DX VF-171EX from Macross Frontier

charger69

Random thought just occurred to me, and I can't say there's anything solid to back it up.. but given the situation with web shops, I half wonder if Bandai might be taking flak from their home customer base, blaming low stock problems on online shops that cater to other countries?

I mean, it might not be that specific.. but it wouldn't surprise me if they decided they needed to focus on getting their stock to the intended audience of Macross, rather than the online masses. If you're having to cut down production due to budget issues, it would make sense to focus on the local fanbase I guess.

Doesn't mean they couldn't make a ton of profit selling outside Japan.. but if they have to cut back, they might be giving first dibs to local retailers.

This thread is shaping up to be an instant macrossworld classic or/and it will get locked :lol:

Silly boy. Just wait till it actually comes out. It's not a MW toy thread till the actual toy complaints come. "Oh it's not tampo." "This part gets loose." "OMG! <small random part> explodes after X-transformations." :p

Dammit I go on holiday for a couple of weeks and this is what miss!?!??!!? Is it still available for preorder anywhere?

I just hope this doesn't keep up for releases like the VF-25G and what-not. Honestly, this is a bit rediculous, whether retailers knew about stock availability or Bandai is just screwing around. What is the point of cheaper releases if you're gonna have to end up paying more anyways for scalper prices.

Honestly, although it may be more expensive, the refinement and actual respect to customers that I have seen from Yamato truly put it ahead as the better company in my mind, and cases like these only further cement it. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be chilling in the VF-4 thread, where I'm confident that my hours of rambling will at least result in allowing me to pick up a release with ease, even if it is an online exclusive.

Edited by Archer

hurmm....I really want to believe Bandai still has not updated their total allocation to the retailers yet...but recent experience with the SHF Kamen Riders says otherwise.

Well, I guess if I miss this one, it will contribute to my 'Buy VF-4G' Trust Funds :p .

I just hope this doesn't keep up for releases like the VF-25G and what-not. Honestly, this is a bit rediculous, whether retailers knew about stock availability or Bandai is just screwing around. What is the point of cheaper releases if you're gonna have to end up paying more anyways for scalper prices.

Honestly, although it may be more expensive, the refinement and actual respect to customers that I have seen from Yamato truly put it ahead as the better company in my mind, and cases like these only further cement it. I don't know about you guys, but I'll be chilling in the VF-4 thread, where I'm confident that my hours of rambling will at least result in allowing me to pick up a release with ease, even if it is an online exclusive.

Yeah, Yamato wins hands down in the fan friendly department. It's not even close. Makes me want to support them more. As for future releases, I think it's a good bet that for Michel and Luca's valks, we're going to have to go through the same thing again. :angry:

No, not really (at least, not for their cash cow, gundam). I was able to pick up the recent tamashii nations Gundam Fix Metal Composite Origin version a few months after release for nearly the same price as HLJ's pre-order. At the same time though, wait a year or longer, and you will be paying scalper prices for something that shouldn't be worth that much (although most have got it if they want the product at that point).

Bandai's Gundam releases, from my experiences, are larger, but suffer the same re-release issues as most of all of Bandai's product.

Well that's disappointing to here. It SEEMS like they are really missing an opportunity to make some more money here. I too understand about risks, like what Veef said.....but, like Veef also pointed out, Bandai's early Frontier releases left a lot to be desired....not counting the 1/72 kits. Crap products won't sell well, the crappy looking v1 25 series (that apparently had qc issues as well) and then the parts forming vf100 series. Now they show the series some love with nicely designed v2 25's, 29, and now the 171. The fans want them but now they seem to be gun shy because they got burnt on their crappy early releases.

Chris

Well that's disappointing to here. It SEEMS like they are really missing an opportunity to make some more money here. I too understand about risks, like what Veef said.....but, like Veef also pointed out, Bandai's early Frontier releases left a lot to be desired....not counting the 1/72 kits. Crap products won't sell well, the crappy looking v1 25 series (that apparently had qc issues as well) and then the parts forming vf100 series. Now they show the series some love with nicely designed v2 25's, 29, and now the 171. The fans want them but now they seem to be gun shy because they got burnt on their crappy early releases.

Chris

If the Bandai guys had any common sense, they'd realize just how awful the V1's were, and that's why they didn't sell. It's not that no one wanted VF-25 figures, it's that they don't want QC-ridden VF-25 figures that can't pull a decent GERWALK mode if their lives depended on it.

Or maybe they're thinking the MF franchise is no longer as hot as it was a couple years back, and didn't want to risk it?

Either way, there's still Yamato, even if it might take five or more years to get the MF license. On the bright side, it might take me about that long to save the cash for their Valks, considering the current prices.

that apparently had qc issues as well

If you're talking about parts breaking out of box or being poorly designed they weaken, that's a design issue

quality control is you don't get a robot with a giant smear of paint or two left arms out of the box

Hi res pics on HobbySearch make me sad. But I too feel resigned at this point of the day. Here's hoping Bandai gets their heads outta their asses when the recolor/re-release comes down the pipe. Not holding my breath though.

Hi res pics on HobbySearch make me sad. But I too feel resigned at this point of the day. Here's hoping Bandai gets their heads outta their asses when the recolor/re-release comes down the pipe. Not holding my breath though.

Don't feel too bad about the how the high res pics on HS make you want the VF-171EX more. It actually already shows a flaw in their resin/prototype design. There's a crack on the left forearm: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10178529a2/20/2. If it's not corrected in the final version... it will eventually show up stress marks in the same area.

I installed this addon today to scan all the shops, DDOS style:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/update-scanner/

Around 9pm EST today, anime-export pre-order list was updated with this:

N5vLC.jpg

They were adding one item every few minutes, until around 10:10pm the DX VF-171EX is up (10% off, not the usual 20%)

http://www.anime-export.com/product/8512

It is still open at 10:18pm...

I installed this addon today to scan all the shops, DDOS style:

https://addons.mozil...update-scanner/

Around 9pm EST today, anime-export pre-order list was updated with this:

N5vLC.jpg

They were adding one item every few minutes, until around 10:10pm the DX VF-171EX is up (10% off, not the usual 20%)

http://www.anime-exp...om/product/8512

It is still open at 10:18pm...

Yup, definitely open but the site won't let me register and eventually timed out on me. Not sure if I want to try them out because of this...

Yup, definitely open but the site won't let me register and eventually timed out on me. Not sure if I want to try them out because of this...

Site is being hammered right now due to all the refreshing.

Anime-export is being HAMMERED right now. I can't get through. >_<

EDIT: SOLD frakkING OUT.

20 minutes or so it was open I believe. The site got wasted by people so it looked like it was almost going to crash or something. Did you get one? Or did you get kicked out like others did?