DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

How are the wings on the VF-25S reissue? Tight or loose. Sorry about what happen to one of your 25S Saburo.

I'd say the wings on mine are the same as the 25A, slighter tighter than my original 25S.

So sorry to see that happen Saburo!

Yeah, mine is really tight there too. But pretty loose at the shoulder ball joints.

Glad there's a plan of fix. Let us know how it goes, good luck!

Thanks! I am not sure how nice my fix will look, but the Super Parts should cover up the crack. :D

I dont want contribute in bad news but transforming my 25g found fractures at the junctions so very careful with your messiah

Sorry to see that, I hope you can fix so that it doesn't get worse. I think I'll have to go through all my Valks and check for cracks. :wacko:

Thank you no3ljm. Its nice to have MW support group here to help one from going insane. LOL I am sure there is a way to loosen the hinge, probably a plastic safe lubricant should help. I'll have to inspect that other copy I have. I hope yours arrives soon! :)

You're welcome bro. Good news is that I checked my tracking update and it should be probably delivered if not today, tomorrow. ^_^

CF18, sorry to see that, but as xigfrid mentioned, it's happened before. Mine was on the 25F during its initial release. My VF-25A has a broken back section on the gunpod. Seems to be either a plastic issue or design flaw. The back of my gunpod's screw area was cracked, so I'm assuming plastic issue.

I'm curious. Since the crack is on the screw area, is it possible it's been over-screwed by some people in the factory and made the plastic a little brittle?

I dont want contribute in bad news but transforming my 25g found fractures at the junctions so very careful with your messiah

Not just on the Messiah too. We need to check as well or be very careful transforming the 27s and the 29s as well. Frustrating that parts keeps on cracking and exploding in our hands even though you handle them with care. :(

Got my second copy. Glad to report this one has no floppy wings and the joints are pretty tight.

*snip*

Congrats OzmaLee74! :)

Got my second copy. Glad to report this one has no floppy wings and the joints are pretty tight.

BD001E3C-FFA0-4D33-85A8-7A43DACF0E01.jpg

Ozma is definitely the toughest looking out of the 25's.. im torn between either finding another to display bare or pull the Armors off the one I already have.. but I love the armors on display too! ahhh what to do..!?!? :o:p

and my son needs one also.. -_-

Cool mine broke as well so i'm interested in getting this. How hard is it to take apart the gunpod? Anything to look out for so i don't break it?

The toughest part was the seperation of the gun canon from its cover. It is needed to have access to the pin, they are glued together and you need to seperate them gently using a small screw-driver. A bit scary but the plastic is strong and pretty flexible.

That's scary!

I was just checking the Songstress movie again and just noticed as the shield glows blue, it create some sort of force field that deflect the Vajra shots. I wonder if the normal shield does the same. Also captures 25S in Battroid mode with armor. :p

10750302_10152581593977861_66313901478121506088_10152581593972861_184814757458061512110_10152581593992861_793734069734011383258_10151727314822861_936357563_n.jp

Edited by KH355hamdi

Yeah I think the "glowing" that blocks the shots goes all the way back to SDFM. If you watch all of the series minus Mac Zero you will notice that pin point barrier technology advances through the years. It can be used offensively and defensively. That is one of the things I love about Macross, you can see technology advance through the years without them having to hit you over the head with it. Allowing the viewer to notice that things are advancing over the timeline.

Hey guys, Just got me a VF-25F, Bought it from Newtype78 and this is actually my first time buying on MW. Have to say, Members are really quite nice, mostly if i need my Macross goods I now know where to go! (at least for that rare stuff anyway!! :lol: )

24dopw3.jpg

Thanks again to Newtype78!

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

Hey guys, Just got me a VF-25F, Bought it from Newtype78 and this is actually my first time buying on MW. Have to say, Members are really quite nice, mostly if i need my Macross goods I now know where to go! (at least for that rare stuff anyway!! :lol: )

24dopw3.jpg

Thanks again to Newtype78!

congrats on your 1st MWF purchase! B)) don't forget to leave some feedback for the seller in the "straight shooters" section! ;)

I'd like to ask for a moment of silence... :( :( :(

I was transforming my reissue VF-25S back to Gerwalk/Fighter mode, and something broke...

Note: I am very careful when transforming but I am guessing there was probably a stress point I didn't notice when I first looked at it, that joint was extremely tight. :(

Warning the pic posted is not for the faint of heart.

OMG. I'm late seeing this, but wow that sucks... sorry, Saburo.

I never would have thought that could be a point of failure.

I'm still waiting on mine. I'll have to watch that area now.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Got my OZMA finally this week. So excited I already put Alto's Armored Pack on it. I kinda like how it turned out. 'Low-Vis' look with a touch of Red. ^_^:wub:

looks great!

Question: When ordering from nippon-yasan.com, what shipping should did you all use(those who ordered from them? Granted Fed-Ex is better but how about others like EMS? Just wonder if there will be problems using other shipping methods.carriers. I was looking at Economic Registered - Delivery within 2-3 weeks with tracking number + insurance as I can handle the wait.

Here is the list of Shipping methods:

Carrier Information Price
Fedex Priority Service Fedex: Delivery within 2-3 days (with Tracking Number) $103.89
Fedex Economy Service Fedex: Delivery within 3-4 days (with Tracking Number) $46.40
EMS (Express) EXPRESS: Delivery within 3-4 days with tracking number + insurance $33.66
Air Mail Registered By Airplane Registered - Delivery within 8-10 days with tracking number + insurance $26.68
Air Mail By Airplane - Delivery within 8-10 days without tracking number and without insurance $23.23
Eco - SAL Registered Economic Registered - Delivery within 2-3 weeks with tracking number + insurance $19.27
Eco - SAL Economic - Delivery within 2-3 weeks without tracking number and without insurance $15.82
Ferry Boat - Delivery about 3 month with tracking number + insurance $19.78

Question: When ordering from nippon-yasan.com, what shipping should did you all use(those who ordered from them? Granted Fed-Ex is better but how about others like EMS? Just wonder if there will be problems using other shipping methods.carriers. I was looking at Economic Registered - Delivery within 2-3 weeks with tracking number + insurance as I can handle the wait.

Fedex Priority Service Fedex: Delivery within 2-3 days (with Tracking Number) $103.89
Fedex Economy Service Fedex: Delivery within 3-4 days (with Tracking Number) $46.40
EMS (Express) EXPRESS: Delivery within 3-4 days with tracking number + insurance $33.66
Air Mail Registered By Airplane Registered - Delivery within 8-10 days with tracking number + insurance $26.68
Air Mail By Airplane - Delivery within 8-10 days without tracking number and without insurance $23.23
Eco - SAL Registered Economic Registered - Delivery within 2-3 weeks with tracking number + insurance $19.27
Eco - SAL Economic - Delivery within 2-3 weeks without tracking number and without insurance $15.82

I will usually go with EMS, in most cases the item will arrive at my apt within 4 days of the posting/collection date. I am not patient. :blink: My thoughts (which may or may not be the case) on the slower methods of shipping is the longer it takes the more chances of it getting lost or damaged. ;)

Nice photos everyone!

@no3ljm, are you still planning to paint the 25S in a red and black scheme?

I always use EMS on purchases from Japan, whether NY or elsewhere. One time I used SAL registered for a purchase from NY and it took about three weeks. At first I thought I could handle the wait, but after the second week or so with no updates on tracking, I started to get a little nervous. It arrived eventually without any problems, but after reading other MW forum member comments about trying to get with lost or held up packages, I decided that the extra expense for EMS was worth it.

I use both EMS and Airmail registered. It says 8-10 but for me it usually gets here almost the same time as EMS, maybe a day or two later. I forgot which one it was but if I'm not home and miss delivery they bring it back to the PO and the other one will still be delivered to your house. Also, I think the insurance coverage limits differ.

Edited by wmkjr

I personally choose EMS 9 out of 10 times. If I am just ordering something I already have a copy of I will use registered air mail just to save a few pennies. One though about being in the NW is that if I choose anything besides EMS the package will pass through the dreaded LAX customs which can sometimes take a week or more just to pass through there. When I choose EMS it always goes through SFO customs and makes it on it's way the same day.

EMS. Since it comes via USPS in the end, they deliver on Saturday, and this time of year, even on Sunday I think (as I just got a package this Sunday). This will often overcome the possible 1 or 2 day later arrival into the US itself. It's rare in my experience for FedEx to beat EMS by a day or more. And usually costs more than EMS.

After a bit of regret at not pre-ordering the original Renewal release, waiting a long time for this reissue, a great deal of disappointment during the frustrating nanosecond long availability window upon opening of pre-orders, acceptance of paying above MSRP in order to secure one with Nippon-Yasan, anger at being fleeced by Play-Asia taking money upfront and failing to deliver and shortchanging on refunds, scoring one off CD Japan shortly after P-A trouble; I have just received my very first VF-25S; took exactly 3 weeks for delivery from Nippon-Yasan via SAL unregistered. I can now consider my Renewal collection complete. I do have a second one coming, also SAL unregistered, from CD-Japan which I intend to either leave MISB or sporting the Armor Packs I've had waiting since those were released.

I always go with EMS, but mostly because if I'm not home or the delivery guy can't figure out how to use the buzzer in my apartment (Which is 95% of the time) they drop it off at the post office a block away from me, whereas with Fedex or UPS I have a half hour drive to go pick up the package from their depot.

I used Eco - SAL Registered Economic Registered for my Ozma. Ordered on 11/26, received on 12/11 by USPS.

I always go with EMS, but mostly because if I'm not home or the delivery guy can't figure out how to use the buzzer in my apartment (Which is 95% of the time) they drop it off at the post office a block away from me, whereas with Fedex or UPS I have a half hour drive to go pick up the package from their depot.

exactly why i use EMS

I guess I'm the only one who almost always chooses SAL. I figure the more money I save on shipping, the more I can buy :). I guess I'm just a patient person. But east coast, SAL is usually about 3-4 weeks.

Um, I love SAL Unregistered, unless that is not an option. It arrived to my door step in two weeks. "Patient is a virtue" :p