DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

"can't really complain" is a little harsh... we've been programmed to think of 35 minutes as an eternity now. After all, there's a lot of people (less informed) who will wake up tomorrow to find it went on sale but it's already sold out everywhere.

Yeah, thought that was a bit smug too, he edited it though

"can't really complain" is a little harsh... we've been programmed to think of 35 minutes as an eternity now. After all, there's a lot of people (less informed) who will wake up tomorrow to find it went on sale but it's already sold out everywhere.

Given that this went from completely unknown before Friday (unless I missed a previous announcement, please correct me if I did) to presold Monday morning I can imagine a lot of WTF moments in the next few days for more casual collectors.

Eh, I won't be at all surprised if the RVF/CF-171 situation repeats come release time. I think people have eventually learned not to buy the scalper priced stuff, so hopefully we'll be hit by a wave of cancelled sales, and be able to get them cheap-ish at release.

I'm going to keep on HLJ and post here if they go up though, at least for a while. Don't have work in the morning, so I'm free to browse for a while still.

Edited by Chronocidal

Gonna turn in too. I gotta figure out this BART strike and an alternate commute tomorrow to work. Sleep and real life awaits!

Good luck to everyone still looking. :)

Eh, I won't be at all surprised if the RVF/CF-171 situation repeats come release time. I think people have eventually learned not to buy the scalper priced stuff, so hopefully we'll be hit by a wave of cancelled sales, and be able to get them cheap-ish at release.

I'm going to keep on HLJ and post here if they go up though, at least for a while. Don't have work in the morning, so I'm free to browse for a while still.

Not just that. This is a CF, and CFs just don't sell as well as the hero valks, so if Alto's VF-25F could be found way later (which quite a few of us did) after the 1st round of pre-orders closed, I think we have a very good chance later on, for those who have not gotten a preorder yet.

has HLJ posted pre-orders the same day as others in the past?

Yes... for the VF-27 renewal

Edited by BlueMax

Not sure hot HLJ will do it, the only time in recent history that they put up a DX for sale on the same night was for the VF-27 renewal, and that was outta thin air.

Also, :lol: the quote system seems to be goofing up lately.

Edited by Chronocidal

Gonna turn in too. I gotta figure out this BART strike and an alternate commute tomorrow to work. Sleep and real life awaits!

Good luck to everyone still looking. :)

Fire them and give their jobs to someone who won't bitch and moan for being able to feed their families. Unions are such bullshit; even with over 70% of the govt economic "Stimulus" money being illegally funneled into unions they still want more. Unbelievable the world we live in...good luck dealing with that nonsense.

Unless Bandai severely reduced the production numbers for the 25A, I'm fairly certain there will be plenty to go around come release time.

I think worse scenario is that if Bandai reduces their production, instead of being able to secure one at retail or less, we will most likely pay NY premium price on release.

I think worse scenario is that if Bandai reduces their production, instead of being able to secure one at retail or less, we will most likely pay NY premium price on release.

If that happens I'll just live without one. I have a single RVF-25 and that's pretty much sufficient for this mold. Then again I'm not a big fan of the Messiah.

If that happens I'll just live without one. I have a single RVF-25 and that's pretty much sufficient for this mold. Then again I'm not a big fan of the Messiah.

To be fair if it's not a 21 or 22 raptor isn't interested :p

To be fair if it's not a 21 or 22 raptor isn't interested :p

You got that right buddy. Thankfully if those ever get renewed they would be by Arcadia. I can't even imagine how many stimulants I will need to stay calm if Bandai does it instead.

As it's evening here I would be checking HLJ occasionally for a few hours. Suspect SaitoSad and the other asiapac guys will be doing the same.

Edited by raptormesh

It's selling as you can see their stock going down.

But not that quick as people have realised its better to wait on release day to get it at RRP or less.

Most likely some people will order and not pay just for insurance as NY still accept orders with pay later.

Edited by Valk-1S

waiting for HLJ...

Ive gotten all my bandai renewals at MSRP from HLJ, so I want to keep my saving streak going!

NY again 161, waiting for AE

AE have "pay later"??

link to AE webpage?

Edited by erikos0311

waiting for HLJ...

Ive gotten all my bandai renewals at MSRP from HLJ, so I want to keep my saving streak going!

AE have "pay later"??

link to AE webpage?

It's pay upfront. Don't think it's up yet though

Edited by Duymon

Does NY have penalties for canceling a preorder? I have a few preorders with them (separate orders). If I cancel one, will it affect any of the others?

nope, just make sure you give them plenty of time before they send you a notice that the items are in and ready for shipping.

they usually send you a notice/email 15 days before the items show up.

Got 1 more at NY, lowered the shipping speed and it was slightly cheaper than the opening price with EMS. That's a total of 3 for me all at around the same price with varying shipping methods to keep the price the same on all 3 units. Off to bed, good luck to those still searching.

You got that right buddy. Thankfully if those ever get renewed they would be by Arcadia. I can't even imagine how many stimulants I will need to stay calm if Bandai does it instead.

As it's evening here I would be checking HLJ occasionally for a few hours. Suspect SaitoSad and the other asiapac guys will be doing the same.

Unfortunately, I'll be sitting out this waiting game for once, as my computer is down, and I don't have any stable internet connection at my new place. I'm still at work at the moment, so I'm just checking on and off.

I'll post if I do come across any, though other peeps here will be faster anyway haha

Got 1 more at NY, lowered the shipping speed and it was slightly cheaper than the opening price with EMS. That's a total of 3 for me all at around the same price with varying shipping methods to keep the price the same on all 3 units. Off to bed, good luck to those still searching.

hmm.. didn't think about it like that....

maybe I will change my shipping options to offset the marked up price! lol.

Damn! Missed it even at the NY's marked up price, got sold out as I was checking out. My wife thinks I'm crazy since I'm with the family at Great Wolf Lodge for the holiday weekend and it's 5am and I'm locked away in the bathroom to not disturb them... Like junkie!

Damn! Missed it even at the NY's marked up price, got sold out as I was checking out. My wife thinks I'm crazy since I'm with the family at Great Wolf Lodge for the holiday weekend and it's 5am and I'm locked away in the bathroom to not disturb them... Like junkie!

Now that's devotion!!

hmm.. didn't think about it like that....

maybe I will change my shipping options to offset the marked up price! lol.

Yeah, it's not like I need them all at the same time. I just look at it like I payed MSRP for all 3.... Kinda.

Still wondering if I should stake out HLJ and pay for it in the morning :p