DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

i wish they had made specific VF-25A cannon fodder Armor Parts.. Fitting Ozma's ones just wouldn't be quite right. Let alone buying an additional set for silly money seeing I ain't pulling them off his Valkyrie..

I know the feeling. Generic armored parts would be awesome.

Back in the day Alto Armored parts were dirt cheap because there were no reissue VF-25 renewals back then and nobody liked the idea of paying 300+ bucks for an Alto 25F

I made a set of custom parts from those and use them on either my VF-25G, YF-25 or VF-25A depending on my mood

post-25-0-77991000-1357362123_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

It helps that the armor sets are far less "color-matched" than the super parts, so there's not a whole lot that needs to be changed.

Having a look at the set I have fitted to Ozma, the yellow highlighted parts I'd probably even leave as is. Its just the "001" markings that would have to painted over or altered.

I would say they are relatively easy to remove. However due to the high parts count it will take a while to get them replaced. The most annoying part are the attachment of the massive wing boosters and the fact that the chest plate likes to pop off during handling. There are also delicate parts, like the mounts for the reaction missiles, so you need to be focused when handling them.

I would say they are relatively easy to remove. However due to the high parts count it will take a while to get them replaced. The most annoying part are the attachment of the massive wing boosters and the fact that the chest plate likes to pop off during handling. There are also delicate parts, like the mounts for the reaction missiles, so you need to be focused when handling them.

that's why I won't be removing Ozma's armors for the foreseeable future! Its just too fiddly and time consuming.. I'd rather buy a second VF-25S to display a different way to be honest..

that's why I won't be removing Ozma's armors for the foreseeable future! Its just too fiddly and time consuming.. I'd rather buy a second VF-25S to display a different way to be honest..

Yup! That's why I have 3 (or was it 4?) Ozmas and 6 Altos. :o

My sentiments egzegackily =)

I finally got some super parts for Alto! Ozma is supposed to get here tomorrow. Fingers crossed :D

post-31310-0-38934800-1463624727_thumb.jpg

Armors are popping off everywhere, probably because this is a opened item from Mandarake SAHRA. Wonder how different it would be if I splurge for a non-opened one?

I finally got some super parts for Alto! Ozma is supposed to get here tomorrow. Fingers crossed :D

attachicon.gifVTMrg3z.jpg

Armors are popping off everywhere, probably because this is a opened item from Mandarake SAHRA. Wonder how different it would be if I splurge for a non-opened one?

Still the same. Opened or unopened. ;) The thing with this add-on parts is that once you pop it in, don't touch it anymore. :lol:

Probably the same. I bought unopened stuff at Mandarake as well. All are in good condition.

Still the same. Opened or unopened. ;) The thing with this add-on parts is that once you pop it in, don't touch it anymore. :lol:

Ah figured as much. I was tempted to try an opened item from Mandarake. It was going for 12kY, but man this thing is pristine! Somehow I feel like buying an opened one in Mandarake is better because they could check if there are defects or not :p

New or Used the early supers will pop off like hell.

The Also and Ozma Super Armors have a retarded Thigh design that just holds on with two teeny weeny nubs while the Later Super parts use the same intake snap-in like the armored parts.

Edited by Duymon

Ah figured as much. I was tempted to try an opened item from Mandarake. It was going for 12kY, but man this thing is pristine! Somehow I feel like buying an opened one in Mandarake is better because they could check if there are defects or not :p

Normally even their "used" goods are in very good condition, unless it is something really noticeable. I only have my YF-25, but I have a large collection of Myth Cloths (Saint Seiya) and normally their "used stuff" is basically new.

I only buy P-bandai gunpla kits from Mandarake, first time experience getting opened figures from them. I find it amazing how well the Japanese take care of their figs.

post-31310-0-22319300-1463716381_thumb.jpg

I am itching to get the -25G and RVF-25 :lol:

Edited by in2seconds

Ever wondered what our Naked DXes would look like with missiles, like they do in Macross 30? I always wanted to do a mod since the VF-25 in canon doesn't have any internal missiles whatsoever.

macross-30-imagen-i309448-i.jpg

Luckily, I have an abundance of weapon parts and YF-25's so I gave it a shot.

I figure you can use Kurisama's hardpoints for easier weapon swapping but I decided to just trim the pylons down, get a pin-vise and pin each set of missiles to the wing for a super secure connection.

hln41V1.jpgSZvoyMN.jpgUjQbLYI.jpgqDq0QFo.jpgFo9Frxe.jpg

Edited by Duymon

I use Flory's model wash for all my panel lining, followed by an acryl clear coat.

Flory's is the bomb. It's clay based and flows super well. Simply brush it on, then after dry gently clean up the mess with a wet paper towel. It is way safer to use than traditional solvent-based washes which could harm the delicate paint bandai uses

http://www.florymodels.co.uk/

Edited by Duymon

I finished two MGs and figured I'd also panel wash Alto's valk. I used Tamiya enamels and butane for clean-up. I also colour matched the valk's colours, what I found is:

Grey - Tamiya NATO Black

Red - Mr. Color GX Red

Black - Mr. Color GX Black

I found out the grey the hard way because I had to fix the paint scratch that happened after the first transformation :lol:

post-31310-0-73296300-1463978888_thumb.jpg

I also flatcoated this guy with Alclad Klear Kote. I prefer flat over gloss because flat hides the imperfections of the surface and is less of a fingerprint magnet. Downside is the coat can scratch very easily by the stand adapter.

post-31310-0-30069300-1463978930_thumb.jpg

Two MGs in question. These took two years to build due to my chronic procrastination syndrome :p

Edited by in2seconds