DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Hi, I need help with my 25A Super parts. I know I've screwed up somewhere.

Basically, after all Super parts have been attached, the legs no longer fold and tuck in properly in Fighter mode, and the wings fit into the holes provided for the pegs in such a way that the wings are set at a fair dihedral. What have I done wrong? Do the legs need to folded differently, like the VF-1's did? Do the legs need to be pulled out to the Gerwalk position?

Please help! Thanks.

Hi, I need help with my 25A Super parts. I know I've screwed up somewhere.

Basically, after all Super parts have been attached, the legs no longer fold and tuck in properly in Fighter mode, and the wings fit into the holes provided for the pegs in such a way that the wings are set at a fair dihedral. What have I done wrong? Do the legs need to folded differently, like the VF-1's did? Do the legs need to be pulled out to the Gerwalk position?

Please help! Thanks.

If I remember correctly you have to click the GERWALK-joint out one click and than click the lower legs one click upwards so everything is level again. It is basically the same as for the VF-1 Super/Strike-Parts.

UV is what does it. That's what's causing the chemical reactions.

Either way, it's been discussed to death I think.

I don't want to collect boxes and leave them in the closet. Might as well not spend my money.

Agree, apologies for bringing up a topic with a lot of mileage, I was just curious after reading an earlier comment about direct sunlight and then looking at how those items I have on display are situation.

When possible I get multiples since there are items I like to have out, but I don't know if it's a collector's mentality or that of a hoarder but I like to have at least (1) tucked away in a box.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't want to collect boxes and leave them in the closet. Might as well not spend my money.

;)

Yeah I know that ultimately over time toys will deteriorate, but I try my best to avoid direct sunlight or even indirect in most cases. I think temperature can also affect if a toy yellows inside of a box. I would recommend leaving your toys in a temperature controlled environment if possible. Avoid storing toys in boxes in places like the garage or a shed.

I also agree with not "just collecting boxes" you should enjoy your toys and at least be able to look at them if you have them in a display case or the like.

Hey, we all collect the way we like according to personal preferences.

This latest 25F re-issue is due in July with the Tornado Parts, it'd be nice if once that's released Bandai announced another re-issue that folks seem to be asking for *cough* S *cough*cough* G.

-b.

This latest 25F re-issue is due in July with the Tornado Parts, it'd be nice if once that's released Bandai announced another re-issue that folks seem to be asking for *cough* S *cough*cough* G.

-b.

That right...but according to HLJ, "This item is expected to be released in 05/2014. We will accept additional orders at that time if supplies are sufficient." That weird cause we know it will released in july with the tornado parts...... Maybe is their mistake in this announce.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN964807/Sci

Nope, July according to Bandai. I think there have been other examples of HLJ getting release dates a little incorrect, but unless they (HLJ) has a separate batch to release these should be out in July to coincide with the Tornado Parts.

-b.

That right...but according to HLJ, "This item is expected to be released in 05/2014. We will accept additional orders at that time if supplies are sufficient." That weird cause we know it will released in july with the tornado parts...... Maybe is their mistake in this announce.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN964807/Sci

Nope, July according to Bandai. I think there have been other examples of HLJ getting release dates a little incorrect, but unless they (HLJ) has a separate batch to release these should be out in July to coincide with the Tornado Parts.

-b.

I was going through and confirming the release date on the F re-reissue and emailed HLJ about the date they had on their page, here is their reply.

Thank you for writing.

BAN964807 VF-25F is scheduled to be reissued in July. We do not know the exact reissue date, but usually new/reissue items are released at the end of a month.

So, I'm going to ask a really n00b question, if you have your collection near a window that only has curtains, thick enough that you can't easily see thru them during the day or at night, but thin enough to allow natural light into the room do you run the same risk as having your Valks in front of an open window?

-b.

I Know I posted on the macross display thread before, but the way my Chogokins are displayed, is on a Shelf I added to my hardpointed shelves on either side of my bedroom window. There is a stabilizing plank going the length of the board, so light doesn't hit them all that much, but there was a gap between the top and the shelf. So to shield them from the afternoon sun which shines into my window, I put up a thick sheet of black fabric to close the gap. Since Black absorbs the light, the Valks stay relatively out of direct sunlight.

Meanwhile, my room is as dark as a cave....

If I remember correctly you have to click the GERWALK-joint out one click and than click the lower legs one click upwards so everything is level again. It is basically the same as for the VF-1 Super/Strike-Parts.

Yep, that did it. Thanks Scyla!

I do need to get a 2nd set, but are they reproducing them again or selling left over stock?

Edit: lottery based welp there goes me getting another

Edited by Murphy

But it's lottery based, so it's not exactly a re-issue per se

Sigh, I was excited for a second there. Been planning on getting an RVF but been lamenting that the super packs all seem to be at ridiculous prices that I refuse to pay despite the valk itself being affordable. Oh well.

Sigh, I was excited for a second there. Been planning on getting an RVF but been lamenting that the super packs all seem to be at ridiculous prices that I refuse to pay despite the valk itself being affordable. Oh well.

Yea it's wierd that the super parts/ghost set are so expensive now, seeing how the RVF seems to be going low on the secondary market.I wonder if not alot of people preorder them and now are rushing to get them.

It's basically like a lucky draw I believe.

Taken directly from Tamashii webpage:

Lottery selling is a method for customers who ordered during the ordering period and have won the strictly fair lottery to purchase the products.

*For Lottery selling, there is possibility that customers may not be able to purchase the products despite ordering during the period.

It's basically like a lucky draw I believe.

Taken directly from Tamashii webpage:

Lottery selling is a method for customers who ordered during the ordering period and have won the strictly fair lottery to purchase the products.

*For Lottery selling, there is possibility that customers may not be able to purchase the products despite ordering during the period.

Oh dear looks like i might not be able to get it then.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Lottery huh? What a pain-in-the-@ss.

Bandai sure does enjoy d!cking around with Frontier releases.

-b.

bandai's new method of driving up demand. hahahaha wow :rolleyes:

LOL - right?

On paper I'm sure it looks good for them if the strategy results in strong sales and profits, but dang...at least try, or give the appearance of making enough of the variants people want so that folks can actually get them at reasonable prices.

-b.

since people are still talking about the new VF-25a super parts, might as well ask this

was just wondering why are people ditching their Ozma's super parts in 2ndary market?. Prices have been pretty low for them, so was wondering why..

Is it because of the yellow markings? And if it is, has anyone successfully paint it over with other colors? Thanks!

My guess is because Bandai are being jerkwads, and not reissuing it so people have a use for them. I imagine there are a lot of people who preordered the super packs knowing Bandai would never reissue them, and either never were able to even buy an Ozma, or only have one, and prefer to display him in the armor packs. He only used those packs in one episode anyway, so there's really no contest if you have the armor to use.

As far as repainting them though, I believe Ozma's super packs are a different color than all the rest of them. No reason you couldn't paint over the yellow and use them on a cannon fodder, but they wouldn't match correctly to the other main characters.

since people are still talking about the new VF-25a super parts, might as well ask this

was just wondering why are people ditching their Ozma's super parts in 2ndary market?. Prices have been pretty low for them, so was wondering why..

Is it because of the yellow markings? And if it is, has anyone successfully paint it over with other colors? Thanks!

My guess is because Bandai are being jerkwads, and not reissuing it so people have a use for them. I imagine there are a lot of people who preordered the super packs knowing Bandai would never reissue them, and either never were able to even buy an Ozma, or only have one, and prefer to display him in the armor packs. He only used those packs in one episode anyway, so there's really no contest if you have the armor to use.

As far as repainting them though, I believe Ozma's super packs are a different color than all the rest of them. No reason you couldn't paint over the yellow and use them on a cannon fodder, but they wouldn't match correctly to the other main characters.

Yeah, Chronocidal really touched on it, the Super Parts for Ozma's 25S were never popular, even with the v1 DX. It's always been about Ozma and the Armor Parts for the 25S.

I know that at least one member re-painted Armor Parts to match the 25A and it looked pretty good.

-b.

How cheap are we talking about because the cheapest i could find was $99 shipped.

How cheap are we talking about because the cheapest i could find was $99 shipped.

Wish I could find my order confirmation, but I know I paid less for my Renewal 25S Super Parts. Please keep in mind that this soon after they were released.

IMO $ 99 is relatively cheap compared to how much the Super and Armor parts for the 25F are going for now.

-b.