DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

So I finally have time to open up the Michael renewal VF-25G, man its a floppy mess! (1 shoulder supper floppy, both leg semi-floppy) I don't remember my VF-25G V1 was this floppy, my Alto renewal version is solid as rock on joints, that definitely put a stop for me on getting luca or ozma renewal version consider how expensive they are to get grrrrr

3 minutes ago, barurutor said:

Hmm, was it MISB when you got it? I'd bought  a BIB 25G renewal before and it wasn't super floppy (I don't think the previous owner transformed it at all though). Maybe the nail polish trick for the joints will help.

Yeah it was sealed and unopened,  I guess I need to buy nail polish to get joints firmer, it mainly the joint connecting to the body that is floppy

9 hours ago, ntsan said:

So I finally have time to open up the Michael renewal VF-25G, man its a floppy mess! (1 shoulder supper floppy, both leg semi-floppy) I don't remember my VF-25G V1 was this floppy, my Alto renewal version is solid as rock on joints, that definitely put a stop for me on getting luca or ozma renewal version consider how expensive they are to get grrrrr

If I remember correctly, the first 2-3 releases of the Renewals were a little more prone to have the floppy joints on the original run. Once they reissued them the joints were tighter imo. Unfortunately Bandai didn't reissue the VF-25G, but the reissued copies of the VF-25F and VF-25S were pretty good for me as far as tight joints go.  

In any case, if the joints are not up to your satisfaction I would use the clear nail polish or future polish trick. I did it to one of my VF-25G's and it worked a treat.

33 minutes ago, Loop said:

If I remember correctly, the first 2-3 releases of the Renewals were a little more prone to have the floppy joints on the original run. Once they reissued them the joints were tighter imo. Unfortunately Bandai didn't reissue the VF-25G, but the reissued copies of the VF-25F and VF-25S were pretty good for me as far as tight joints go.  

In any case, if the joints are not up to your satisfaction I would use the clear nail polish or future polish trick. I did it to one of my VF-25G's and it worked a treat.

Thanks for the info! Is that why vf25g fetch higher price than s and f? Cos it only 1 run off?

Just now, ntsan said:

Thanks for the info! Is that why vf25g fetch higher price than s and f? Cos it only 1 run off?

Yeah, there are lower numbers in the wild. I had a hard time getting the ones that I have for a reasonable price.

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't figure out how to search for something within a particular thread.

So I just got some renewal VF-25F super parts and was really disappointed with how they fit on the legs. The hip armors like to fall off at the slightest touch (which anymoon.com does make mention of). The calve armors, especially the left, don't peg together very well and keep popping apart from each other, even when they aren't on the valk. I shaved a little bit off of one of the pegs which helped a little but I don't want to do any more for fear that I might then make them too loose.

It's very frustrating. It took me forever to get it displayed without something falling off. I don't have any of these issues with my VF-25A super parts, which fit perfectly. When comparing the fit of the two it was like comparing a legit product to a KO or resin kit.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue with the 25F? If so, was it only an issue with that model or do others also have the same issue?

On 6/10/2017 at 6:47 PM, Sildani said:

The 25A is good and tight. Bandai had learned by then. 

The YF-25 I popped out of the box also has very very good joints, it holds all my poses.

28 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't figure out how to search for something within a particular thread.

So I just got some renewal VF-25F super parts and was really disappointed with how they fit on the legs. The hip armors like to fall off at the slightest touch (which anymoon.com does make mention of). The calve armors, especially the left, don't peg together very well and keep popping apart from each other, even when they aren't on the valk. I shaved a little bit off of one of the pegs which helped a little but I don't want to do any more for fear that I might then make them too loose.

It's very frustrating. It took me forever to get it displayed without something falling off. I don't have any of these issues with my VF-25A super parts, which fit perfectly. When comparing the fit of the two it was like comparing a legit product to a KO or resin kit.

So I was wondering if anyone else had this same issue with the 25F? If so, was it only an issue with that model or do others also have the same issue?

I swear there were some revisions to the super parts on the later runs that concern the hip intake armor. I would have to dig them out but I think they added something to help them stay on better. I could also just be making stuff up as it was so long ago when I got the 25's.

Thanks for the confirmation, I was pretty sure but couldn't confirm, when you get older sometimes things slip :lol: 

Honestly I haven't played with any of my 25's in a long long time.

Edited by Loop

5 hours ago, jenius said:

You are correct, after the VF-25F and 25S super parts, the hip armor was revised so that you have to pop out the compressor cover and it pegs in.

Ohh looks like the VF-25G superpart I got is the revised one.  It hard to know where you got the later revision or early ones.

3 hours ago, mzhao3 said:

I wonder if they'll do reissues any time soon or make an updated mold. I wouldn't mind getting some extra copies! The 25 is such a great looking plane!

With new Macross anime coming next year I really doubt they gonna reissue any Frontier stuff, I do like the VF-25 more than VF-31 though, but toy wise VF-31 is much improved over VF-25 era

With the 35th Anniversary coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai made a new 25 for that. I'm just not expecting it. 

I also think, if it's made, it'll be in a strange "35th Birthday of Macross!!" scheme that no one will like. ;)

26 minutes ago, Sildani said:

With the 35th Anniversary coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if Bandai made a new 25 for that. I'm just not expecting it. 

I also think, if it's made, it'll be in a strange "35th Birthday of Macross!!" scheme that no one will like. ;)

I am expecting a bundle release, just to milk that molds one last time. Though that is more of a wishful thinking.

Anyway, the 25 can still hold or maybe even more popular than the 31, so I am okay with a V3 (VF-31 or newer technology for a 25 toy)

I'd like to see Arcadia get the license for 1/60 Frontier toys and take a crack at the VF-25. It'll cost more for sure, but it would be nice to get non-crooked wings, working hardpoints, more restrained use of die cast, better locking mechanisms, joints that don't go floppy after one transformation, a decent looking pilot, white landing gears, etc.

Just please please please tampo print at least the same markings as Bandai! Don't make me buy a "premium" version for that! <_<

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

I'd like to see Arcadia get the license for 1/60 Frontier toys and take a crack at the VF-25. It'll cost more for sure, but it would be nice to get non-crooked wings, working hardpoints, more restrained use of die cast, better locking mechanisms, joints that don't go floppy after one transformation, a decent looking pilot, white landing gears, etc.

Just please please please tampo print at least the same markings as Bandai! Don't make me buy a "premium" version for that! <_<

it'll also have ankles that go limp if you move them, spindly chicken hands, pink-white plastic, a massive sticker sheet, a gimmick that was in the show for 3 seconds that totally breaks the toy, and at least one part that breaks on 75% of the first two releases.

Edited by anime52k8

4 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

it'll also have ankles that go limp if you move them, spindly chicken hands, pink-white plastic, a massive sticker sheet, a gimmick that was in the show for 3 seconds that totally breaks the toy, and at least one part that breaks on 75% of the first two releases.

LOL! That was actually pretty funny.

5 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Yep, I for one have sworn off Arcadia - just priced themselves out of my budget for the blank toys that just don't seem worth it for me.  I hate transforming any of my Arcadias, they are either too stiff with all that plastic that seems like I will break something.  I have to put so many hours into them to get them to look half-way decent that I just don't have that time anymore, especially after how much they fleeced me for.  Their panel lines are just too thin and inconsistent to hold a proper wash.  They have no tampo and when they do a little, they want to charge $100 extra!  Nope, I for one am happy to have Bandai pick up the mantle!

I've been fortunate with my Yamato/Arcadia releases. I've had far more problems with Bandai valkyries over the years. Those issues are well-documented too. :p

Bandai toys can get pretty expensive too. :p

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/18150-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31j-siegfried-hayate-immelman-custom.html

My biggest beef is the lack of tampo because I hate stickers. Have to spend time and money scrounging for decals wherever I can.

Edited by Lolicon

1 hour ago, mickyg said:

This is actually the first time I'm hearing of the differences in the super parts.  I thought they were all the same.  I'm glad I modded a G set for my F, now that I know.

I really don't know what they are talking about. I am surprised that there were differences. I also modded a G super to a non-canon alto scheme.

I never reviewed a bunch of VF-25 renewal accessories. I'm sure someone will beat me to it since I'm about to go on vacation but when I come back I'll pull everything out and take a few pics of the change. They just took the same mechanism used for the armor parts and did it on the super parts but since the 25F and 25S super parts came out before the 25F and 25S armored parts, those ones have a flimsier connection.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy to report that the one 25A I have in Battroid mode is pretty solid. I'll consider myself lucky.

Not comparing it to the 31 (haven't transformed mine) but the hip, leg, and shoulder joints are still nice and tight.

*Edit, I think I may have misunderstood the comment about flimsy (sorry!!!), meaning the 31 has overall better construction and feel - in which case I think the overall consensus is that the 31 is a better release than the 25

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

16 hours ago, Mommar said:

I just took one of my 25A's off the shelf to fuss with after leaving it for more than a year.  My God, what a clunky, flimsy POS compared to how the 31's feel now.

Took mine out recently too and noticed the left side shoulder joint(?) is so loose that the arm flops back anytime I move the battroid. Anyone know a way to fix it? I can't see any obvious screws to tighten.

Edited by Sandman