DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Wait...the hands have to come off!?!?

I'm canceling my order.

If that's the case, that's kinda odd, being that these are the same guys who did Yamato's, am I right in saying that? If so, it's lame, if not, still lame that this supposed cutting edge toy manufacturer can't make that work.

As I said, I can't believe you guys are still on the hands. Has anyone noticed the colour changes in the new photos compared to the older prototype? The red is less of a deep shade and has a more orange tint. Discuss! :p

I guess I'd rather know for sure tough, as that would be a deal breaker. Yeah it's probably too nitpicky for others but that's the nature of this hobby :-) Everyone thinks their particular foible is super important and others' ridiculously irrelevant.

Edited by aurance

If that's the case, that's kinda odd, being that these are the same guys who did Yamato's, am I right in saying that? If so, it's lame, if not, still lame that this supposed cutting edge toy manufacturer can't make that work.

It is the same guy that designed the 1:72 model. And even Yamato has similar issue with their VF-17 - the hands can hide in fighter mode but you still need to remove and store the hand covers somewhere in other modes.

As I said, I can't believe you guys are still on the hands. Has anyone noticed the colour changes in the new photos compared to the older prototype? The red is less of a deep shade and has a more orange tint. Discuss!

yeah I mean it's not like anyone on this message board can read Japanese and tell us what the article says about the hands

So... took a look at one of the posted images, blew it up enough to read the kanji, and yes: the hands have to come off and you install a cover.

Well, at least we know now (or, again, if someone else already did a translation). If you're not a stickler for anime accuracy though, it does look like there should be enough space to just leave the hands on in fighter mode.

If the hands do have to come off, and I completely understand why, it's too bad there isn't someplace they can be stored on the fighter so the people who do transform it often can just flip that place open and pull them out for convenience sake. I'd like a little place to store the covers on my VF-17 personally.

Well, shouldn't matter too much to me, anyways. I don't intend t keep mine, unless I can get one at the ami ami discount down the line (which is pretty much slim to none). I'm more concerned, and hope that the hands are able to retract inside the forearms in the CF version. Don't care about the covers, as long as it does like the Yamato 17, I'm cool with that.

Eh. It's not a deal breaker for me though I can understand how it can be to some. Actually I hope it's not a deal breaker to most since I want it to sell well enough for Bandai to warrant the cannon fodder.

Eh. Don't really care. Yeah, would prefer it to be at least like the Yamato 17D, but whatever. Still keeping my order. On the bright side, for those who think this is a deal breaker, it makes me giggle when reading the complaints. Silver lining, amiright?!?

I hate to say it but from what I've seen with Bandai and their first batch of Frontier series I'm going to wait for v2. I got a funny feeling Bandai is going to hear all the complaints about the hands and find an acceptable way later on down the road to include them in all modes.

Edited by zulu

2 pages and no one translated that hand photo description!!!???

It says 'slide the bottom lock to pull out the hand/wrist. You can switch between 4 different hands. There is also extra joint on the root of hand joints'

You don't need to take off the hands to transform.

The peg size look different because the page was not flat scanned. They are the same sizes.

the one on the far left is 'articulated hand' and the rest is fixed pose.

Yay for integrated hands then... lol. The sliding locks weren't mentioned in Renato's link last page.

Well, he couldn’t believe we were still arguing about the hands but he apparently didn’t translate the photo description. Ironically enough, I would’ve expected HIM to do so. ;)

Edited by Reïvaj

yeah I mean it's not like anyone on this message board can read Japanese and tell us what the article says about the hands

Nope!

(For the record I edited this post because I got confused which scan people were talking about!)

Edited by Renato

LOL. I didn't even notice the small photo of the hands in the last scans. Like I said, I got over the hands (non-)issue a month ago and only looked at the new scans to check the colour of the Valkyrie, I didn't even bother enlarging the pictures.

However, I did pre-empt this!! Remember in one of my last posts I did say that those bastards would probably improve the mold so that hands would be incorporated after all just so I could look stupid when all is said and done -- and they did! Hats off to them!! :lol: :lol:

Aarrghhh... Everything to do with this frickin valk, from development to preorder means we have to be online 24/7.... <_<-_-

Well, he couldn’t believe we were still arguing about the hands but he apparently didn’t translate the photo description. Ironically enough, I would’ve expected HIM to do so. ;)

Sorry! Like I said, I didn't even notice them because I had made my peace with the removable hands as described in previous scans.

Edited by Renato

SO...THIS HANDS THING :) ...I'm glad to hear that it may be integrated after all. It was my only qualm but I would've kept both of my preorders anyway. Did I mention hands? More hands and then some!

I hate to say it but from what I've seen with Bandai and their first batch of Frontier series I'm going to wait for v2. I got a funny feeling Bandai is going to hear all the complaints about the hands and find an acceptable way later on down the road to include them in all modes.

This quote so far is true of all Macross toy manufacturers for all Macross series. Well, I guess Macross Zero's V1 toys didn't even make it to market (the 1/100 partsformer) but I'm sure we'd all like V2 VF-0 toys over a reissue of the subpar Yamato offerings. Look at all the clamoring for Yamato to take a third effort at the YF-19. Waiting for the next version seems a prudent decision more often then not... but you'll spend a whole lot less time actually buzzing around with your toy transformable planes.

2 pages and no one translated that hand photo description!!!???

It says 'slide the bottom lock to pull out the hand/wrist. You can switch between 4 different hands. There is also extra joint on the root of hand joints'

You don't need to take off the hands to transform.

The peg size look different because the page was not flat scanned. They are the same sizes.

the one on the far left is 'articulated hand' and the rest is fixed pose.

I'm sorry, I might be missing something (obviously I can't read kanji). This quote seems just to indicate how to remove/switch hands, not that they can stay attached in fighter mode. Someone clarify?