DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Say no to crack! Sorry, someone had to say it.

Crack is wack! :p ... What?... Too soon? :ph34r:

hehe! you guys crack me up! :D

sorry.. had to.. :p

Sheesh! you all crack me up! ....I've got nothing.. <_<

Hope someone will post any remedies on this one soon. I also have the same issue with my Alto's. :unsure:

Yeah, me to. Kinda one of the annoyances of the 25R's.

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

Personally, I disassembled that part (it's easy since there's a screw). Then I applied a layer super glue to the joint and put it back together. The hinge was tight afterwards.

I did that and the joint was tight as if it was new (put a little rubber in it)! But its the pin connecting to the joint thats loose.

post-21335-0-69157300-1422648927_thumb.jpg

Heres the shoulder hinge, I dare not take it off cause its a real pain to put it back together. Any advice on how to tighten it? and that is NOT a crack.

Joint "A" I was able to tighten up this joint a bit by adding a clear coat to ball joint and tightening the screw..

Joint "B" Cant quite remember if there is a screw or a pin in this joint.. Although I haven't had an issue with this joint. yet..

Joint "C" I managed to remove the pin and attempted to fit in a replacement but it wouldn't fit so well so I managed to expand the original pin ever so slightly and pushed it back in the joint and it seemed to work. Removing and replacing this pin is a total prick of a thing to do..

This whole area is just a weak point of the 25.. not necessarily a "bad" design, just poorly manufactured. I would say due to the complexity of the design in order for it to transform as accurately as possible that this was the best compromise.

But clearly manufacturing tolerances were not as closely refined as needed.

This whole area is just a weak point of the 25.. not necessarily a "bad" design, just poorly manufactured. I would say due to the complexity of the design in order for it to transform as accurately as possible that this was the best compromise.

But clearly manufacturing tolerances were not as closely refined as needed.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. It is a complicated design to, But they probably could have done a little better on it. I mean, look at the PG Gundams over complicated shoulders. There not perfect, but the at least don't ware out so quickly.

you cant really compare it with PG gundam, it is both bigger and less complex design to be represented accurately. For Joint C, I just put a drop of clear varnish or pledge/future. Move it around so the whole pin gets covered. The effect though wears out fast so if you can do a similar fix like what spanner said, then that is the better solution

So I finally got my hands on a Detolf which is to be dedicated to my Valkyries. :)

This has precipitated the removal from the box of my VF-25G (only the second but probably the last time)

Now I grant you I have limited experience transforming these things,

but holy crap the hips were tight as a tight thing!! :o

the left shoulder is floppy as a floppy thing :mellow:

and could I get the head to slide back and out?!?!? :angry:

Took me about an hour to get it into batdroid without breaking anything.

I'm taking a break there and I'll add the super parts later - if I can manage it.

I might also take some pictures - maybe.

So I finally got my hands on a Detolf which is to be dedicated to my Valkyries. :)

This has precipitated the removal from the box of my VF-25G (only the second but probably the last time)

Now I grant you I have limited experience transforming these things,

but holy crap the hips were tight as a tight thing!! :o

the left shoulder is floppy as a floppy thing :mellow:

and could I get the head to slide back and out?!?!? :angry:

Took me about an hour to get it into batdroid without breaking anything.

I'm taking a break there and I'll add the super parts later - if I can manage it.

I might also take some pictures - maybe.

it just wouldn't be a Valkyrie if you didn't have to experience this! :lol::p

it just wouldn't be a Valkyrie if you didn't have to experience this! :lol::p

The joys of ownership indeed.

I've been searching through this thread and watching videos on YouTube all night because I can't quite get the chest area right.

The nose cone seems to end up way too far back and I can't figure out why.

Then I tried to go back to fighter mode and I can't now!!

I've got transformation blindness.

Time for bed.

The joys of ownership indeed.

I've been searching through this thread and watching videos on YouTube all night because I can't quite get the chest area right.

The nose cone seems to end up way too far back and I can't figure out why.

Then I tried to go back to fighter mode and I can't now!!

I've got transformation blindness.

Time for bed.

there are some very good transformation guides on anymoon.com have you checked these out?

*snip*

Joint "C" I managed to remove the pin and attempted to fit in a replacement but it wouldn't fit so well so I managed to expand the original pin ever so slightly and pushed it back in the joint and it seemed to work. Removing and replacing this pin is a total prick of a thing to do..

*snip*

Is there a way to tighten this without removing the original pin? Thanks in advance! :)

Ok I need help now!

I've watched so many transformation videos now and I still can't get it right.

I can't get the nose cone to come far enough forwards it seems. (Pic1)

It won't go any further than the hinge at the front of the neck piece (pic2)

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Pic3 just for further illustration.

Plus I can't get it back to fighter now either. I've lost it.

post-17939-0-52527100-1422802169_thumb.jpg

post-17939-0-34912800-1422802282_thumb.jpg

post-17939-0-88100700-1422802344_thumb.jpg

Ok I need help now!

I've watched so many transformation videos now and I still can't get it right.

I can't get the nose cone to come far enough forwards it seems. (Pic1)

It won't go any further than the hinge at the front of the neck piece (pic2)

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Pic3 just for further illustration.

Plus I can't get it back to fighter now either. I've lost it.

Is it stuck there, or could you reverse the transformation? I am guessing the torso is stuck on the front landing gear doors, binding it up.

Thanks guys.

I don't know how I managed it but I'm guessing when I "broke its back" the first time I rotated the cockpit section the wrong way

(if that's possible) and as a result, the leading edge extension housing the hinge, was stuck on the wrong side and was stopping the nose section

from moving through.

I was definitely going at it the wrong way - I couldn't reverse transform from were I'd managed to get to but eventually found a remedy by unscrewing

the the hips and removing the legs, swinging the cockpit back to the correct side and now I've got the nose, shoulders and chest plate all correctly orientated.

What a faff. I still don't understand how I did it.

In the meantime I transformed both Alto and Ozma according to the guides on Youtube (thank you jenius) and had no such issues.

Anyway, he's taken up residence beside Skull Leader for now. Might add the super parts later (now that they have a chance of fitting!)

post-17939-0-87238300-1422815470_thumb.jpg

post-17939-0-46815200-1422815476_thumb.jpg

post-17939-0-15220300-1422815482_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!

Can't say I've ever seen that happen before. Buy it now at a decent price, plus free shipping - what's the catch?

I guess I'll find out.

Mhwaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha*thank god for huge tax refund*hahahahahahahaa

Edited by Duymon

+1

pass, if i didn't have 5 already i would bite

What the heck are you going to do with 5 David? My train of thought was 1x Armor in fighter mode with the rest of the squad in supers. 1x with Armor in battroid mode then 1x to go with the Ozma supers I have and 1x naked. Now getting around to opening them all up and displaying has been my problem lol.

Guest davidwhangchoi

What the heck are you going to do with 5 David? My train of thought was 1x Armor in fighter mode with the rest of the squad in supers. 1x with Armor in battroid mode then 1x to go with the Ozma supers I have and 1x naked. Now getting around to opening them all up and displaying has been my problem lol.

three of them were by accident.

i ordered one from hlj but they cancelled it, so i panicked and ordered from another place that cancelled 2 on me. i ended up getting 1 on mandarake and one from cd japan. then the guy who cancelled all of a sudden sends me 3x so i just took em.

nice! you got 2x armors? that's awesome.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

three of them were by accident.

i ordered one from hlj but they cancelled it, so i panicked and ordered from another place that cancelled 2 on me. i ended up getting 1 on mandarake and one from cd japan. then the guy who cancelled all of a sudden sends me 3x so i just took em.

nice! you got 2x armors? that's awesome.

Yeah I ended up buying a spare set just in case the day came I would be able to get more Ozma's, it eventually paid off. :D

Each time this thread gets bumped I hope it is for a 25g reissue. I have supers and tornado parts just sitting here waiting. Although, they are pretty neat on the YF-25.

My problem is I only have 1x VF-25G and it is armed with Supers and my Tornado parts are just sitting.

Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before, am a little lazy to browse this entire thread (and the previous ones before it), but has anyone every tried installing the missiles that came with the 1/60 DX VF-25 ver.1 Ghost + Weapons pack onto their renewal VF-25's?

I'm looking at how those missiles attached to the ver.1 1/60s and the attachment points look to be the same in the renewal version.

Thanks for any feedback!

Hey guys, sorry if this was asked before, am a little lazy to browse this entire thread (and the previous ones before it), but has anyone every tried installing the missiles that came with the 1/60 DX VF-25 ver.1 Ghost + Weapons pack onto their renewal VF-25's?

I'm looking at how those missiles attached to the ver.1 1/60s and the attachment points look to be the same in the renewal version.

Thanks for any feedback!

I have seen people post pics of the Galia 4 speaker pods clipped onto the wings of the v2's. I think it is a similar connector.