DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

That's weird!!! I had pre-ordered my VF25S from NY back when it was going for $175.43 and now I get the email to pay up and the item is only $156.85. Will NY adjust it to the correct amount? I went ahead and sent them an email hoping they will honor the cheaper price.

That's weird!!! I had pre-ordered my VF25S from NY back when it was going for $175.43 and now I get the email to pay up and the item is only $156.85. Will NY adjust it to the correct amount? I went ahead and sent them an email hoping they will honor the cheaper price.

It's most likely due to you placing your preorder in USD instead of Yen. The Yen has weaken recently and now it cost less in USD due to NY price being based on Yen. I don't think they will adjust it as you have selected to order it in USD and not Yen. If it was the reverse, NY won't be asking you to pay the higher price.

It's most likely due to you placing your preorder in USD instead of Yen. The Yen has weaken recently and now it cost less in USD due to NY price being based on Yen. I don't think they will adjust it as you have selected to order it in USD and not Yen. If it was the reverse, NY won't be asking you to pay the higher price.

So next time I should place my order under yen and if the price drops they will adjust it... Okay, good to know. Thanks

So next time I should place my order under yen and if the price drops they will adjust it... Okay, good to know. Thanks

Yup, but if the prices goes up, it will also be adjusted upwards. So it's whether you want certainty of how much USD to pay when you make your preorder or happy to let the exchange rate fluctuate.

I just submitted a ticket on N-Y's customer service section and asked them to change my order to Yen from USD. They changed it to Yen with not problem and I just paid it in Yen to get the better rate.

Edited by hkj711

I just submitted a ticket on N-Y's customer service section and asked them to change my order to Yen from USD. They changed it to Yen with not problem and I just paid it in Yen to get the better rate.

I have attempted this. Hopefully it works. Thank you.

but then of course the question is will it or will it not

VF-25F was a third issue. VF-25S second issue and have been a long time since the first issue came out. Chances of dropping less unless Bandai did a large production run.

hahaha a little positive visualization never hurts XD

i have a question for those who keep their renewal in the box, do you keep it in the plastic bag bandai provided from new or not? is it safe to remove that bag? i tried to put it back in the bag but with no succes. i use the toy but when is not in use i keep it in the box away from dust, its very easy to do so with the yamato v2 but the bandai vf25 is quite different.

If you're talking about the plastic the Valkyrie came in, I don't think it's a bag at all, but a piece of plastic sheet you wrap the fighter in. And you want to to do that, as it seems styrofoam can rub tampo printed markings off.

For those that I open and for whatever reason I need to put back into their respective box I use the plastic that was provided (just wrapping the Valk in the same way it was packaged by Bandai). None of them are stored Valk to styrofoam.

-b.

Wonder whether we will see a price drop on the VF-25S. Amazon JP currently selling them for about 18k Yen before shipping similar to NY markup preorder price. Thinking whether to pay my NY order or hope prices will fall more in Amazon JP. Shipping cost will be similar given NY put a markup on their shipping costs while Amazon JP you need to use a forwarding agent.

VF-25F was a third issue. VF-25S second issue and have been a long time since the first issue came out. Chances of dropping less unless Bandai did a large production run.

Wonder whether we will see a price drop on the VF-25S. Amazon JP currently selling them for about 18k Yen before shipping similar to NY markup preorder price. Thinking whether to pay my NY order or hope prices will fall more in Amazon JP. Shipping cost will be similar given NY put a markup on their shipping costs while Amazon JP you need to use a forwarding agent.

You answered your own question my friend.

Greater numbers of 25S will reduce the price, right now it's a waiting game to see.

-b.

You answered your own question my friend.

Greater numbers of 25S will reduce the price, right now it's a waiting game to see.

-b.

Good thing, NY gave us up to 19 November to make payment. If prices drop more at Amazon JP, will go through that route as may order other stuff from there as well and get them combined and ship to me. If it drops to about 16k Yen, I will jump on it. Will be first time not making payment to NY, hope they don't ban me for it considering on how much I have bought from them.

For those that I open and for whatever reason I need to put back into their respective box I use the plastic that was provided (just wrapping the Valk in the same way it was packaged by Bandai). None of them are stored Valk to styrofoam.

-b.

Adding to what KB wrote, I remember reading some pages back that unprotected paint can react to styrofoam packaging. I think that is one of the reasons why Bandai's Valkyries are wrapped in plastic. Once a toy is out of the box I like to use the can-o-air method to repel dust. Although, if I'm in a pinch I'll pull a brand new Swifter duster.

Edited by technoblue