DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I think they're pretty serious about enforcing the 1 per customer limit. Been hearing about a lot of account locks due to pre-order abuse lately on the other boards. Even though HLJ said I could keep the second order I got rid of that one and the zombie one anyways just in case lol.

absolute worst case scenario if somebody gets locked and loses all their preorders they'll need to contact hlj's trouble dept to get it resolved.

Edited by Duymon

I ended up with two seperate orders last night because HJL's site froze multiple times while I was ordering and I had to log back in each time it un-froze. This morning they sent me an email reprimanding me for breaking the one-per-customer rule and telling me my orders were cancelled. <_<

I swear these Renewals are cursed. Have not made it through a single preorder without drama of some sort.

Wow, glad I really did not make an effort to get another one from HLJ.

yeah, so happy I did what I did. somebody I know lost his VF-27 and VF-25 Preorders at HLJ due to getting a little too crazy on the Vf-25A's... he tried to get 4 lol. NOw he has no account :o

I emailed them explaining that the only reason I ended up with two seperate orders was because their website was having issues and freezing, so hopefully they'll re-instate my order for one. I don't appreciate having my knuckles slapped with the ruler for a problem they caused.

So I just did what I am not suppose to do - ordered a VF-25S armour pack at inflated price (14000 yen, mandarake) before getting the VF-25S. Thanks for posting the photos guys... :p There must be way more armour pack than the base unit floating out there.

They better announce that reissue soon before those extremely inflated VF-25S become tempting.

Why are you waiting for a pre-order reminder? On the front page of the site it has in red letters a notice about the new preorder system they've been using since dec. you can pay at anytime from your account page.

Chris

Why are you waiting for a pre-order reminder? On the front page of the site it has in red letters a notice about the new preorder system they've been using since dec. you can pay at anytime from your account page.

Chris

They still routinely send out reminder emails for everything, though. It's less about how to pay, and more about what is going on.

Could be that someone forgot to send reminders, but also could be they don't have enough stock...

Chris

Dude.... they've been sending Invoice reminders all year for every other DX chogokin valk........ I already have mine all prepaid from months ago, was just wondering if people were getting their invoices just to see if this thing is really going out on time or not..........

Sorry Duymon, my comment wasn't directed at you. I understand they still send reminder emails, what I am getting at is if people are worried/waiting it is completely unnecessary. I have also gotten all but my first 2 bandai renewals from them and have paid for my first few orders when the invoices came out under the old system and then just started paying on the release month when it was getting close to being released. Never had a problem. I just see people every time a release is coming, start asking or wondering where their invoice is and it isn't necessary. I fact it just gives them more work because they have to send reminders to everyone who can't be bothered to pay on their own.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I understand they still send reminder emails, what I am getting at is if people are worried/waiting it is completely unnecessary. I have also gotten all but my first 2 bandai renewals from them and have paid for my first few orders when the invoices came out and then just started paying on the release month when it was getting close to being released. Never had a problem. I just see people every time a release is coming, start asking or wondering where their invoice is and it isn't necessary. I fact it just gives them more work because they have to send reminders to everyone who can't be bothered to pay on their own.

Chris

Problem is, NY's order system is seriously flawed in that you cannot know when your item is going to be released. You may remember when you ordered it, but after a few months it may not be so clear in your mind.

And guess what?

(1) Your order page does not tell you when the item is going to be released.

(2) Nor can you click on the item in your order to go to the item page that has the release info.

(3) And their search function sucks.

Every time I want to check when something is going to be released, I have to google.

All I'm saying is that the reminder email is really necessary to make this process work.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but how does one cancel a preorder with NY? I snagged a VF-25A at HLJ a few days ago at retail (mind still blown), so I have no need to get one at NY's higher price. I just sent them an email asking them to cancel the preorder.

I'm hoping some restock pops up so I can cancel my NY. sick of paying mark-ups for pre-ordering haha.

I actually ended up cancelling all of my NY 25F's. I found some searching the JP web that saved me an additional $50 bucks each, but I have to send it to my friend in Japan then he can fwd it to me. I really hope one of the the web shops has extra though as I will get 1x more if they are at or below MSRP bringing my grand total of vf-25F's to 4 even though I really only need 3. I need valk anonymous help :p

I really don't feel bad for canceling the NY ones. They were 21,000Â¥ each and the shipping was not cheap either. I have already paid them well over what I should have in the past, I payed out the 455 for the VF-171 CF's. I really feel like they punish you for pre-ordering. These are not as hard to get as we suspect, I had to go off the beaten path to get them at a semi reasonable price. The markup was so extreme, I could get 3 for the price of 2. NY will be OK after all, my 2 pre-orders won't put them out of business and any respectful retailer is OK with you changing your mind. I still have plenty of pre-orders on NY that I am not going to cancel at all as I got a decent price on the items. I am just tired of paying them a premium and then days later they put the same item on sale. I refuse to take the blame for these being hard to get. I blame the freaking scalpers that are using bots or whatever means to snap them all up and then Ebay/Yahoo Japan Auction them off for extreme mark ups. To tell the truth it actually has been looking like most of the scalpers are JP based to begin with. Agree or disagree, but the consumer is all that matters in the end. We should have the right to change our minds before taking a big one up the 455. The policy on their site is this: If you want to cancel, make sure you do it before the invoice request is sent. If they send the invoice and you fail to pay or cancel, they will kill all of your other pre-orders and possibly close the account. If they were so concerned about this, they could have said "No Cancellations". I have made orders through a friend in Japan that actually state that no cancellations can be made once you pre-order, and obviously I am stuck and have to pay them off.

I think I would rather pay a deposit on the items I want from NY and get a good price VS getting the pre-order in for free then paying out the 455. It is pretty much gauranteed that I will get 1x if not mutiples of the DX chogokins or Yamato/Arcadia releases. I buy them all, when you do the math on my collection it really is making sense to get the best deal and service that I can on my purchases.

Edited by Loop

Amazon JP have it cheaper for preorders but then you need to use a forwarding agent. I already paid for mine at NY ages ago when the exchange rate was better for the AUD against th Yen. Even if I cancelled now and reorder it at Amazon JP, it will probably come out to similar price due to the fall of the AUD. Will still look to pick up another at retail when its released though.

I wasn't talking about canceling pre-orders with NY or anywhere else. I'm talking about all the people who are buying 3 or 5 or 19 copies of each.

Haha wall of text for the wrong reasons. What's wrong with multiples? I really am going to display them in groups and formations. I currently need to buy some displays badly as all my other cabinets are full. I also think it's a good idea to keep a spare around if you can afford it. It can be used if you have a catastrophic failure with your main toy or toys and you get the added not bonus of spare parts for your others.