Hangar Model Kit

Benson13

I like the design as much as the MCB's, but that price point + s&h kill it for me.

MCB's?

This is my first time trying to build a backdrop for my toys. Anyone got any tips on places to look for stuff like this? Also I saw a picture of a Gundam standing on a black base and it had two little lights pointed at the mech. The lights were mounted to the base and were shaped like a pyramid with the light coming out of the bottom. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

That set looks awesome and versatile. 16cm base isn't too bad (about 6 1/4"). Plus the way they are modular and even easily modifyable (looking at the hole punch outs for stands or lights).

The others were talking about these: http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?Word=mechanical+chain+base&Dae=All&Series=All&Dis=2

I don't know about the lights you're speaking of, BUT you could easily go and get some LEDs at Radio Shack or an electronics store. Electronically numb? You could also use some of the micro LED zipper pull flashlights on the wall. They're about $3.00 at sporting goods or surplus stores. At the size of a dime, that's small. - MT

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen your work tundrayeti and it's mind blowing. Unfortunately I couldn't afford what I want to do without doing the labor myself and just buying the materials.

I've seen your work tundrayeti and it's mind blowing. Unfortunately I couldn't afford what I want to do without doing the labor myself and just buying the materials.

Thanks, Just thought i'd put it out there. keep me in mind though, I have some cool greebles and other stuff that's not too expensive.

Grayson, that is a cool set, I may have to grab one just to check it out.

I used to put these together back in the day, and if you get just the basic sets first, there's a lot you can do to them, with little work. It's actually a lot of fun putting them together, and tricking them out to what you want. After reading this, and seeing some displays put out there, I am thinking about doing another one. The last one I did was about 7 or 8 years ago, and had controls to move and lower a crane arm, rotate part of the hangar floor, and tons of lights.