packs. 

Unlike the GBP, I think it's cool that Kawamori designed the Armor Pack to transform with the VF-25; that was always a huge shortcoming, IMHO, of the old GBP armor.

I'm of the same mind as you @M'Kyuun I prefer the super packs as well.  I have an Ozma renewal with super packs and I much prefer that sleeker look.  I plan to get a Alto renewal, hopefully soon, and I'll get the super packs for him as well.  I'm not a big fan of the armor.  Too busy for me.

26 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Like all Bandai add-on parts, the addition of super or armor parts makes the toy less solid & secure. This applies to the 25, 27, 31, and DX VF-1. 

I guess the only exception would be the 29, but those are little more than a few bits attached to the wings. 

QFT. It's a shame, but yeah some of those armor bits can be super fiddly with only a tentative attachment to the valk- looking at the big thruster units on the VF-19 Advance's wings. Those damn things fell off with a glance.<_< so yeah, they're cool for display, but not so much for play, unfortunately. It makes you long for the sturdiness of the old 1/55 VF-1- not the most accurate thing, but it could be handled without much fear of things breaking or falling off. I think Bandai was going for that with their first DX VF-25 release, but folks today, myself included, are more collectors/displayers than folks who play with their high end toys, so the preference is for more screen/lineart accuracy over retro chunky munky playability.

2 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

I'm of the same mind as you @M'Kyuun I prefer the super packs as well.  I have an Ozma renewal with super packs and I much prefer that sleeker look.  I plan to get a Alto renewal, hopefully soon, and I'll get the super packs for him as well.  I'm not a big fan of the armor.  Too busy for me.

I feel the same way, along with obscuring the beauty of the valk.  It's like this See related image detail  plus Image result for old diving suit with guns and thrusters. 

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I mean, I always thought Samus in her suit looked cool too.

Samus' suit, while not overtly feminine looking, was still complementary.  The heavy armor pack for the VF-25 Image result for VF-25S Armored Messiah macross.fandom.com isn't. Matter of opinion, but this is bulky, busy, and unappealing next to Image result for DX renewal vf-25 messiah battroid:wub:

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yup, it's a matter of opinion. I like the extra leg, chest, and backpack bulk on the armored VF-25. Though fighter is the best mode for it, looks like it's from an old SHMUP arcade game.

I haven't heard the term "SHMUP" in years!  My favorite types of games :wub:

• 6 months later...

The more I look at it, hmmm...the implementation of the design seems a bit lazy to me. Why blue or why just only blue on some parts? 

WWM is bugging me. Not so much the lettering but rather the vagueness(?). Should have put 40 or a kite emblem in there somewhere instead.

I get why some folks are digging it. Skull emblem, check. Modern sleek design, check.

Plus it looks similar to the macross the first valk design scheme somehow. Especially on the fuselage leading to wing areas.

Edited by seti88

i think its blue because max.  we've only recently learned he lived at least until during the frontier and delta timeframe.  the deco is reminds me of vf-1EX from delta or like you said macross the first.  also seeing the old school skull (vs. the sms bullhead skull) on a frontier era valk is cool as hell.  WWM?  coulnd't care less about it. haha  agree macross kite woulda been nice on the wings or something.