DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

5 hours ago, brouken said:

Are they re-issuing the Renewal Messiahs? How come Alto's DX VF-25F is on display along with the DX YF-19?

https://twitter.com/T_KOTEN_Q/status/1038599921073410049

Was wondering that myself.  I'd definitely be in for a reissue of the vf-25f.  I've been looking around for one, but I'm a little hesitant to drop that kind of cash on a toy that is almost 7 years old.  I'm more worried about durability and looseness than the actual design.

I'd be down for one, even if it is a straight re-issue.  Maybe the would try to add the vf-31 ratcheting hips to the vf-25?

I already have all of them but if a reissue VF-25 for the anniversary gets them to also release the Vajra then that would be cool.  I’ll also welcome Valkyries and enemies from Macross Frontier for HMR as well.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

I’d be down for one, even if it is a straight re-issue.  Maybe the would try to add the vf-31 ratcheting hips to the vf-25?

I’d buy another 25A if Bandai did that. 

On 9/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, brouken said:

Are they re-issuing the Renewal Messiahs? How come Alto's DX VF-25F is on display along with the DX YF-19?

https://twitter.com/T_KOTEN_Q/status/1038599921073410049

No reissue. That's from the Mitsukoshi Department store gallery/cafe. It runs from Sept 5-17. Check it out the speaker pod cast's website for more info:

http://www.decultureshock.com/macross-macross-f-cafe-art-gallery/

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick question:

I'm looking at two YJA auctions for the VF-25 Renewal Armor Parts (one F, one S), and they've both reached ~25k yen. Is that close to what they typically go for nowadays? I'd have expected something closer to 10k, maybe 15k, more akin to other expansion parts sets.

(They end tomorrow morning in case you're interested.)

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/p638143712

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h347559578

When I got into this hobby a few years back, it was sitting at 18,000 yen for MISB. Then the ozma got reissued (at the time of announcement, all Armor pack in Mandarake got sold out lol), Alto got reissued a lot, then the normal price became 32,000 yen.

From time to time, Mandarake will have those from 22,000 yen to 28,000 yen for opened version. Currently, Ozma has a higher price than Alto's Armor pack.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Arkham said:

Quick question. Are we supposed to unscrew and expose the joint to apply the nail polish, or we kinda make it drip down the joint?

The best way is to drip the polish into the joint and then move the joint around to get it all coated. Then leave it alone to dry. Repeat if necessary. 

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Looking good there @Kuma Style  Bring on those Super Parts! :D

Thanks! It's going to be a while,  man. knocking iut this whole "vanilla" gallery and then hoping to do the super parts after.

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Watch out for yellowing, one of my three VF-25F renewals already has some yellowing.

How do you even watch out for that? My stuff is displayed in cases and the lights in then are switch activated and LEDs.

6 hours ago, Kuma Style said:

Thanks! It's going to be a while,  man. knocking iut this whole "vanilla" gallery and then hoping to do the super parts after.

How do you even watch out for that? My stuff is displayed in cases and the lights in then are switch activated and LEDs.

By keeping an eye on your 25F and how it reacts to temperature and direct sunlight.  When most people reported the issue I think it occurred during higher temps and being exposed to sunlight. 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Noice!!! :good:

You're also planning on getting its Armored Pack? Not sure if you already mentioned it so I was just asking.

I'm torn tbh. I absolutely love the fighter mode on this and may display it this way long term tbh. We'll see though. 

2 minutes ago, Kuma Style said:

I'm torn tbh. I absolutely love the fighter mode on this and may display it this way long term tbh. We'll see though. 

No worries sir. Though I'm hoping @Saburo's pic will persuade you on getting it. :rolleyes:

15333726481_8fcd65a709_b.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm