DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

6 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I thought Luca only had the little probe-thingy on one of the boosters, not both? 

Now that I think about it, I remember antenna/probe on Luca's Messiah, but i can't remember if there were 2. :unknw: 2 looks good though.

5 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Alright @Saburo you convinced me to finally finish up the SMS Skull Squadron. :acute:

haha, time to finish up SMS Skull Squadron. :lol:

Interesting comparison---I didn't know Ozma's were a shade darker/bluer.   Also, I suspected but wasn't sure until now that the CF ones had the same "inverted" color-pattern as Michael's.  (really only noticeable on hip and chest pieces, but also present on the booster tips)  

On 5/26/2020 at 9:02 PM, Saburo said:

49940193761_863ca4582d_h.jpg

Awesome pic!

Well, I said I was going to finish the SMS squadron, and that's what I'm going to do. 

VF-25G WIP. Now I remember why I put off doing this for so long. Bandai valks are a PITA to deal with. :vava:

1704904785_VF-25GWIP01.jpg.a02e8a7a95eec7108c0111e93c3b48a9.jpg

1298941657_VF-25GWIP02.jpg.ee56c217e8471b5a88a95b0aaf05aeab.jpg

After this one, there's still the RVF to do... :mellow:

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Awesome pic!

Well, I said I was going to finish the SMS squadron, and that's what I'm going to do. 

VF-25G WIP. Now I remember why I put off doing this for so long. Bandai valks are a PITA to deal with. :vava:

Thank you @Lolicon!

Very nice shot of of the components of the VF-25G and you weathered 25G looks awesome, great work! :good:

On 5/28/2020 at 6:04 PM, Lolicon said:

Awesome pic!

1704904785_VF-25GWIP01.jpg.a02e8a7a95eec7108c0111e93c3b48a9.jpg

1298941657_VF-25GWIP02.jpg.ee56c217e8471b5a88a95b0aaf05aeab.jpg

Weathering looking good on that 25G @Lolicon

Outstanding as usual, @Lolicon!!

11 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

What do you use to tighten them?

There's two parts to the shoulders which both get loose real fast, if not already loose out of the box.

There's the ball and socket joint which can be tightened up by just brushing a layer of clear nail polish over the ball.

Then there's the inner hinge joint which moves the shoulder up and down. I carefully put a drop of super glue into the hinge so it would flow in between the hinges and then just moved the joint up and down so the super glue won't freeze it in place. The joint is nice and tight once the glue sets.

1596412026_RVF-25shoulderhinge.jpg.66b2adf1f05c26514dff2b8181ad3b6d.jpg

Edited by Lolicon

13 hours ago, chyll2 said:

yeah, RVF is next. Then Squad shot :yahoo:

Getting there.

1174177271_RVF-25WIP02.jpg.e4195136e799e6eeb87e3927df12f0b4.jpg

Had to do lots of touch ups for all the paint chips, scratches, and overall kinda crappy production quality of Bandai's releases of this period, in addition to fixing a lot of joints. :vava:

645350514_RVF-25WIP03.jpg.4f9d86490f1b0adfa9d76ea06d347dd7.jpg

17 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Did not quite noticed on the 25G at first glance, but glad that you are marking them with proper aircraft decals. What are you using to decal them up?

Oh I've got a gigantic stash of decals I've been stockpiling over the years from anywhere I could get them, including printing some of my own.

Pretty much done now. Just need to apply the final top coat, but I'll have to wait till tonight to do that, when the humidity is lower. :hi:

1292363725_RVF-25WIP04.jpg.e1e279bf423c1b1b8a6d6f8f81039e39.jpg

Hey where did you get those clips on the sticks and that cardboard base?  What is it called?  I've been trying to look for something like that but don't know what to search for?

22 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Hey where did you get those clips on the sticks and that cardboard base?  What is it called?  I've been trying to look for something like that but don't know what to search for?

They're just paint bases. You can buy them at most hobby shops. (And yes, they're pretty much the same thing as those cardboard scratchers made for cats, just cheaper.)

https://www.hlj.com/large-paint-unit-2pcs-ylsppc-n08

The clips are also widely available.

https://www.hlj.com/useful-paint-clips-large-ylsppc-n11

Given the current shipping situation, I would find a domestic shop since the shipping is will be way more than the items (unless you combine shipping in PW like I did). Or just get a cat scratcher. :lol:

for the base for the clips, the brown box that we receive can be repurposed like that. Just cut in the correct crosssection and size then put those tightly on a box or tape it. The clips though, better buy it on hobby store unless you can find mini alligator clips that has less spring or biting force.

quick question: does the v1 non renewal version have tornado set?

When I buy a tornado set, do I need to (and how) to make cure or check that it is for the renewal version?