DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

I hope you are right. :unsure::)

let's wait till a few hours later today or tomorrow. if hlj cancels orders then we're back to square one. but if not, then it's a high probability you'll see it all over. with re open windows.

Still cautiously optimistic.
Several possibilities:-

1. HLJ doesn't sell to local Japanese buyers believe somebody mentioned this before. So that already leaves out the scalpers coming in from Japan
2. They put it up at a weird timing that kinda threw most of the campers off.
3. They removed something from the posting again, making it difficult for people to find it on their site (when it first went up, I couldn't find it using the Bandai tag, and noticed it was posted as the YF-25S - HLJ has a track record of posting "wrong" listings)

4x Ozmas from HLJ??

Does HLJ ever learn to put a limit on high demand items? Jeez

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't it seems..
Usually, when they do, the quantity limit only shows up in the shopping cart (I've mentioned this to them before when they chided me for ordering more than 1). This time round, there was no indiciation on a quantity limit.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

1. HLJ doesn't sell to local Japanese buyers believe somebody mentioned this before. So that already leaves out the scalpers coming in from Japan

3. They removed something from the posting again, making it difficult for people to find it on their site (when it first went up, I couldn't find it using the Bandai tag, and noticed it was posted as the YF-25S - HLJ has a track record of posting "wrong" listings)

sometimes they do, sometimes they don't it seems..

Usually, when they do, the quantity limit only shows up in the shopping cart (I've mentioned this to them before when they chided me for ordering more than 1). This time round, there was no indiciation on a quantity limit.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

HLJ does cater to the Japanese market. They have a separate website/domain for them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

here's several other possibilities:

- no one was looking for vf-25s because they were all watching the RT academy kickstarter

-Bandai decided only to supply U.S. to spite HG

-HG brought out Macross F and is making them avail to the international market

-

let's wait till a few hours later today or tomorrow. if hlj cancels orders then we're back to square one. but if not, then it's a high probability you'll see it all over. with re open windows.

We'll see how it goes, I am pretty sure they will be available... but at what price? :unsure:

4x Ozmas from HLJ??

Does HLJ ever learn to put a limit on high demand items? Jeez

They normally do set a limit of 1 per person. And even when they did that, the preorder window does not stay up for long. However, this time the preorder open for a good amount of time even though there is no limit which suggest that if it's not a mistake, they are getting a large shipment from Bandai.

Don't worry, I already asked HLJ why they decided to feed the resellers and scalpers multiple units.

Hopefully it's a mistake. The next round will hopefully have a level playing field.

Just for the record, I never meant to get 4 Ozmas,

When I checked my phone for the PO window, I panicked and tried to get thru the pages as quick as I could. I didn't see any limits on quantify And I was initially thinking of buying 2. One to open and swoosh around with and one to keep in a sealed box for my collectors dream. When I got to the payment window, I didn't get the "confirmation " statement so I quickly started the purchase process all over again in fear that the first purchase didn't go thru. At the end of it all, I ended up with 4 when I finally got a confirmation email. As soon as that happened I stated on this thread that I would gladly pass over 2 Ozmas to fellow MW members if my orders went thru. After no one contacted me , I offered my Ozmas to Cheng and Benson. I'm not a scalper and have no need to be one. :) I'm sure everyone will get one or two this time around.

On the bright side of this prices of the VF-25S will drop on the secondary market. 2 weeks ago it was still going for 50,000 to 60,000 yen on yahoo auctions. Now its 19,000 yen.

On the bright side of this prices of the VF-25S will drop on the secondary market. 2 weeks ago it was still going for 50,000 to 60,000 yen on yahoo auctions. Now its 19,000 yen.

Those are items that have not been released yet. They're basically selling their PO, which might not even be guaranteed. Like another forumer mentioned, what will you do if you've already paid now and find out a few months later that it's too late to file a dispute?

Those who missed out, just bear in mind NY has only open one round I believe and have not done their premium rounds yet.

Hlj open there preorder at around 4am which many did not expect. If bandai approach there preorder like arcadia everyone would be happy.

HLJ preorders always open at unexpected times as they don't have a fixed time when the open them. It opened up for a good amount of time, about 45-60 minutes, compared to other retailers and releases espcially there was no limit as well.

I'm kinda happy I don't gotta go through NY on this one since I've got my two Ozmas ordered (two different sources). However, I do hope that they reopen for anyone else. If you gotta get one, you gotta get one...NY or not.

Edit: Speak of the devil...NY is getting hammered again right now. :lol:

Edited by xrentonx

If Bandai did mass produce the vf-25s, why did only HLJ get such a large allocation? :D

I've been having my pessimist hat on since Friday, even after getting the order confirmation.

One of my friends who ordered 4 25a's from HLJ and got his confirmation got his account banned still.

Cross your fingers.

Login daily to check your account status, apparently if you're banned you can't login anymore :p

Edited by Duymon

One of my friends who ordered 4 25a's from HLJ and got his confirmation got his account banned still.

Cross your fingers.

Login daily to check your account status, apparently if you're banned you can't login anymore :p

They ban your account if you buy more than unit when there's a 1 per customer limit. They can't ban you if they didn't set the limit. :p

Don't worry, I already asked HLJ why they decided to feed the resellers and scalpers multiple units.

Hopefully it's a mistake. The next round will hopefully have a level playing field.

I think it's unfair to lump people who buy multiples into the same category as resellers and scalpers. Some of us here really do genuinely want multiples

*looks over at unworn Armor and Super Parts*

And before the sour grape cloud, people were actually encouraged to help each other out by buying one or two extra to keep stock from the scalpers and to help out the community. I think it is way, way too early to say that this scenario created any victims. I think the 25S will be as easy to find as the 25F and the 25 Prophecy on release day.

On to other things...

Ebay will take a while to balance out. I think Mandarake and Yahoo Japan will keep better track of the price fluctuations. Having bought and sold items on Ebay since 2002, I'm not surprised that someone picked up a VF-25S for $405 USD. More power to them. I wouldn't do it, but I've seen it happen with my own stuff on the bay.

Edited by technoblue

Cross your fingers.

Yup the VF-25A was limited to 1 per person and you can only place 1 at a time. The way your friend went about was placing 4 seperate orders on the same account to get 4 which then HLJ banned him for it. For the VF-25S, you can select up to 20 on the order page for it.

Looks like HLJ updated their page to remove August as a release date. It now just says "We will accept additional orders after this item is released, if supplies are sufficient."

NY just went down for maintenance again, I'll keep refreshing to see if anything interesting happens. I get the feeling though that if they actually do add any more stock, the price will climb ridiculously high, because they'll probably be buying them at a premium very shortly.

It was down earlier. Saw some hack message for a bit. I really don't understand why its so hard to code a site to only allow one n your cart.

If it says only one but you can add 20 that's HLJs fault for not coding it properly.

Edited by Gakken85

Those are items that have not been released yet. They're basically selling their PO, which might not even be guaranteed. Like another forumer mentioned, what will you do if you've already paid now and find out a few months later that it's too late to file a dispute?

Chances are they'll get theirs by hook or by crook. And its easier for them since they are japanese and their retail stores will have enough to go around.

Also, usually with other reissues, a lot of the ebayers will see reissues as a minor bump to ignore and just work on the fact that a lot of people won't know about them and keep prices as is. Or hope its limited and people won't go through the trouble were going through and still have to pay. It would need to be a sustained stock before prices level out before you see a price drop. Basically after everybody gets one who wants one like with the alto.

Edited by Gakken85

It was down earlier. Saw some hack message for a bit. I really don't understand why its so hard to code a site to only allow one n your cart.

If it says only one but you can add 20 that's HLJs fault for not coding it properly.

HLJ does have it program in the ordering system if they limit it to 1. If they do, all you can add is 1. But the way some people go around it is by placing multiple orders of 1 of it which they will eventually get banned from HLJ.

For the VF-25S, HLJ did not put a limit. Did not say it's limit to 1 per person. So people are allowed to order as many as they want. So HLJ has done nothing wrong. When they do put a limit, you can only place up to the amount they limit to. I remember once back when the renewals first came out, they had a limit of 3 for one of them and that's the max you can put in an order. Also given that the preorders open for quite a while, if it's not a mistake it appears HLJ will be receiving a large shipment which is probably why they did not bother limiting it to 1 per person.

Did you get an email from HLJ when you placed your order?

no, i m still waiting for the mail :'(

i went though the whole process, order -> confirm order -> shipping to private warehouse > pay later.

I even get an confirmation screen that an email will be sent :'(

Guest davidwhangchoi

no, i m still waiting for the mail :'(

i went though the whole process, order -> confirm order -> shipping to private warehouse > pay later.

I even get an confirmation screen that an email will be sent :'(

that happened to a few people in the past. that means it didn't go through. you should try and contacting hlj. it'll help if you have it in your browsers history and try to take a screengrab of it.

that happened to a few people in the past. that means it didn't go through. you should try and contacting hlj. it'll help if you have it in your browsers history and try to take a screengrab of it.

nooo :blink: sigh, i will try to contact the hlj to see what they can do, but i doubt it...