DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

From a fun factor and design perspective, I still vastly prefer my '25s to the more modern valks.  Looks absolutely killer with FP's, AP's TP too.  I only wish that more of the parts locked in gerwalk and battroid (though fighter is plenty secure).

Great running pose! I don't think I can recall ever seeing that in pictures before. 

I can echo everything said so far. It really is a great design. Just wish we'd gotten that matte finish a little sooner than we did and that it was on the 25 design. It really is the first thing you notice when you compare the 25s to anything Bandai has released since the YF-30. 

Edited by mickyg
Didn't want anyone thinking there was a factory matte finish frontier valk

2 hours ago, Foblander said:

Kuma Style, your photos have me wanting to pick up a renewal VF-25. I've always like the VF-25 design. How do you like it compared to the VF-19 and VF-1 DX toys? And does anyone think Bandai will ever do a version 3.0 for the Frontier Valks or is 2.0 probably as far as we will get?

I would rather bandai start making variable fighter from other series. We need YF-21 now.  And VF-1 in same scale as other DX chogokin. 

Edited by t040484

5 hours ago, t040484 said:

Does anyone here ever try to use the model kit weapon with their DX chogokin? I just bought Alto's armored messiah, and it comes with sniper rifle. So i thought of giving it to my DX chogokin. 

You can try. However, the model kit scale is 1/72 so expect the Sniper Rifle to be a little bit smaller for the DX size.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, anyone ever tried putting the gallia fold set on the renewal vf-25? Especially the speaker pods? I can't find any reviews online anywhere. Will it fit? Need to know before i buy it. Thanks

Somewhere buried in here or another thread someone has the speaker pods mounted. Let me see if I can find it.

@Jaustin89 created a custom adapter for the Fold Booster. Though I'm not sure if he has adapters for the Speaker Pods. Here's his link to Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/jaustin89-s-shop

@Jaustin89 created a custom adapter for the Fold Booster. Though I'm not sure if he has adapters for the Speaker Pods. Here's his link to Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/jaustin89-s-shop

The speaker pods use the same mounts as the VF-25 missiles where they clip to the front of the wings; no adapter needed (I don't think I ever mounted the speakers but I have some of the missiles from the Ver.1 missile set on my renewal RVF-25.)

The speaker pods use the same mounts as the VF-25 missiles where they clip to the front of the wings; no adapter needed (I don't think I ever mounted the speakers but I have some of the missiles from the Ver.1 missile set on my renewal RVF-25.)

Okay thanks for the explanation. I will get that booster set now. 

Funny this should come out now. I had posted the same question around two years ago when I also considered getting the Gallia 4 set as well. I eventually did get the Gallia 4 set from Jungle but never really had the time to see if the speaker pods could mount on the wings of a renewal VF-25. All of my Renewal Frontier Valks, along with the Gallia 4 set are currently boxed away with a good majority of my collection for safekeeping from my two-year old son (who, God-willing, will inherit all of this stuff eventually). :lol:

Glad to see that I didn't waste my money, and that the speaker pods do mount on the renewals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:11 AM, wmkjr said:

Here it is courtesy Duymon:

post-25-0-57528700-1363996683_thumb.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, t040484 said:

Okay thanks for the explanation. I will get that booster set now. 

I came across a couple of good deals IMO on Mandarake for the Gallia 4 set, and an unopened, box damaged super parts set. Both were from the same shop, and together they came to 8,000 yen shipped via SAL.

While I did not care for the fold booster at all, I was happy to have the speaker set to recreate the scene in ep 12 (as Duymon did), for 2.5k yen.

9 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

While I did not care for the fold booster at all, I was happy to have the speaker set to recreate the scene in ep 12 (as Duymon did), for 2.5k yen

That’s so funny to me. I was the opposite, didn’t care for the speakers at all, but love the fold booster..

4ADF818E-5F63-4031-865D-8E6FC9D00233.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...