DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Placed an order with NY... fingers and toes crossed.

You'll probably get it. If what NY say is true, they have a live update system that only makes available what's in stock. Kinda crazy that NY has endless extras while HK sellers couldn't even get a single one....

I'm also quickly becoming a fan of the battroid mode. Aside from the old VF-1 battroid, this is fast becoming my other favorite battroid mode. It looks menacing.

I agree, the battroid mode is superb, certainly one of my favorites.

Got my VF-171EX and YF-29 together from AE today, and didn't get taxed because AE marked them as only worth 3200 yen.

Issues:

1) Fitting of the left shoulder armor is a little off right out of the box. In fighter mode it would push the wing out for a bit and don't sit flush with the chest armor.

2) Swivel joint in the upper right leg is rather loose. It only affects the gerwalk mode but not really bad since it's range is hard limited and the unit is not heavy.

3) B mode stand is rather bad. Is it blocking the wings in yours?

I just ordered one from Hobby search. With the above link.

The one I ordered yesterday from HLJ didn't go though. Probably because I choose the private warehouse option instead of the ship it now option. I think people who ask for ship it now option have priority or something. Screw that site.

I just ordered one from Hobby search. With the above link.

The one I ordered yesterday from HLJ didn't go though. Probably because I choose the private warehouse option instead of the ship it now option. I think people who ask for ship it now option have priority or something. Screw that site.

I don't think so. I'm sitting on two of these in my private warehouse right now. I'm gonna finally request to ship these this weekend.

You'll probably get it. If what NY say is true, they have a live update system that only makes available what's in stock. Kinda crazy that NY has endless extras while HK sellers couldn't even get a single one....

I woke up... and shipping notice was in my e-mail :D . I'm very surprised by their stock level for an item that is seemingly sold out everywhere.

Good choice on the Focker. You are a man of impeccable taste. :)

Stay classy, sir. indeed.gif

On topic, as it has already been said, I'm guessing we won't be so fortunate with NY in the future now that everyone knows about them and their apparent in stock reliability with this release. :(

-Kyp

My private warehouse had nothing in it. It just said order stop.

Sounds like bad luck, man :(

Someone just got the order in before you did so the system couldn't stick anything in private warehouse. Plus they're ironing out a lot of bugs with the new system. I've had these in private warehouse for a good week now.

Sounds like bad luck, man :(

Someone just got the order in before you did so the system couldn't stick anything in private warehouse. Plus they're ironing out a lot of bugs with the new system. I've had these in private warehouse for a good week now.

It sounds like it. I managed to get one of the last ones off Hobby Search though. So everything's sweet.

god damn it. USPS just left the slip to pick up the package at the post office in the mailbox without coming to the door. This isn't the first time they have done that.

There's some damn woman working for the postal service near my house who will do the exact same thing. I take care of my Mom and have warned her this woman doesn't even attempt to show up at the door and she's actually had to change the postwoman down the road to yell at her about doing her job correct. I try as hard as i can to get everything Fed Ex or UPS now because I don't trust that woman to do anything correct and expect, now that we've caught her red handed, she'll attempt to retaliate in some way.

god damn it. USPS just left the slip to pick up the package at the post office in the mailbox without coming to the door. This isn't the first time they have done that.

Damn I hate that. I just had one of my deliveries do that yesterday. The postman usually comes around between 10-11:30 am every day. He always tries to ring my unit first to see if I'm there. Never changes. But once in a while someone new is on the route, and this time that person showed up at 7:30 am yesterday apparently, since that is when they left the delivery card. I was up by 6:45 am and didn't leave for work until 8 am. So there was NO WAY I missed them buzzing me unless they never bothered to in the first place. The phone was right next to me the whole time. Weaksauce.

USPS does that crap all the time. No wonder they're broke and can't compete with UPS et al.

Why, just this morning I was sitting around expecting my 171 from Hobby Search to arrive. I saw a mail truck sitting around in front of my house for awhile around 10:30am, but then he drove off. Had to leave for work so no idea if USPS is gonna screw me again and make me pick up my stuff from the post office on a Saturday morning, but that's probably what's going to happen.

I'm definitely filing a complaint if I find a goddamn "We Missed You!" slip when I get home.

My private warehouse had nothing in it. It just said order stop.

Did you get a payment request from HLJ? It will only go into your private warehouse AFTER the item is paid for. This is what I don't like about their Private Warehouse system, because now you have to wait for them to send you a shipping payment request after you create the shipment from the PW. I wish you could just set up a shipment once you have the order confirmation and it's in the HLJ system. This way when they send you a payment request, they will know how to ship it and include the shipping cost in the payment request. Would save several days of waiting like many of us had to do waiting to get the shipping payment request then the shipping notice.

Chris

My usps guys are great. They've gotten to the point of leaving the package at my door without me signing.

Anyway, is this bird like an off-white? My 25f looks a lot brighter. It could be my lights too, but does anyone else notice this?

Funny, but I'm betting if USPS left a package on one of your doorsteps and someone rolled up and stole it, you'd be pretty pissed. There's a reason they take it back to the office if no one is around to receive the package... now, if someone IS home and they don't even give the doorbell a ring to check, complain away. But as much as I don't enjoy going to the post office, I'd rather it be there than in some random thief's possession.

I always give my mailman a tip (is it legal to give tips to US postal workers?) every year usually during the holidays, so he always come to my front door, and even a couple of times he's already delivered the mail yet forgot the package, he drives back the same day. Btw my VF-171 just got here from HLJ 2 days earlier than scheduled, This ones staying in fighter mode, or if they release a CF or Luca ver. i will sell it but thats far down the line.

Edited by Murphy

Funny, but I'm betting if USPS left a package on one of your doorsteps and someone rolled up and stole it, you'd be pretty pissed. There's a reason they take it back to the office if no one is around to receive the package... now, if someone IS home and they don't even give the doorbell a ring to check, complain away. But as much as I don't enjoy going to the post office, I'd rather it be there than in some random thief's possession.

Yeah, well, when you're sitting there waiting for the doorball to ring and it never does but then you find a slip in your mailbox claiming they missed you it's pretty obvious they didn't even try and are being lazy. That's what we're all complaining about.

Did you get a payment request from HLJ? It will only go into your private warehouse AFTER the item is paid for. This is what I don't like about their Private Warehouse system, because now you have to wait for them to send you a shipping payment request after you create the shipment from the PW. I wish you could just set up a shipment once you have the order confirmation and it's in the HLJ system. This way when they send you a payment request, they will know how to ship it and include the shipping cost in the payment request. Would save several days of waiting like many of us had to do waiting to get the shipping payment request then the shipping notice.

Chris

Does this only happen with Paypal?

Yeah, well, when you're sitting there waiting for the doorball to ring and it never does but then you find a slip in your mailbox claiming they missed you it's pretty obvious they didn't even try and are being lazy. That's what we're all complaining about.

I was referring more to guy above that posted like he was happy they were dropping packages on his front doorstep without signatures. I'm with you on USPS folks being lazy and not bothering... usually though, if you ever get a chance to speak with the delivery person and let them know your preferences, they're usually cool with it. :)