DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

1 minute ago, jeniusornome said:

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mickyg said:

Wow @Lolicon!  Amazing work!

Had I not seen the custom pain mix for the RVF, I'd have had no idea that you were actually repainting these as well as just weathering.  Very, very nice job.

Thanks lol but I'm not repainting the whole thing. Just touching up the numerous paint chips and scrapes and overall sloppy paint application of Bandai's toys from this time period. The RVF was especially bad and needed touching up almost everywhere.

I'll probably tackle the VF-27 next, once I get some more supplies. In the mean time I'm just slapping together a RG gunpla for fun and putting as little effort as I can into it. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, Saburo said:

The DX Chogokin Ozma (Renewal) is still holding together, but needs a little help standing with Armored Parts but still looks awesome. 

51114613976_0fe71fbf7d_h.jpg

I really wanted a Hikaru red scheme on Armored VF-25S Messiah. :wub:

51114613976_0fe71fbf7d_h_RED.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

9 hours ago, Saburo said:

The DX Chogokin Ozma (Renewal) is still holding together, but needs a little help standing with Armored Parts but still looks awesome. 

One of my favorite designs (The Ozma itself).  I feel though that I prefer the sleeker look of the super packs as opposed to the armor sets.  I only have an armor set for my VF-31S and that thing is ridiculously big.  It looks cool but maybe a little too busy for me.  

9 hours ago, Bolt said:

Nice! Still one of my all time favorite heavy hitters.

Thank you @Bolt, I appreciate it.  I am with you, Ozma is one of my favorites. 

8 hours ago, aurance said:

I love that cute Godzilla in the background. :lol:

Thanks @aurance, Godzilla is my assistant and he will probably make appearances in these casual shots. :D

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I really wanted a Hikaru red scheme on Armored VF-25S Messiah. :wub:

51114613976_0fe71fbf7d_h_RED.jpg

@no3Ljm great photoshop work!  You didn’t want to color match the color coordinated pillow in the background? :lol:

2 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

One of my favorite designs (The Ozma itself).  I feel though that I prefer the sleeker look of the super packs as opposed to the armor sets.  I only have an armor set for my VF-31S and that thing is ridiculously big.  It looks cool but maybe a little too busy for me.  

@Special Sauce, When it comes to over design for the VF-25, the Super Parts are my favorite pack. For the 31 Armored part, I agree they are cool but the design is busy. 

4 hours ago, Saburo said:

@no3Ljm great photoshop work!  You didn’t want to color match the color coordinated pillow in the background? :lol:

It actually did along with the eyes. I just masked it. Don't want everyone think that the Dino is 'high' on Valk with the red eyes. :rofl: 

On 4/13/2021 at 10:37 PM, Saburo said:

Ozma looking good @Saburo!

I think Gojira approves, or is ready to pounce, maybe both lol

-b.

On 4/14/2021 at 8:49 PM, Kanedas Bike said:

Ozma looking good @Saburo!

I think Gojira approves, or is ready to pounce, maybe both lol

-b.

Thank you @Kanedas Bike.  The DX Ozma is getting old, and surprising he’s still holding together pretty well.  Needs a bit of tightening up.

You can never tell what Gojira is up to, he just shows up in the photos.  :lol:

On 4/17/2021 at 2:19 PM, Slave IV said:

Yeah, if they do a reissue with fixes like the 29, I’m in. Otherwise, I’ll just enjoy the pics shared. 

Same here, I can't bring myself to pay the current secondary market prices but the Ozma is my favorite. Hope they do a reissue with matte finish and armor parts! 

On 4/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, Saburo said:

Thank you @Kanedas Bike.  The DX Ozma is getting old, and surprising he’s still holding together pretty well.  Needs a bit of tightening up.

You can never tell what Gojira is up to, he just shows up in the photos.  :lol:

One of these days I'm going to have to take mine out of Fighter with the Armor Parts attached. I'm just afraid to see if it turned into a floppy mess after all of these years! :lol:

-b.

15 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

One of these days I'm going to have to take mine out of Fighter with the Armor Parts attached. I'm just afraid to see if it turned into a floppy mess after all of these years! :lol:

-b.

haha, might interesting to do that just to see how it is holding up. :D

On 4/25/2021 at 4:39 PM, Saburo said:

The rest of the SMS have gotten their maintenance checks, checked for stress marks, tightened up joints and cleaned up. 

Ready to be suited up. :D

VF25_maintenance_001.png

Fantastic! Still love how much of the 25 is an homage to the VF-1.

23 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Ah I see they're all modeling this season's hottest new crotch plates. :D

Good eye!!!

:lol: :lol:

20 hours ago, Saburo said:

They are ready for summer, Mecha Speedos. :lol:

That's the South Beach look lol

-b.

Ugh.. I still wish I could get a spare crotch plate for my 25G.  Came missing from the factory, and of course Bandai doesn't do replacement parts. <_<

Not a big deal if I use the super packs, but I've never liked those plain gray pieces at all, since they seem so out of place.  In the end, I just scavenged the crotch from my YF-25, since the blues are close enough to my eye.

23 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

so sick!!!

Thank you @orbitalharvest.

4 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Fantastic! Still love how much of the 25 is an homage to the VF-1.

Good eye!!!

:lol: :lol:

That's the South Beach look lol

-b.

@Kanedas Bike The South Beach look :lol:, also that the European look too. :lol:

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Ugh.. I still wish I could get a spare crotch plate for my 25G.  Came missing from the factory, and of course Bandai doesn't do replacement parts. <_<

Not a big deal if I use the super packs, but I've never liked those plain gray pieces at all, since they seem so out of place.  In the end, I just scavenged the crotch from my YF-25, since the blues are close enough to my eye.

@Chronocidal, that sucks having the piece missing from the factory.  Hope you are able to find a replacement. 

2 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thank you @orbitalharvest.

@Kanedas Bike The South Beach look :lol:, also that the European look too. :lol:

@Chronocidal, that sucks having the piece missing from the factory.  Hope you are able to find a replacement. 

I've long since given up on that, Bandai doesn't give two shakes about those sorts of things, and the store I bought it from informed me of that.

I'm really not all that upset trading the one from the YF-25 actually, since I like the color scheme better, and I've got no plans to display the YF in any mode but fighter anyhow. ^_^  It's just a minor irritation, and really would only detract from the value if I wanted to re-sell it.. which I have no plans on doing.

I think I'm a bit of a lone dissenter in that I don't really care for the massive Armor Pack on the VF-25. I love the 25's lanky proportions, so if I choose to armor it at all, I go with the Super Pack, which leaves most of that beautiful battroid mode bare.  I still feel the same way towards the VF-1- I never cared cared at all for the GBP armor, but I love the look of the FAST Packs. 

Unlike the GBP, I think it's cool that Kawamori designed the Armor Pack to transform with the VF-25; that was always a huge shortcoming, IMHO, of the old GBP armor.

10 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

I think I'm a bit of a lone dissenter in that I don't really care for the massive Armor Pack on the VF-25. I love the 25's lanky proportions, so if I choose to armor it at all, I go with the Super Pack, which leaves most of that beautiful battroid mode bare.  I still feel the same way towards the VF-1- I never cared cared at all for the GBP armor, but I love the look of the FAST Packs. 

Unlike the GBP, I think it's cool that Kawamori designed the Armor Pack to transform with the VF-25; that was always a huge shortcoming, IMHO, of the old GBP armor.

Originally, when I intended to get a VF-25, I had wanted either the Armored pack or the Super pack, in that order of preference.  I loved the brutish heavily armed look the Armored pack gave the fighter in the animation.  I also loved the general aesthetic of the Super pack enhanced fighter.

Then I finally got my Renewal VF-25 (an Alto version).  I handled it in it's un-armor-adorned form.  I swooshed it around.  I really grew to appreciate it in it's "nude" state, so much so that I reconsidered my interest in the enhancement packs.

Nope, you're not alone.  While I'd still like to get one or both of those armor packs, I no longer see them as must haves.  In fact, I'm more than happy with my unarmored VF-25.  In fact, I have a hard time imagining that it would be fun to handle with all that extra stuff on it.

22 minutes ago, GabrielV said:

Originally, when I intended to get a VF-25, I had wanted either the Armored pack or the Super pack, in that order of preference.  I loved the brutish heavily armed look the Armored pack gave the fighter in the animation.  I also loved the general aesthetic of the Super pack enhanced fighter.

Then I finally got my Renewal VF-25 (an Alto version).  I handled it in it's un-armor-adorned form.  I swooshed it around.  I really grew to appreciate it in it's "nude" state, so much so that I reconsidered my interest in the enhancement packs.

Nope, you're not alone.  While I'd still like to get one or both of those armor packs, I no longer see them as must haves.  In fact, I'm more than happy with my unarmored VF-25.  In fact, I have a hard time imagining that it would be fun to handle with all that extra stuff on it.

I have altos’s 25 “nude” in my bedroom.  I just dig it that way

Like all Bandai add-on parts, the addition of super or armor parts makes the toy less solid & secure. This applies to the 25, 27, 31, and DX VF-1. 

I guess the only exception would be the 29, but those are little more than a few bits attached to the wings.