DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I really like the effect parts you made for the VF-25S zoffy. They look great.

Do you plan to build additional parts for the other missile pods?

On a second thought that might be not a good idea because you wouldn't be able to see Ozma with all that missile fume. ^_^

I was planning to make additional effects for it, but my attention has shifted primarily to customizing action figures nowadays. After the RVF-25 arrives, I'm out of the Macross collecting game for good... thank god. lol

Yeah, I mean if Yamato was pumping out valks still and Bandai had more availability I don't think I could ever quit collecting these damn things. Macross is like a bad case of herpes, once you get it , you can't get rid of it. LOL Maybe before I die I will try to make sure I have a crypt so I can leave all my valks on display in there with me haha.

It's actually just a matter of changing interests... I've just gotten way more into action figure collecting since Hasbro and Diamond Select have been stepping up their game the last few years. Valks will always be "nice" to own for me, but they aren't as "fun" to own for me due to their price point and difficulty to acquire. I'm having way more fun chopping up and modding $10-20 dollar figs than I do chasing down $200-400 valks that I handle maybe twice a month and am too afraid of scratching paint or loosening joints to fully enjoy. I had set goals going into Macross, and after the RVF, they'll be met. :)

How does the gun-pod stay attached in the armrest like that? Is it jammed between the shield and the slot for the handle?

Never tried to attach the gun-pod there. I would love to display my Ozma in full missile mode like it's displayed on the box of the Armored Parts but want to leave the gun-pod on the model.

People will kill me for doing this, but I changed my spare 25F to have Grey Accents :0 Stil haven't done the shield yet. Super tiny line is a PITA to paint.

I always used this paint scheme in the PSP games, would have done it in Macross 30 but nooooo... plaid valks apparently are in style

post-25-0-30784800-1364145436_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

That's just the flash, I only touched the red parts of the Alto

The 25A head is the same as the 25G head according to the master file. See attached scan

I really like the look of the C and the E type

post-25-0-20784700-1364155166_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

That's just the flash, I only touched the red parts of the Alto

The 25A head is the same as the 25G head according to the master file. See attached scan

I really like the look of the C and the E type

I want a valk with an E head so badly. either Pixie squadron or Sword dancers colors (see master file).

I still want that Klan 25S in red that we saw somewhere. Think it was just a model, but I would love to pair her up with Michael's 25G.

the red Klan VF-25S was from one of the PS3 video games (I forget which, might have been the one that came with the frontier movie?).

the master file has one that's grey with pink and white stripes, a big blue swatch on top half of the forward fusulage that fallows the shape of the dorsal hump, and has the pixie squadron insignia on the back plate. I prefer this one to the red klan 25S. (I like both the colors and the head better).

There's also an earlier pixey squardon that's similar to the master file version that first showed up in an issue of model graphix. I like the color on this version the most but I'd need it to have the color matched armor parts:

post-4286-0-00438200-1364160427_thumb.jpg

post-4286-0-90213600-1364160436_thumb.jpg