DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Well.. it was weird. At first I had 3 orders by accident from the server errors and refreshing, so I killed two of them and only had 1 VF-25A on the account.

Then 2 hours later they give me another order of the 25A under a completely new order number from the ones I killed....

I want it anyways, but just in case I'll send them an e-mail.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Up to this point I have ignored the whole Bandai Frontier DX line. The ridiculously small pre-order window being the reason. I have two young children and staying up all hours is simply not an option.

Having said that I did order a VF-171 Nightmare Plus (Production Type) last week as it was readily available at HLJ. I had assumed Bandai had finally stepped up supply to meet demand, yet here we are once again with pre-orders being sold out in an instant.

I gather that the reason the VF-171 was available last week was because that was the actual release date. But I don't understand why there would suddenly be more on release day. Did HLJ secure more stock or did droves of people cancel their pre-orders? Was is available at other sites on release day?

For those of you who have experienced both, how would you compare the VF-171(Production Type) pre-order to the VF-25A (Production Type) pre-order? Did one sell out faster than the other? What do you think the odds are the VF-25A (Production Type) will be readily available like the VF-171(Production Type) on release day? Will there be any other chances to order VF-25A (Production Type) or will I have to wait until the end of Oct?

On as side note, what is the deal with Bandai anyway? Is this type of short supply normal for them? Is it just Macross or do other properties have to deal with this? I can't imagine Bandai puts their Gundam fans through this do they? I do not collect any Bandai lines so I have very little experience with them. Just curious if us Macross fans are the only ones getting the shaft? It's almost as if they don't want our money. I guess in the end it's for the best, Bandai has saved me quite a bit of money by literally not letting me spend it on their products. More for Arcadia I guess.

Edited by Nerd-linger

I'm really not a Frontier fan at all and I've never had any inclination to buy any valks from that series. However, the VF-25A looks pretty good with it's low-viz-ish scheme, so I just went and pre-ordered one from NY. I chose to sleep last night and now I'm paying for it...literally haha.

I gather that the reason the VF-171 was available last week was because that was the actual release date. But I don't understand why there would suddenly be more on release day. Did HLJ secure more stock or did droves of people cancel .

Last week was not the actual release date of the VF-171 CF. It was released was at the end of April.

i

Still up, doesn't seem like there's a limit this time.

i tried getting 2 but it didnt give me the option,

so i rushed to my desktop and made another order, but have not gotten a confirmation letter for the 2nd one.w

we will see...

-just got the confirmation letters!!.

I guess i have 3 on order with HLJ!!!!!

NOw to press the NY Cancellation button!!!!

Edited by erikos0311

in before they do a wipe on all those who made extra orders hahaha

To be fair, it was difficult to see that it was 1 per customer as that line only shows up when you have it in cart

no extra orders here lol. I'm just keeping the extra they let me have.

Besides, Already have 6 on preorder why would I want more?

no extra orders here lol. I'm just keeping the extra they let me have.

Besides, Already have 6 on preorder why would I want more?

Just one order for me...no need for more....gonna save some money for other valks.

i

i tried getting 2 but it didnt give me the option,

so i rushed to my desktop and made another order, but have not gotten a confirmation letter for the 2nd one.w

we will see...

-just got the confirmation letters!!.

I guess i have 3 on order with HLJ!!!!!

NOw to press the NY Cancellation button!!!!

NY have Cancel button ????

So is HLJ policy that we can get 2 if we order them seperately? I just don't want to screw myself if I ever make 2x orders in the future. I did not even attempt to get another from them on this second opening.

Edited by Loop

HLJ didn't stop people from getting an RVF in 1st and 2nd preorder windows, nor did they stop the VF-171 orders either. There are some here who get multiple RVFs or CF-171's from HLJ actually.

Edited by Duymon

Good to know, as now I can only cancel 1x from NY. Does anyone know if CDJ is good or bad about fulfilling pre-paid pre-orders? I only went with them because they were the second shop to open up to my knowledge. NY had a limit of 1x also on the 1st opening. I prefer HLJ because they are offering great service if you have problems.

Edited by Loop