DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

PM sent

-b.

thanks! i should make sure to mention i meant new sealed is 400+ but yeah i should mentioned i agree with you that for used it's a bit high on mandrake. and thanks for the links! but it's a sign i think they price their stuff based on the market. hit or miss. looks like the prices of ozma are rising.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, I think at this particular moment in time MISB will be a bit more than $ 400, just based on how they're being priced currently.

All I've seen have been opened, north of $ 300 and then the two opened on Mandarake for $ 400+.

-b.

I wouldn't take the risk with a high end dx like the 25s on mandarake, you could spend 300-400 and get one with very loose hips and joints. I would be pissed to pay that money and the have to tighten joints because the toy was compromised.

IF, I was to buy one second hand Mandarake is probably highest on my list of places I would trust. I've purchased a few opened items from them, one being a 25A and that came in brand-new condition with zero issues.

That said, you are right, it's always buyer beware but if I had to risk my money I would do it with them first.

Re: the if/when's of any re-issue it's a coin flip, just as simple as that.

-b.

My comment wasn't directet at Mandarake, its specific to Buying the DX valk line used. I've had great experiences with them with the VF-1 line, but i think people risk a lot buying a used dx from overseas due fo the joint issue. I could see throwing the dice on some of the mid range dx valks but never on an Ozma. I'm not posting this to disagree, i just want to be clear I'm not knocking Mandarake. I agree that i wiuld risk it with them but not with any overseas site on a used dx valk.

That would piss me off. All of my dx valks were normal tight on the joints and took a while to be super loose. I didnt know it was a regular and common thing for dx valks to be super loose right out of the box. Now that i know, I guess I'm very lucky mine were ok for a while.

My comment wasn't directet at Mandarake, its specific to Buying the DX valk line used. I've had great experiences with them with the VF-1 line, but i think people risk a lot buying a used dx from overseas due fo the joint issue. I could see throwing the dice on some of the mid range dx valks but never on an Ozma. I'm not posting this to disagree, i just want to be clear I'm not knocking Mandarake. I agree that i wiuld risk it with them but not with any overseas site on a used dx valk.

Wholeheartedly agree.

-b.

More like easier to understand, me thinks current after-market prices for Ozma are far from being reasonable. But I certainly get what you're saying.

-b.

Haha.. "reasonable" pricing. Just before the YF-29 Ozma showed up I would see the VF-25S on Mandarake for about 35000 yen.

Haha.. "reasonable" pricing. Just before the YF-29 Ozma showed up I would see the VF-25S on Mandarake for about 35000 yen.

For real, the arrival of the Ozma 29 is certainly the catalyst for the price increase of the 25S. Now it's damn near impossible to find either at a palatable price.

Stooooopid Ozma.

-b.

To be fair my VF-25S, G and YF-29 had super loose hip joints out of the box so it might not be due to the fact that they are second hand items. ^_^

My 25S is loose at the wings. Second hand as well. Was very late at the game.

529406_10151389269187861_142674138_n.jpg

It did sir. :(

10409275_10152217716762861_6791207715830

'Ouch!' Wallet-killer indeed. I don't have one and I know I'm also super late in buying DX Renewal but I'm sure I don't want to spend that much on Ozma. I rather buy an extra Alto for the 25F Armored Pack that I'm reserving for Ozma. Or just wait if they're going to reissue it. If not, then that's the only time I will shake my head for being super late on the game. Hehehe. :D

You know what's sad is even if Bandai re-released the 25S peeps would still gladly pay even 100 bucks prem on the 25S from NY because it beats the @ss-r*** prices we have right now.

On a side note, finally got to panel-lining one of my Alto F reissues from last year. Hard to believe I left it sealed for 11 months before opening it. Just need Tornado packs now :D

WP_20140613_06_41_17_Pro_zpsb78cd437.jpg

On a side note, imagine if Bandai Trolled everyone and re-released the VF-25S w Armored Pack, but the itasha version

img01_l.jpg

Edited by Duymon

On a side note, imagine if Bandai Trolled everyone and re-released the VF-25S w Armored Pack, but the itasha version

img01_l.jpg

that would be the one thing that would actually get me to buy a DX Ozma -25S

On a side note, finally got to panel-lining one of my Alto F reissues from last year. Hard to believe I left it sealed for 11 months before opening it. Just need Tornado packs now :D

Nice! Have to ask, did you apply topcoat on this afterwards? Or just panel lined on the plastic as is? And what kind of paint did you use? Thanks in advance. :)

Nice! Have to ask, did you apply topcoat on this afterwards? Or just panel lined on the plastic as is? And what kind of paint did you use? Thanks in advance. :)

I just panel line on the plastic as is.

Have had great luck using Reaper paints black wash. Cleanup is very easy with a folded paper towel and some rubbing alcohol (just don't touch any painted areas when wiping). When panel lining painted areas usually I use a microfiber cloth and rub off the excess wash as you really don't want to put rubbing alcohol on the painted areas.

I just panel line on the plastic as is.

Have had great luck using Reaper paints black wash. Cleanup is very easy with a folded paper towel and some rubbing alcohol (just don't touch any painted areas when wiping). When panel lining painted areas usually I use a microfiber cloth and rub off the excess wash as you really don't want to put rubbing alcohol on the painted areas.

Hi Duymon. Thanks for the fast reply. Do you let it dry first before clean it up with paper towel and rubbing alcohol? And when you say rubbing alcohol, are you using the 90%(?) Isopropyl Alcohol? And how's the paint even without topcoat? Also, are they lacquer or enamel based?

Anyways, thanks for sharing. Hope I could also apply panel lines on mine. Thanks. :)

Edited by no3ljm

You know what's sad is even if Bandai re-released the 25S peeps would still gladly pay even 100 bucks prem on the 25S from NY because it beats the @ss-r*** prices we have right now.

img01_l.jpg

Samuel decal could print the water transfer decal and if I'm not mistaken can also resize it. You could scan the decal if you have it and email it to him.

https://www.facebook.com/Samueldecal

*snip*

img01_l.jpg

The position of the bullet on the Sheryl image is disturbing.

My 25S is loose at the wings. Second hand as well. Was very late at the game.

I got my VF-25S from Jungle and they had only used it as a display piece but because of that it was cheaper than the others. ^_^

This was in October iirc so there were still a few left on the market in a MIB or MISB condition.

The position of the bullet on the Sheryl image is disturbing.

If that is disturbing then you should go to eBay and see the actual figurine... ecchi is just a word for it.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

If that is disturbing then you should go to eBay and see the actual figurine... ecchi is just a word for it.

I found the figure highly disappointing. Who makes a cast of figure that doesn't have any actual nudity? :wacko: