Just counted my Valks....

ErikElvis

I was out of the game for a while. Came back in. Have been afraid of shoulder problems and never really looked into the v2 1/60's. Trying to decide how to remedy this. Suggestions with pics would help. I honestly don't know which ones have exploda shoulders or not. I need at least one in the case.

oh ho ho...

now even I kinda want a V2 valk...

despite the price..which is completely student unfriendly......

They're still not as expensive as the 17, 19, or Bandai Chogokins. If you have patience and can wait for the HLJ sale, they're pretty "reasonable" even with shipping but, sale or not, the V2 VF-1's are totally worth it.

As ultramn_zoffy said "explo-shoulders" belong to the past, thanks to veef who's pretty active on creating spare parts for the goodness of the community (he's currently working on the remplacement of the VF-0's easily breakable arm)

Here's a link to his shop on shapeways.com = http://www.shapeways.com/shops/veefshop

You can see the replacement here: http://www.collectiondx.com/blog/vf5ss/i_never_liked_it_when_my_toys_broke

and mine here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=36316&view=findpost&p=958744 :D

Since it's now safe to buy VF-1* the guide on anymoon is somehow unecessary (but you still maybe able to find some cheap second-hand v2) ^_^

Ive ignored this thread with the 171 panic.....haha. that anymoon guide does help. Even though parts are being made I really don't feel lIke swapping parts out. Just pull it out set it to the mode I like and let her be. Im thinking a Kakakazi or however you spell his name to splash a little different color in the case.

[...] Even though parts are being made I really don't feel lIke swapping parts out. Just pull it out set it to the mode I like and let her be. Im thinking a Kakakazi or however you spell his name to splash a little different color in the case.

I see what you mean but believe me, swapping the parts is easy as... well, saying it's easy, it took me 5 minutes to replace both SO v2 shoulder hinges.

Therefore, with the existence of Veef's replacement parts you don't necessarily have to stick to the guide, you may even find a low priced one and replace the hinges for almost nothing.

Chek the guide, for instance, you'll only have one version of the Super Ostrich (2.1) in it labelled as "Avoid" should you pass your way if you find one with a good rebate?

You know what screw the VF-1's. I want my Ver.2 YF-19. In the manner that bandai makes the 25's. The cartoony look is all good for mac 7 and I love my Mac 7 valks but they need to make it look like a bad ass real life fighter in the ver 2.

Edit: Im sick of only being happy looking at my 19 from the top only.

Edited by ErikElvis

you mean version 7

Version 1 - stand alone YF19

Version 2 - YF19 with Fold booster

Version 3 - Double Nuts

Version 4 -Bird of Prey

Version 5 - YF19 with New Box design

Version 6 - Weathered YF19

Version 7 - ...........................

I'm pretty sure all of that is collectively version 2. Version 2 in design/tooling, that is. We're looking for a version 3 now (I still love my version 2s, though).

Damn I have to correct myself it should be Version 8 154218d4.gif

Version 1 - stand alone YF19

Version 2 - YF19 with Fold booster

Version 3 - 25th Anniversary Edition

Version 4 - Double Nuts

Version 5 - Bird of Prey

Version 6 - YF19 with New Box design

Version 7 - Weathered YF19

Version 8 - ...........................

I count all of that mold as 1. Would you believe my poor lil 1/72 YF-19 is still in the case. My first valk I bought from overseas off the internet. Was the coolest thing ever at the time. And I wish this thing would quit auto changing valk to talk.

They're still not as expensive as the 17, 19, or Bandai Chogokins. If you have patience and can wait for the HLJ sale, they're pretty "reasonable" even with shipping but, sale or not, the V2 VF-1's are totally worth it.

I actually really want a 1/100 sized...considering my shelf size...and my budget now... Although if there was ever a V2 1J kit..that would be kinda cool..