DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Daaaaaaamn!

crap just got serious.!

And that just happened..! Lol

I mean , that stinks when you spend so much of your hard earned money, and a company just wipes their ass with you.

I think the customer service of a company is what makes a company.

Anyone can sell left and right,but not many companies will take care of their clientele when they are needed.

Sorry to hear that brother.. I've never purchased from them, as I always try to stick with HLJ and NY because I've had customer service issues but have always been resolved.

I've actually always liked HLJ; in fact my first ever direct from Japan import was with them; the massive MSIA Dendrobium Gundam. I just fell out of import shopping for several years and went with Amiami for a while since they were the only ones who had the Thunderforce V Shooting Game Historica ships available when I was trying to find them. In the beginning I thought they were great but their behavior towards the end of last year simply stunned me. When I first told them to piss off and cancel all my preorders they didn't respond, just kept sending me payment requests as new items that I was now buying at HLJ or elsewhere became available. Finally they sent me another nasty email to which I again stated I would not do business with them anymore and if they kept bothering me I would post my story, and all the emails with them, on MW and other collector's forums that I'm on as well as their company facebook page. They finally got the clue. Then they closed my friends account because he was, unknown to me, trying to send me a b-day gift via them...so now it's on! Lol. I just haven't had the time to compile the whole sordid affair into a concise version yet but at some point I will and I'll do exactly what I told them I would. Isn't social media grand? :lol:

I'm going to try to get from HLJ as well. If I don't score one when they put it up, I'll just wait until they put more up around release time. I'm tired of these games, paying higher than MSRP and then seeing these things go for MSRP or lower after release. No more.

Was asleep during all the madness. Oh well, I'll wait for HLJ as well or maybe even some of the others wherein they become available at retail close to or even after the release date.

Daaaaaaamn!

crap just got serious.!

And that just happened..! Lol

Just to be fair, I've found that as long as you fallow their terms of service and try to maintain a level of civility and politeness when contacting them, AmiAmi are a perfectly amicable retailer to do business with.

Edited by anime52k8

Just to be fair, I've found that as long as you fallow their terms of service and try to maintain a level of civility and politeness when contacting them, AmiAmi are a perfectly amicable retailer to do business with.

Does amiami have a "pay later" option? I have never purchased from them.

Agreed. Some people tend to have problems with everyone. Take it with a grain of salt and let your own personal shopping experience be your guide as to whether you buy from one place or another.

Does amiami have a "pay later" option? I have never purchased from them.

Yes, they do. I've preordered stuff from them on many occasions and never had to pay upfront. That being said, inasmuch as Renewals and contemporary Frontier Valks are concerned, the only option you're likely to get is "pay never because you ain't getting any".

I'm going to try to get from HLJ as well. If I don't score one when they put it up, I'll just wait until they put more up around release time. I'm tired of these games, paying higher than MSRP and then seeing these things go for MSRP or lower after release. No more.

Agreed. If you can't get them now don't jump for scalper prices as Bandai finally seems to be getting stock under control. Look at this nonsense....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-VF-25A-Messiah-Valkyrie-General-Machine-/130939820724?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item1e7c9f1ab4

...as long as no one feeds this troll then he'll be selling his for 14,700Â¥ at release. Speaking of trolls...

Just to be fair, I've found that as long as you fallow their terms of service and try to maintain a level of civility and politeness when contacting them, AmiAmi are a perfectly amicable retailer to do business w

Right because I caused them stock maintenance problems because of two figures that I overlooked the payment requests for out of $3000 spent with them last year. Two figures that when I received order cancellation notices I immediately requested a reinstatement of the order so I could make payment...yet Amiami had already resold them, thus I wonder how stock problems could even apply, and would not assist me. They chose to sell the items to someone else before even allowing me a chance to correct the oversight. I don't know why I'm even responding to you, you are such a troll it hurts. All you do is spout mental dribble; do you even think before you post? Of course not.

I love your thinly veiled implication that I wasn't civil, in fact I was both that AND was highly insulted that they sent me harassing emails over two orders they cancelled and wouldn't let me pay for! Seriously, go spend $3000 with a company and then have them send you nasty, and I do mean NASTY, rude emails over $75...oh wait, you couldn't even afford to spend that much given how I see you bitch and moan about prices in the various thread. Why don't you crawl back under the moe-hentai-pedo rock that you scurried out from under and go back to the pervy anime figure thread where you belong? And I'm not going to even entertain your absurd implication that you have civility, those who do have something don't have to brag about it, those who don't...well...

Feel free to spout whatever further mental dribble comes to your inane mind, but I've blocked your posts so I won't have to see any further nonsense from pedo-meo-boy so you won't be getting a response. The troll can go crawl back under pedo-anime-girl-rock and die now.

Edited by Lupin The Third

Agreed. If you can't get them now don't jump for scalper prices as Bandai finally seems to be getting stock under control. Look at this nonsense....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANDAI-DX-Chogokin-Macross-Frontier-VF-25A-Messiah-Valkyrie-General-Machine-/130939820724?pt=TV_Movie_Character_Toys_US&hash=item1e7c9f1ab4

...as long as no one feeds this troll then he'll be selling his for 14,700Â¥ at release. Speaking of trolls...

Right because I caused them stock maintenance problems because of two figures that I overlooked the payment requests for out of $3000 spent with them last year. Two figures that when I received order cancellation notices I immediately requested a reinstatement of the order so I could make payment...yet Amiami had already resold them, thus I wonder how stock problems could even apply, and would not assist me. They chose to sell the items to someone else before even allowing me a chance to correct the oversight. I don't know why I'm even responding to you, you are such a troll it hurts. All you do is spout mental dribble; do you even think before you post? Of course not.

I love your thinly veiled implication that I wasn't civil, in fact I was both that AND was highly insulted that they sent me harassing emails over two orders they cancelled and wouldn't let me pay for! Seriously, go spend $3000 with a company and then have them send you nasty, and I do mean NASTY, rude emails over $75...oh wait, you couldn't even afford to spend that much given how I see you bitch and moan about prices in the various thread. Why don't you crawl back under the moe-hentai-pedo rock that you scurried out from under and go back to the pervy anime figure thread where you belong? And I'm not going to even entertain your absurd implication that you have civility, those who do have something don't have to brag about it, those who don't...well...

Feel free to spout whatever further mental dribble comes to your inane mind, but I've blocked your posts so I won't have to see any further nonsense from pedo-meo-boy so you won't be getting a response. The troll can go crawl back under pedo-anime-girl-rock and die now.

This is hilarious. I sometimes consider blocking you but your posts are so entertaining. In a negative way, of course, but entertainment is entertainment.

it seems whenever I hear a negative amiami story, it's always about their customer service and cancellation policy.
For me, I've been fine with them, though some patience is needed as english is clearly not their first language.

While the no-cancellation policy is a tiring affair, and some times their emails come off as "stuck up", I tend to just take it as it is and take note of it.
I was once asking them to do some order splitting for me, as I've hit the limit of cost of goods with shipping to be chargeable by Customs ($400 with shipping and I get taxed 7%)
Had some back and forth with them and got them to switch my packages around before giving me the shipping costs again. Off course, this must have been frustrating for them, which led them to end it (when all my shipping was settled) to drop me a note to say I should consider my future purchases carefully before I combine them.

Comes across as stuck-up? Maybe, but I guess it's my fault as it was rather inconvenient for them. Nowadays I just watch my total cost and split them earlier for shipment if it's reaching the limit. I still use them because shipping with discount on items is reasonable to my country. HLJ's shipping is pretty awesome, but they seldom have the stuff I want as early, or as cheap - though I still use them from time to time.

I just wished they could procure more stock for the DX Frontier Valks, and get a proper server for major releases, since these kinda stuff happen every Bandai drop.

Bottom line, use whichever retailer has whatever you like :)

To Lupin's credit I have had a couple of poor customer service incidents. I feel that the person's I have had contact with were very rude, so I actually only order from Amiami if I have to.

I have no doubt that amiami, as a large business, have its share of customer reps who are rude. But you need to consider two things:

1. They don't speak good English. They speak English, but not good. The "rudeness" you perceive may simply be the fact that they cannot communicate well with English.

2. People have different standards for rudeness - I, for one, am fine if the conversation is conducted in a fact-based manner. I do feel a difference between "no" and "sorry, can't be done," but I personally don't base my purchase decision on such differences.

Edited by royard

Well as long as we're trading amiami stories round the campfire while waiting...

Once I contacted them about a defect in one of my valks. They replied with a payment order saying that they only so something about it if I purchase all the stuff i've cancelled for the past two years. Not that I've cancelled many of course(two or three pre-orders) but this was a bit unsettling I didn't know cancellations have strings attached.

So I told them to stuff it somewhere the sun don't shine and fixed that valk myself.

Edited by raptormesh

Never had an issue with Amiami, but I always contact to them in Japanese so I guess that helps lol.

Nippon-yasan seems to respond much faster to English than Japanese, however, which is really funny.

I guess it does. They are primarily a Japanese business. From my understanding, they don't seem to have any foreign staff.

NY takes forever to get back to me via email. Facebook seems to be the better option though.

Well as long as we're trading amiami stories round the campfire while waiting...

Once I contacted them about a defect in one of my valks. They replied with a payment order saying that they only so something about it if I purchase all the stuff i've cancelled for the past two years. Not that I've cancelled many of course(two or three pre-orders) but this was a bit unsettling I didn't know cancellations have strings attached.

So I told them to stuff it somewhere the sun don't shine and fixed that valk myself.

That's kinda something worth noting. the only times I've ever cancelled were due to a mistake I made when buying, and I tend to cancel it right away. Wonder if that adds up

Wow. This is serious. Thanks for sharing this--I would take this into account the next time I consider ordering things from them.

That's pretty crazy, and definitely a sign to not do business with them IMO.

Thanks for the campfire sharings!

Back to the topic about preordering VF-25A;

- VF-171 CF is now as low as US$126 in local B&M shops in Hong Kong.
- RVF-25 is now US$166 and keeps dropping in local shops. It is now 12500 yen in Amazon JP.

Personally, I guess more people will be interested in RVF-25 than a cannon fodder valk. So my current guess is that its availability will match that of RVF-25, but not as cheap as VF-171 CF. I suppose the shops are more careful after RVF-25 and VF-171CF.

Let's see how many units flow for VF-25F and VF-27 to see if Bandai actually changes the production batch size...

Apparently HLJ is in the middle of their biannual inventory and will resume activities on wednesday july 3 (JST)

That could explain the lack of VF-25A preordes

Hi there,

Thank you for writing. We are currently closed for our biannual inventory, and will reopen on Wednesday, July 3 (JST). Shipping will resume, and we will begin answering e-mails at that time.

Our website will also operate normally during the inventory period, so you can place orders as always.

If you would like to lower a quantity, cancel an item, change a shipping method, or make other changes to your order, please be sure to use the Account Maintenance system (accessible by clicking "My Account" on the top right of pages onhttp://www.hlj.com) to make the change before your order enters payment processing. You can also update your personal information and preferences there.

If you have any other questions or issues, be sure to check our Help Center at http://www.hlj.com/helpcenter/

If that doesn't help, please stay patient; we'll begin replying to email normally again on Wednesday, July 3 (JST).

Thank you for your business.

Edited by mog_kupo