DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

check the vf-171 cf thread. certain plastic parts are crumbling due to too much pressure.

That's a completely different thing happening to a completely different type of plastic.

Oh, I'm glad I managed to score a Luca on HLj previously (thanks to some kind poster here).

Maybe you should hold out. It might become available after release (out tomorrow right?)

I mean, look at the VF-171 CF. They're in abundance at Amiami, NY and Mandarake.

There's a slim chance it might happen again.

Get the super parts and wait for the renewal reissue. You can also sell at a later date for higher price.

I'm debating on getting a Luca set just for the ghosts and selling off the armor since I don't have a Luca renewal.

Or better yet, just buy the ghost parts v1 on Mandarake hahah

But you still have to get 3x v1 Ghost set, because the v1 set just have 1 ghost. that's 3x 4000~5000 yen. which is still far too expensive than just buy the v2 SP+3 ghost set. For extra you also get 3x weapon set for the rest of the VF-25s but the front clip on missiles are difficult to align it right, wish there are hard points on the 25s wing though.

Review of v1 ghost set can be found @ scorched earth toys.

Edited by jmx222

That's a completely different thing happening to a completely different type of plastic.

I was just using that as an example. I guess the trick is to find the right balance: enough pressure to make the joint tight enough to be posable, yet not too much pressure to cause any damage due to too much stress. Plastic is plastic and it will break if enough pressure is applied.

I am. I ordered the super pack/ghosts for the RVF-25. Love the little cannon at the tip of the super pack booster engine.

I was just using that as an example. I guess the trick is to find the right balance: enough pressure to make the joint tight enough to be posable, yet not too much pressure to cause any damage due to too much stress. Plastic is plastic and it will break if enough pressure is applied.

Thats why i chose rubber because its a flexible material, i guess ill find out in a few months if the joints are crumbling :)

Meh I preordered the Super Parts for Luca and Michael....

I thought maybe the Tornado Parts for the VF-25G might never be made or only available as a bundle (not buying a second VF-25G!!!) just like last time. Now feeling the urge to buy a set of Armored Parts for my Alto since I now have three Super Messiahs on the shelf. <_<

Are there any news around about a reissue of the Super and Armor Parts for the VF-25F since a reissue is on the way?

I don't know, didn't somebody post a picture of a display of of the 25's with their armor/super parts with a with a little sign that said parts out of production in Japanese a couple pages back. Also I don't think they reissued the v.1 super/armored parts when the v.1 vf-25f reissue came out, but they did come out with a v.1 vf-25f super bundle but the super packs were a blue color.

Edited by Murphy

The version 1 armored parts for Alto were only ever a webshop exclusive that was never reissued, but Ozma's was released in a bundle. The original color Alto super parts were also webshop only, and never saw a re-release as far as I'm aware. The blue Alto (Bluto? I'm gonna call it that now :lol: ) super bundle seemed to be a sales disaster, since it sat on clearance for months at various shops. Watch, that one will wind up being worth the most of all the V.1s later on. :p

Hopefully Bandai will have it in their hearts to re-release the super/armor packs for all those people buying the second run of Alto, but I wouldn't count on it. At this point, I've just come to accept that I'm going to have to buy each webshop release when I can, because it probably won't happen again, even if I don't have the valk to put it on yet.

Actually, given the coming Alto re-release, I wonder if they'll follow that up with Michael instead of Ozma, and then release both of their tornado packs simultaneously. Production-wise, that would make perfect sense, the parts would be identical except for a few colored bits and tampo printing. Frustrating for people waiting for an Ozma re-release though. Given how impressive and iconic Ozma's armored VF-25 is, I'm amazed they haven't capitalized on that more with a bundle.

Guest davidwhangchoi

translation: all the additional orders we took are scalped from local B&Ms which are just getting their supplies which we'll give to you.

I certainly hope this trend does continue but a part of me thinks that rvf-25 and the vf-171 CF were just unpopular in Japan and has nothing to do with Bandai ramping up their production. YAJ had a lot of rvf-25 @ 14000 yen on the hour it was released with actual product in hand and nobody was buying. In fact it's still that way right now. Hero valks are big in Japan and those two aren't exactly popular heroes.

Edited by plastik

Is Brera considered a "hero"?

To me not really, he is like the weird character that is a villain until he is freed. But he was actually pretty good in 1v1 battles against Alto in the series and the movies imo. In the series I think Alto would have lost (As in dead) if not for Micheal on Galia 4.

Edited by Loop