DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Another sad day for me. I just got an email from dendenhobby.com that they won't be able to fulfull my order as they only 5% of their order. Still, not too sad as I've been buying Yamato stuff lately and this justs confirms my desire to leave the Frontier stuff out of my display until Yamato gets the license.

That is such baloney. Hope that my HK ebayer comes through

Edited by mass driver

For all of you that ordered from Nippon Yasan and are getting one, did you guys pre-pay when you first ordered or did you pay when they sent the invoice a few weeks ago? Just curious since I have a 25G on pre-order with them.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Has anyone heard if Bigbadtoystore will get any VF 171 EX in or if they cancelled anyone's preorder yet? I have a preorder for the VF 171 EX from Bigbadtoystore, which was the only place I was able to preorder back in March, and I have not heard back from them yet. I have read that Bigbadtoystore is late for those who preordered the reissue of the YF 29 so I am wondering if those who preordered the 171 EX will be in the same boat or if they will conduct a massive cancelation of all preorders?

Well this sucks, just got my payment request from HLJ for the 171 and the CF VF-1A but their web site is still down so I can't pay yet. Lol!

Chris

I paid a few weeks ago when they asked for it but ordered long ago. Nippon Yasan said when I asked that it was to be shipped on the 30th. Just a few ours then… I hope… could have gotten the cheaper Hobbysearch one yesterday…

Now I want more than one. The scheme really works a lot better than the M7 one for the 17. It brings out a lot of the design detail without needing to look at it from up close.

Seeing they are doing a no scheme YF-29 gives me hope for a limited 171 CF. One Alto and one CF would be perfect. PLEASE!!

Just an FYI for anyone interested... Ebay reply from my seller Happy_Formula regarding the situation for HK 171 preorders:

"hi

yea, this is true, most hongkong local toy store did not get this product, so they had to refund to customers, but I order this directly from Japan since I knew this issue, so I am waiting for it to come in next couple days

regards"

Well I went ahead and paid upfront for both the valk and super packs, thinking I might get lucky, and get a VF-171 from them quickly. I don't want to cancel the super parts preorder, but I don't know how they treat orders of multiple items that get released at different times. Probably just have to contact them about that directly, since if they do have the 171 in stock, I don't want to wait six months for it. :lol:

I ordered a VF-25F super packs set and a VF-25S Armor packs set at the same time with Nippon-Yasan; they were paid for just prior the the release of the super packs, but since they are bundled under the same invoice the two sets won't ship until the armor packs hit the market (end of this month?). So, yes, if you placed the order for the VF-171EX and the packs at the same time you will be waiting for the Nightmare Plus until the packs are released.

My advice is to shoot them an email requesting that the two items be broken into two separate invoices with their own shipping quotes... can't hurt to try.

I never paid for my 171at NY and it seems my preorder for the 25g is still good

I hope you're right, but the one day before release was probably not over yet. Have a look tomorrow.

For all of you that ordered from Nippon Yasan and are getting one, did you guys pre-pay when you first ordered or did you pay when they sent the invoice a few weeks ago? Just curious since I have a 25G on pre-order with them.

Chris

I've ordered several times from them, always paid when they sent the invoices 2/3 weeks before release and I have never been disappointed.

Cool thanks for the info. :)

Well, I was fortunate enough to get through and pay for my order with HLJ. Was even able to create the shipment from my private warehouse and change my shipping to FedEx which was cheapest! SAL AND EMS were the same rate??? Now I just have to wait for the shipping payment request and all should be well...hopefully.

Chris

Another sad day for me. I just got an email from dendenhobby.com that they won't be able to fulfull my order as they only 5% of their order. Still, not too sad as I've been buying Yamato stuff lately and this justs confirms my desire to leave the Frontier stuff out of my display until Yamato gets the license.

Got the same email today. Requested the refund, then rolled the dice on Nippon-Yasan, since they still show the 171 as available. Crossing my fingers. If they come through, I'll get the super packs from them as well.

I hope you're right, but the one day before release was probably not over yet. Have a look tomorrow.

I've ordered several times from them, always paid when they sent the invoices 2/3 weeks before release and I have never been disappointed.

Ill complain. The invoice they sent me wa sin a different language. Ill say I didn't know what was going on. :o

My order from Nippon Yasan says preparing order for the last few days now. What does that even mean? Feels kind of sketchy.

A past order I had with them said that for about a week. The item eventually shipped and arrived without incident. In retrospect maybe it took them a while to track down the used Amazon box or gather the newspaper. I have to admit that the recycled box and newspaper did their job since the item arrived in perfect condition.

Got my payment request from HLJ, paid and then got a message the thing is going in their frickin private warehouse and will be shipped 60 days later, unless I tell them otherwise!!!!

I don't want it in their frickin warehouse, I want it shipped ASAP, so I can have it in my hands!

So now after paying for the toy, I've gotta jump through more hoops, logging in again, paying a second time. Shesh, crap like this is the reason I seldom use HLJ. They always find some new way to piss me off big time.

Seriously, the last time I use HLJ.

Sticking with Tokyo Hunter and Anime Export from now on, can't go wrong with them.

Graham

Well this sucks, just got my payment request from HLJ for the 171 and the CF VF-1A but their web site is still down so I can't pay yet. Lol!

Chris

Doh. In my case, my credit card company decided to deny the payment transaction as a possible fraud alert when HLJ tried to bill me, and the CC company called me to verify the transaction. This despite me having to do the very same thing earlier in the week for something I had bought during the Macross sale. I mean it's good that they're trying to protect their cardholders, but it's to the point where it's ridiculous when they're flagging things that aren't out of the ordinary since I have a long history of buying stuff from HLJ.

So now I have to wait until next week until they ship mine.

Got my payment request from HLJ, paid and then got a message the thing is going in their frickin private warehouse and will be shipped 60 days later, unless I tell them otherwise!!!!

I don't want it in their frickin warehouse, I want it shipped ASAP, so I can have it in my hands!

So now after paying for the toy, I've gotta jump through more hoops, logging in again, paying a second time. Shesh, crap like this is the reason I seldom use HLJ. They always find some new way to piss me off big time.

Sticking with Tokyo Hunter and Anime Export from now on, can't go wrong with them.

Graham

I had an email from them earlier in the week telling me to choose to ship immediately or use the warehouse for all future orders. Did you happen to get it too? I wonder if it wasn't responded to, then it defaulted to the warehouse. I got this on June 21st:

We're thrilled to announce that we've got some big changes coming at HLJ next week that are going to make shopping with us far more convenient than ever before!

In addition to a redesign of much of our website, we're rolling out a new system we're calling "Private Warehouse." In short, you'll be able to completely control how and when any of your purchases with us are shipped! But since you currently have items on order with us, we need you to tell us how you want those items to be handled as we switch to the new system. Click the big button below to learn more, and make your choice!

Edited by MacrossJunkie

For those who ordered from Nippon-Yasan, I ordered my YF-29 about 2 weeks prior to release last May (paid in full up front) and it shipped on 6-1. If you got an email stating its preparing for shipment then that means that your order is good to go. Just be patient. I haven't had any problems with them so far.

Edited by OzmaLee74

Graham

Holy Jesus, was it really that bad? Honestly? <_<

Graham

So requesting shipping, and then making the appropriate separate shipping payment differs from Anime Export's system in what way... exactly..? :wacko:

Similar with Tokyo Hunter; payment upfront then shipping invoice when in stock/confirmed.

Although you could have avoided the 'dilemma' by reading the courtesy email they sent out informing you that they would be changing the system and could choose either option then.

HLJ don't request payment until the items are in stock, don't have penalties for cancellation, and are willing to source missing/broken parts even if you aren't a registered customer. Their return policy is uncontested amongst any online shop I know of.

The Private Warehouse system was introduced by popular request as an option to reduce shipping charges. Combined with their 20% off EMS shipping it's convenient for people who don't mind waiting to save on shipping.

It's good to have complaints about any retailer out there but only when it's warranted. I understand that people can get impatient when they want their things now (lucky I'm a patient man) but people need to realize that they just this second rolled out a new website and new system and they're hammering out the bugs as it were. I see people submitting requests to do things two or three times when they should be doing it once and waiting.

It's just unlucky that this is also the week when the 171 is released at the same time. Just have a little patience is all...

...that reminds me, I gotta move my 171s from the private warehouse to ship.

Edited by xrentonx

I ordered a VF-25F super packs set and a VF-25S Armor packs set at the same time with Nippon-Yasan; they were paid for just prior the the release of the super packs, but since they are bundled under the same invoice the two sets won't ship until the armor packs hit the market (end of this month?). So, yes, if you placed the order for the VF-171EX and the packs at the same time you will be waiting for the Nightmare Plus until the packs are released.

My advice is to shoot them an email requesting that the two items be broken into two separate invoices with their own shipping quotes... can't hurt to try.

Well, did what I can I suppose. If they can't break it up, maybe I'll just get a really nice present around Christmas this year. :p

My only real concern is that I don't know how they treat combined orders. Assuming they do have it in stock, are they going to set it aside for me until then (since I did pay ahead, it's already paid for), or will I have to hope they're still in stock when the super parts arrive? I guess one way or another, I can deal, I'm just irritated with myself for getting impatient and ordering without thinking.

So requesting shipping, and then making the appropriate separate shipping payment differs from Anime Export's system in what way... exactly..? :wacko:

Similar with Tokyo Hunter; payment upfront then shipping invoice when in stock/confirmed.

Although you could have avoided the 'dilemma' by reading the courtesy email they sent out informing you that they would be changing the system and could choose either option then.

HLJ don't request payment until the items are in stock, don't have penalties for cancellation, and are willing to source missing/broken parts even if you aren't a registered customer. Their return policy is uncontested amongst any online shop I know of.

The Private Warehouse system was introduced by popular request as an option to reduce shipping charges. Combined with their 20% off EMS shipping it's convenient for people who don't mind waiting to save on shipping.

Because when something is in stock and I've paid for it, I want it shipped with minimum fuss and ASAP. I expect an email from the seller asking me to pay for shipping, not an email telling me there are gonna put it into storage. HLJ are already very show at getting stuff out, but when they start adding extra steps, it really is the last straw.

Graham

So everyone who's preordered from Nipponyasan has gotten their stuff, right? No one's gotten BBTS'ed with them?

Asking since I'm considering putting in a 171 armor set preorder with them.

Mine's already stateside. Due for delivery on Monday before 10:30am via FedEx.

Because when something is in stock and I've paid for it, I want it shipped with minimum fuss and ASAP. I expect an email from the seller asking me to pay for shipping, not an email telling me there are gonna put it into storage. HLJ are already very show at getting stuff out, but when they start adding extra steps, it really is the last straw.

Graham

You should probably set your preferences to have things ship immediately then. It can be done. How long it takes to get the things packed and shipped is something else entirely but hey, if you've had bad experience with HLJ, then that's a perfect reason to be down on them.

Anyhow, I like the private warehouse because I like the "Pile of Loot" feature from bbts.com

I admit, I have long held an irrational hatred of HLJ and only use them as an absolute last resort :p

Plus I'm very impatient and want stuff 'right now', which is why their slow order processing and loooooooooooooong time before they actually ship stuff out has always pissed me off.

A private warehouse has no appeal to me, although I understand why many might like it.

Graham