DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how does one cancel a preorder with NY? I snagged a VF-25A at HLJ a few days ago at retail (mind still blown), so I have no need to get one at NY's higher price. I just sent them an email asking them to cancel the preorder.

Just don't pay for it or email them......it's not hard : / but thing about NY is that once you preorder they expect you to pay. Kind of like TFSource, TFSource wont let you cancel your orders without real good reason but they could penalize you too.

I've canceled once from NY and they understood. It was mainly cause I just didn't have the money past their 2 week mark. Another way is bring up your order detail, and on the write a message portion, write "Request cancellation found at better price and purchased."

Edited by Hikuro

LOL, you don't have to say "Request cancellation found at better price and purchased.". If anything I would think that would be more insulting than anything. You can cancel via facebook or you can leave a message in the box on your order on the site. I canceled by using the site and said "I need to cancel this order with a thank you and my signature.

It was actually easier than I thought. I just said that I was no longer interested in purchasing the product. They then sent me an email that notified me of the cancellation of the order. Hassle- and guilt-free. Not the same BS that I got from Amiami, who essentially chastised me for canceling a preorder. Whatevs, Amiami

Edited by whitestar

Haha wall of text for the wrong reasons. What's wrong with multiples? I really am going to display them in groups and formations. I currently need to buy some displays badly as all my other cabinets are full. I also think it's a good idea to keep a spare around if you can afford it. It can be used if you have a catastrophic failure with your main toy or toys and you get the added not bonus of spare parts for your others.

There's nothing wrong with owning multiples. it's just a bummer that some people have been able to secure multiple pre-orders at close to retail price while others (i.e. me) haven't been able to get even one for that price.

It was actually easier than I thought. I just said that I was no longer interested in purchasing the product. They then sent me an email that notified me of the cancellation of the order. Hassle- and guilt-free. Not the same BS that I got from Amiami, who essentially chastised me for canceling a preorder. Whatevs, Amiami

While I don't think it's good form to chastise your customers for anything, I can't fault online stores for being strict with their cancellation policies. For one, this is to avoid situations whereby the store is left with tons of extra stock where people keep cancelling their orders. Not to mention, we've complained time and time again about scalpers. This isn't foolproof, but it's one measure against that.

Edited by Actar

Does Amiami have any native English speakers working there or do they reply with these blunt sounding form letters? Maybe they sound harsh and don't realize it. I run into that a lot with non-native English speakers...just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. I haven't had problems with them yet. Knock on wood :)

Edited by xrentonx

Does Amiami have any native English speakers working there or do they reply with these blunt sounding form letters? Maybe they sound harsh and don't realize it. I run into that a lot with non-native English speakers...just trying to give the benefit of the doubt. I haven't had problems with them yet. Knock on wood :)

I just cancel a preorder in amiami...and they have no problem with it.

Regards

'Chastise' might've been too harsh a word, so I'll back off a little bit with Amiami. But as much as I understand their business needs of having a preorder paid, I'd rather support a business that's 100% supportive of the customers. HLJ allows you to cancel preorders. So do businesses like Amazon. And from my recent experience with NY, so do they (although I might've been one of the lucky few, don't know for sure). This doesn't mean I won't be buying from Amiami ever again, but it sure pushes them down my list of preferred vendors. /soapbox

OK, why can't I checkout at HLJ? Been trying for several minutes. Not time-out errors. Wouldn't even accept my account info for a while (didn't blank out, said it was wrong)

:;edit:: Finally. I think it was a cookies issue--they just wouldn't seem to "take" and every screen/click seemed to empty my cart and log me out.

:;edit 2:: Ack, I don't think it actually did it. But don't want to order again in case they see it as trying to get multiples. Yeesh.

::edit 3:: OK there it is. Whew! (hey, I've been trying to get a renewal Alto since November of 2011, this is kinda stressful)