DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

According to Hobby Search's AND AmiAmi's front pages, their business calendars state that the 24th is a holiday. So you guys have to possibly figure that in to any delays that you might be experiencing (like me).

EDIT: Plus, wasn't there a delay when Alto's Renewal re-release came out (preorders) and when it was restocked and stayed on the shelf for a minute.....?? The patience game may be the right call.

Edited by Lykaios

I paid for my VF-25S from HLJ on Saturday. Still processing to date. Anyone got a shipping notice yet?

I think HLJ may be sorting out their stock and pre-orders so it might take a few days before everyone will get their payment notice.

Also, HLJ might not go by 1st come 1st serve. My friend's order number is way ahead of mine but he only got his payment notice today. We both ordered 1 piece.

I got shipping notices the same day I pay for the valk....that was quick.

I think HLJ may be sorting out their stock and pre-orders so it might take a few days before everyone will get their payment notice.

Also, HLJ might not go by 1st come 1st serve. My friend's order number is way ahead of mine but he only got his payment notice today. We both ordered 1 piece.

Good point. I'm doing my best to stay at Spock's raised eyebrow level of curiosity instead of falling into Kirk's ripped shirt level of anxiety. :p Since I haven't received a cancellation, I'm taking that as a good sign.

According to Hobby Search's AND AmiAmi's front pages, their business calendars state that the 24th is a holiday. So you guys have to possibly figure that in to any delays that you might be experiencing (like me).

Ah! It's that time of the year.

Woohoo!!! I finally scored one from NY, got an in-stock e-mail and bought it right away (after someone bought it out of my cart while I was paying this morning!).

19,000Y - not a too bad mark up! FINALLY, I can sleep... :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

The VF-25S Ozma is going to mark my last Frontier Valk purchases for 2014.

if you open yours, please post your usual awesome pics (without the plastic girls :p can't see the valk aesthetics)

if you open yours, please post your usual awesome pics (without the plastic girls :p can't see the valk aesthetics)

I already have an Ozma and took some photos a while back, but with the new arrivals I plan to take new photos. Yes, with the out the girls. :)

but what lovely distractions they are! XD

Yes, they are. :D The lovely distractions will appear in Valk photos again. ;)

kinda not into them. the valks are way more attractive

Hopefully these will do until I can take new photos. :)

13965147954_943f87b307_b.jpg

13964415124_b0cc87d32b_b.jpg

14396320230_82c38d9777_b.jpg

14396320470_858ce5dc14_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

I already have an Ozma and took some photos a while back, but with the new arrivals I plan to take new photos. Yes, with the out the girls. :)

thanks again! more valks! less fake girls! hahahaha

kinda not into them. the valks are way more attractive

i can respect that perspective =)

Yes, they are. :D The lovely distractions will appear in Valk photos again. ;)

thanks, Saburo! awesome as always! can't wait to set mine up as well!

thanks again! more valks! less fake girls! hahahaha

You are welcome. :D

thanks, Saburo! awesome as always! can't wait to set mine up as well!

Thank you! post photos of your Ozma. :)

Now for a trip back in time, here are some photos I took when I first started photography.

10568629093_57331b5359_b.jpg

10528889695_84b05e936a_b.jpg

13685889763_dc7e41ed6e_b.jpg

10665757165_1e9aafe71f_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

You are welcome. :D

Thank you! post photos of your Ozma. :)

Now for a trip back in time, here are some photos I took when I first started photography.

hehehe apologies in advance for the lo-res pics (still rocking the iPhone 4S lol)! here's a link to my collection (still in boxes, except for some MG kits that i barely have time to straightbuild): https://plus.google.com/115043625903400226853/posts

edits: lol can't seem to paste a working link to the google+ page... try googling "Japanese Giant Robots Invade Vancouver"? hehehe link seems to work now

Edited by McFly!!

Awesome shots of Ozma's ride Saburo! Perfect to whet up the appetite of us MWer's who are waiting for our 25S' to arrive. :)

BTW, you still owe me a shot of Ozma's Armored 25S and Super 29S side by side with missile launchers fully deployed. Come on, I know you'll pull off a great shot of that! :lol:

Here's a proposed theme to help you set up the shot: "Bring on the rain." :D

Edited by brouken

hehehe apologies in advance for the lo-res pics (still rocking the iPhone 4S lol)! here's a link to my collection (still in boxes, except for some MG kits that i barely have time to straightbuild): https://plus.google.com/115043625903400226853/posts

edits: lol can't seem to paste a working link to the google+ page... try googling "Japanese Giant Robots Invade Vancouver"? hehehe link seems to work now

I checked out your link and you have all kinds of nice stuff on your page! Don't need to apologize about the lo-res photos, it's all good!

I love the angle and pose on this shot!

Thank you, going to try and replicate that shot but this time it will hopefully turn out nicer.

Awesome shots of Ozma's ride Saburo! Perfect to whet up the appetite of us MWer's who are waiting for our 25S' to arrive. :)

BTW, you still owe me a shot of Ozma's Armored 25S and Super 29S side by side with missile launchers fully deployed. Come on, I know you'll pull off a great shot of that! :lol:

Here's a proposed theme to help you set up the shot: "Bring on the rain." :D

Oh yeah, I forgot I was going to take the photo for you. Sorry about that. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to shoot. Edited by Saburo

Oh yeah, I forgot I was going to take the photo for you. Sorry about that. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to shoot.

Thanks Saburo! Sorry if I sounded a bit demanding. :) I'd try to take the photo myself but my 25S hasn't arrived yet and your photography skills clearly blow mine out of the water. :D

I checked out your link and you have all kinds of nice stuff on your page! Don't need to apologize about the lo-res photos, it's all good!

Hehehe thanks! It kinda documents how I got back into mecha this year XD

Another example of why the people on this site are special.

Yup! Pay it forward! =)

for those that want to buy outside their comfort zone. You can try Japan auction, people at japan never seems to spend beyond 16.5k yen for a new 25S. With commission and shipping, I think the price is close (still cheaper) than Nippon Yasan

Cool tip! Is this the yahoo japan auction? Any recommended agents/buyers?

If anyone wants an Ozma Renewal, let me know. I have an extra one coming because I forgot to cancel one preorder.

This is why MW members are the best.

Thanks Saburo! Sorry if I sounded a bit demanding. :) I'd try to take the photo myself but my 25S hasn't arrived yet and your photography skills clearly blow mine out of the water. :D

Nah, you didn't sound demanding. I get side tracked a lot, but I'll definitely take the photo for you. You can take good photos, just keep working at it, that's what I did. For all the photos I post now there were so many more that were bad when I was starting out.

for those that want to buy outside their comfort zone. You can try Japan auction, people at japan never seems to spend beyond 16.5k yen for a new 25S. With commission and shipping, I think the price is close (still cheaper) than Nippon Yasan

I have the same question as McFly, any recommendations on a agent/proxy buyer/shipper?

Damn this thread, enabling, and my rewatching of the frontier TV series.

Lucked out on my sick day off and found a brand new renewal VF25S for around 17.000 yen on Anime Export.

Suffice to say it's not listed anymore ;)

Congrats on getting a great deal!

Sorry to spoil the pic with me in it. :p

Your shirt is awesome!

@TCracker, nice shots!

Edited by Saburo

Cool tip! Is this the yahoo japan auction? Any recommended agents/buyers?

I have the same question as McFly, any recommendations on a agent/proxy buyer/shipper?

I am personally using FromJapan, they have option to ship via SAL, EMS and FEDEX.

Other people also uses Buyee (they have higher commission but allows to store items upto 90 days)

As for searching yahoo auction listing, just do search using "DX VF" or "DX VF-25S".

Yup, I used From Japan (I'm not buying now via proxy so not using it). It has a shorter holding period than Buyee but the fees are cheaper. Plus you get a discount % depending on how much you spend.

@ Benson13 did you get a notification via email? If not I'd say wait till the end of the week.

Edited by wmkjr